Thread: Pharma Bro’s 5,500% Price Hike Gets a Slap in the Face by Competitor Who Will Only Charge $1

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

Default Pharma Bro’s 5,500% Price Hike Gets a Slap in the Face by Competitor Who Will Only Charge $1

I just saw this story and was really happy that this competitor not only came up with a product that was cheaper and better than the original but was able to make Martin Shkreli look like even a bigger jerk.

In response to Turing Pharmaceuticals CEO Martin Shkreli raising the price of Daraprim from $13.50 to $750 a pill, a specialty pharmaceutical company announced Thursday that it has created an alternative medication that costs less than a dollar per pill. Due to the fact that many pharmaceutical corporations are drastically increasing drug prices, a new niche in the market has opened for smaller drug companies offering inexpensive medications as viable alternatives.

Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/dru...8JvDAeeIayv.99
    Getting Stoked

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived pnbronco For This Post:

I'm curious if insurance continued to pay for the $750 per pill medication. If so, he was able to get a lot of money without people having to really pay extra.

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    I'm curious if insurance continued to pay for the $750 per pill medication. If so, he was able to get a lot of money without people having to really pay extra.
    Well if you believe their CEO that's what he says happens. He rapes the insurance companies and patients pay a $10 copay. I doubt it works that way all the time but even if so then it will be money out of everyone's pockets when insurance companies simply raise their rates.

Says he wants the cash for "R&D".
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

I'm not sure, but what I saw on TV was that insurance companies said no they would no longer pay it. So people that really needed this drug could just not get it... He is a horrible, horrible person and Tom is right for the few that may have that means more money out my pocket and yours for the future to cover those cost. We use to have wonderful insurance because my husband had a really good job. Now we will be paying about $ 5000 more out of pocket per year.
    Getting Stoked

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

my co pay is only 25$ for my 3 meds, I think without insurance they would be around $450 a month

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Pharma costs now have no connection with reality. They should be neither $750 per pill, nor $10 for 30 if the true cost is neither. The insurance companies are caught between an overreaching federal government and a health care system that seems to have turned insurance fraud into an art form. What the Democrats clearly want is single-payer where the government controls all aspects and patients get a system of second-class doctors and third-world care. ObamaCare is just the vehicle to turn a bad private-sector nightmare into a worse government-run nightmare so people will clamor for government to "fix" the nightmare with single-payer, opening the door for the same abuses to personal rights now found in France, Britain and Canada.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information