Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Coming back to Denver after 24 years!

Adopted Bronco:
    Champ Bailey

Default Coming back to Denver after 24 years!

Ok, so it's just for a visit but I'm stoked none-the-less. And I couldn't have picked a better game...Broncos and Packers on Sunday night...the battle of undefeateds! Oh and it's for my bday...the big 4-0

So me and my girlfriend will be there for a few days and we're looking for stuff to do. It's been so long I honestly don't remember and I'm sure the city has changed a lot. We are already planning on a stadium tour. I was going to book a horse carriage ride (gf wanted it) but read some bad reviews for the Irish Rose company.

So I turn to the good people of Broncos Forums for advice on places to eat, things to do, tailgate parties, etc. We are staying at the Warwick next to the 16th St mall, arriving on the 29th and leaving the 3rd... Oh, and despite me living there for 6 yrs, this will be my first Broncos game! I'm so pumped, this will be longest two weeks ever!

2. The Following 12 Users High Fived Reidman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Welcome back! Well for a little bit anyway...

There are some good places to eat on 16th street mall. Some are chains (like Rock Bottom and The Yard House) but are still very good. For breakfast or lunch you have to hit up Sams #3 at least once, its right off 15th and Curtis and has some great diner food. Also if you are just looking for cheaper lunch options places like Illegal Petes (think Chipotle but better) is near the end of the mall.

If you get a chance another place to check out is the historic Market in Larimer Square: http://themarketatlarimer.com I know natives that have never been to this place! I always go there for breakfast on Saturday while my son is in a class at the performing arts center. Great coffee and tea!

As far as gameday you can always hit up Mile High Station which is just across from Mile High Stadium. They do a Broncos Bash before every home game. It gets pretty crowded but if you give yourself enough time you can get some good food and beer before the game: http://milehighstation.com/broncos-events.php

If you are looking for some more places off 16th Street let me know, but you are in walking distance to some cool stuff! Just take the shuttle up and down and be sure to hit up both 15th and 17th to find some hidden gems as far as shops and food goes. The Pavilions is also pretty fun and has a movie theater and bowling alley, but can be a bit pricey. Have a great time!

4. The Following 4 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Wow. Long time no see Reidman. Good to see you here.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Champ Bailey

Sweet, I will check out some of those places. I didn't plan on renting a car but I might have to, to go visit areas like Boulder, Coal Creek, Nederland... Was wondering though if Uber operates there...or at the very least a shuttle, to and from Sports authority..

Thanks NTL... I've been very busy with work and family...also split and divorced a few years back but met an awesome lady and I'm introducing her to the greatest team and state on the planet!

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Reidman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Welcome back! Well for a little bit anyway...

There are some good places to eat on 16th street mall. Some are chains (like Rock Bottom and The Yard House) but are still very good. For breakfast or lunch you have to hit up Sams #3 at least once, its right off 15th and Curtis and has some great diner food. Also if you are just looking for cheaper lunch options places like Illegal Petes (think Chipotle but better) is near the end of the mall.

If you get a chance another place to check out is the historic Market in Larimer Square: http://themarketatlarimer.com I know natives that have never been to this place! I always go there for breakfast on Saturday while my son is in a class at the performing arts center. Great coffee and tea!

As far as gameday you can always hit up Mile High Station which is just across from Mile High Stadium. They do a Broncos Bash before every home game. It gets pretty crowded but if you give yourself enough time you can get some good food and beer before the game: http://milehighstation.com/broncos-events.php

If you are looking for some more places off 16th Street let me know, but you are in walking distance to some cool stuff! Just take the shuttle up and down and be sure to hit up both 15th and 17th to find some hidden gems as far as shops and food goes. The Pavilions is also pretty fun and has a movie theater and bowling alley, but can be a bit pricey. Have a great time!
    I always hit up the jack n grill on federal for breakfast before tailgating. If you like green chili it's a good stop, and not too terribly far from the stadium. I usually park at nine then walk to there and back before tailgating gets ramped up. At the Vikings game I was too hungover to get an early start
    Free Hotcarl!

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived Pudge For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Dear MasterShake,

I'm very disappointed you didn't suggest Falling Rock. I feel like I don't even know you these days.

Sincerely. I guess.,

SR

Good to see you Reid. My co-worker is making the trip up for the game and I'm pretty jealous of you and him. Hope you and your girl have a great time in Denver and hopefully your trip ends with a Broncos W.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by SR View Post
    Dear MasterShake,

I'm very disappointed you didn't suggest Falling Rock. I feel like I don't even know you these days.

Sincerely. I guess.,

SR

Good to see you Reid. My co-worker is making the trip up for the game and I'm pretty jealous of you and him. Hope you and your girl have a great time in Denver and hopefully your trip ends with a Broncos W.
    Falling Rock is a given SR. That is usually where I get plastered before going over to the 1up Bar next door. Geesh!

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Falling Rock is a given SR. That is usually where I get plastered before going over to the 1up Bar next door. Geesh!
    That's the video game place?

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Champ Bailey

A given for locals maybe...what is Falling Rock? What good brewpubs are around? I love Colorado beer!

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Reidman View Post
    A given for locals maybe...what is Falling Rock? What good brewpubs are around? I love Colorado beer!
    Falling Rock Tap House. Google that shit NOW. I had the privilege of meeting Shake, Pola and her husband, BroncoJoe, and dogfish there a couple years ago. Had a great time. Awesome food and even awesomer beer.

18. The Following 3 Users High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by SR View Post
    Falling Rock Tap House. Google that shit NOW. I had the privilege of meeting Shake, Pola and her husband, BroncoJoe, and dogfish there a couple years ago. Had a great time. Awesome food and even awesomer beer.
    I had a Bud Light Lime.

j/k - I don't remember what I had, but it was good.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

You should buy some weed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

21. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    This is a general statement that applies to everyone at all times

23. The Following 3 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    I got drunk and went into a dispensary a couple days ago and bought some granola bar things. The next morning I woke up and found them and thought what the **** was I thinking and threw them away.
    Free Hotcarl!

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Pudge View Post
    I got drunk and went into a dispensary a couple days ago and bought some granola bar things. The next morning I woke up and found them and thought what the **** was I thinking and threw them away.
    I have never been to a dispensary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information