Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Practice / press conference notes - week 8 (Packers week)

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 5m5 minutes ago

#broncos limited today Sambrailo ware Talib and Sanders Manning took about half practice Kubiak said

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 4m4 minutes ago

Kubiak on teammates praising Manning. "They know he's the leader of the team and they know what he's done to help us win" #Broncos

Denver Broncos ‏@Broncos 2m2 minutes ago

Kubiak: "We've got a long week ahead of us. ... We're going to be ready to play. Emotion is not going to be a problem." #GBvsDEN

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 2m2 minutes ago

#broncos Kubiak said Latimer played well vs Cleveland especially with blocking in the run game. Said needs a couple of catches to get going

Kubiak said Thursday will be big day to determine whether Sambrailo plays #broncos

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 24s24 seconds ago

Kubiak visited with Jake Plummer at practice. Said he's one of best on how he treated his teammates

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

#JakeTheSnake

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 24s24 seconds ago

Kubiak visited with Jake Plummer at practice. Said he's one of best on how he treated his teammates
    And the worst at how he treated fans, handled adversity, or was receptive to coaching.

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    And the worst at how he treated fans, handled adversity, or was receptive to coaching.
    Please.

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 7m7 minutes ago

Peyton Manning: "I think I speak for any player when I say it's an honor to play for a team owned by Pat Bowlen."

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 7m7 minutes ago

Manning said remembers 1st meeting Bowlen when in Indy "I don't think he liked me much. And I got it. He loves the broncos." Praised Bowlen

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 6m6 minutes ago

Manning "I want to play better. I know I need to play better."

Denver Broncos ‏@Broncos 4m4 minutes ago

#Manning: " [@packers have] got a lot of talented players over there; a lot of high draft choices." #GBvsDEN

Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 3m3 minutes ago

Manning on setting the wins record for a QB this week: "I really don't get into the what-ifs and the hypotheticals".

7. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by buff View Post
    and the worst at how he treated fans, handled adversity, or was receptive to coaching.
    lol

Manning on setting the wins record for a QB this week: "I really don't get into the what-ifs and the hypotheticals".

I hope manning pulls a Brandon LLoyd
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

You're looking at total points, not points per game - we had our bye. We are #15 in points per game (actually 14 now - I had posted this before the Monday night game). Your overall point is valid, though other teams score via defense and ST too and there's no way to factor those out with just the raw data.
    wrong

true we are 14th in point per game ...but you deduct the defensive scores...and it still puts us at 18.5 OFFENSIVE PPG....which would realistically be 30th ranked in ppg

green bay deducting their 9 def points would still be at 25.8 PPG

and as I said if you deduct the 20 points manning gave up that are held against the defense....it puts the defense at 13.6 points per game...much better than green bays defense

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 3m3 minutes ago

"...But I made the WRs practice a scripted hot potato football celebration in case it happens."

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho2 View Post
    wrong

true we are 14th in point per game ...but you deduct the defensive scores...and it still puts us at 18.5 OFFENSIVE PPG....which would realistically be 30th ranked in ppg

and as I said if you deduct the 20 points manning gave up that are held against the defense....it puts the defense at 13.6 points per game...much better than green bays defense
    You wrote that we were 25th. That was incorrect unless you were looking at total points, not ppg. As I said, I'm not arguing with your other point, but I'm not going back through every other team's defensive points scored to get "realistic" numbers. Our offense is last in DVOA, so I'm not arguing we've been good.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 5m5 minutes ago

#broncos limited today Sambrailo ware Talib and Sanders Manning took about half practice Kubiak said

Kubiak said Thursday will be big day to determine whether Sambrailo plays #broncos
    What did he do to his arm that's cost a month of playing time? What the Hell's TC doing to our draftees that cost their whole rookie season? First Demaryius, then JT, now Heuerman and Sambrailo. I'm starting to feel we should trade all of each years picks for proven players; picks are so overvalued now we could probably get a dozen Pro Bowlers.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. —Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Broncos-Packers tickets going for more than $3,000 on secondary market

Two unbeaten teams plus two future Hall of Fame quarterbacks plus one well-respected owner equals a pretty penny to be inside Sports Authority Field on Sunday night.

Already among some of the toughest tickets to get in the NFL, prices on the secondary market for the Denver Broncos' soldout game against Green Bay are in the $400 to $700 range for the upper deck and more than $3,300 for the lower level.

The storied Packers are in town for a nationally televised matchup featuring two 6-0 teams with two marquee quarterbacks — Peyton Manning and Aaron Rodgers, who have faced each other just once in their careers.
    rest - http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_29...ore-than-3-000

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    Unexpected, especially since I can't see how releasing a player on IR can benefit the team: It doesn't clear a roster spot or cap space. Perhaps we're just giving him a chance to sign and play elsewhere, since he wasn't return designated? It brings to mind something Jhabvala posted during our last game though:

We deactivated Kilgo, prompting her to ask a probably rhetorical question: Does our roster have ANY NTs but Sly and Kilgo (Answer: Not unless we bring Deandre Coleman or George Uko up from the PS, and 284 lb. Uko's WAY too light to be 3-4 NT regardless.) It concerns me, because anchoring the lines center, commanding double teams and collapsing the pocket every down, is a grueling exhausting position: We need a solid #2 to spell Sly, and a decent #3 in case he or Kilgo are hurt.

Right now, we only have the solid #2, and only if we don't deactivate him for game day again. If EITHER gets hurt midgame, the other's stuck playing throughout the rest of it, then we scramble to sign someone and/or call up a second year or rookie PS player. I trust Elway, Kubiak and Wade, but the center of our defensive line looks awfully thin for a team attempting one final desperate SB run with a whole new coaching staff and philosophy.
    DL is solid, top ranked defense in NFL

#inwadeitrust
    Last edited by NightTerror218; 10-28-2015 at 05:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho2 View Post
    wrong

I forgot that one extra-point was blocked, but, was that on on one of Manning's pick-sixes? I don't think so?

In any event, deducting 21 points for Manning's pick-sixes, the Broncos defense is averaging 13.5 points a game (81 points), on pace to surrender 216 for the season, which is significantly better than the 2013 Seahawks (231, or 14.4 ppg), but worse than the 2002 Bucs (196), and much more than the 2000 Ravens who set the record - they gave up 163 points (10.3 ppg).

The difference so far is that those teams did it in the Super Bowl, not just game 6 of the regular season.

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    DL is solid, top ranked defense in NFL

#inwadeitrust
    Yeah, pretty much. I still worry about NT depth though, because 3-4 DT is a more punishing exhausting spot than 4-3 DT (which isn't soft or effortless itself:) It takes solid ROTATION to get through whole games without EVER cracking, and a serviceable #3 to get through a whole SEASON, since at least one of the top 2's almost certain to miss time eventually. 4-3s and 3-4s don't just mirror each other overall, but at their core: One depends on a good MLB and DEs, the other on a good NT and OLBs.

We're in great shape at OLB, and at NT—until someone inevitably gets hurt; then we've got nothing but the PS and waiver wire, and not even THAT till AFTER the game. All things considered, I wouldn't be surprised to see Wade reunite with Jay Ratliff if we can do it cheaply.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. —Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information