Thread: Don Mattingly out as manager of Dodgers after five seasons

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Don Mattingly out as manager of Dodgers after five seasons

The Los Angeles Dodgers and manager Don Mattingly have mutually agreed to part ways, the team announced Thursday.

Mattingly had one year remaining on his contract, and sources indicated to ESPN's Ramona Shelburne that the Dodgers offered him an extension this past weekend. But after years of uncertainty about the Dodgers' long-term commitment to him -- Mattingly has worked under two ownership groups and two general managers -- he informed the team earlier this week that he preferred to move on.

"There was great respect from both sides," Mattingly's agent, Ray Schulte, told ESPN's Mark Saxon.

Mattingly met with Dodgers president of baseball operations Andrew Friedman, general manager Farhan Zaidi and senior vice president of baseball operations Josh Byrnes for several days after the conclusion of the season.
    rest - http://espn.go.com/losangeles/mlb/st...s-parting-ways

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I wonder if he's a fan of the Rockie Mountains? When I was a kid Don Mattingly wasn't favorite baseball player by a wide margin.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

good for the team and him... too much money spent to be bowing out that early each season

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    good for the team and him... too much money spent to be bowing out that early each season
    I would only agree with this if there was evidence that his decisions only lost them games in the playoffs.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    Feel a tiny bit bad for him as I think that for all their payroll, they had a shit bullpen and pretty poor roster construction. But only a tiny bit because **** the Dodgers and everything associated with them.

6. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    I would only agree with this if there was evidence that his decisions only lost them games in the playoffs.
    WTF? where did I blame Mattingly for them losing in the playoffs? I simply said it is good for both him and the team to part ways. LMAO talk about reading too much into a statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information