Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Shane Ray happy with increased opportunities with Broncos

Nobody in there right minds going to turn down a top 5 talent for a maybe in the 2nd or 3rd. Smh. Your just doing more of your pandering and excuses for manning crying about the o line. Online won't fix manning dead arm. Should a drafted a arm for manning.

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    Love the Ray pick. Shows that you don't force a pick based on need but grab a quality player for future of team. Ray will be a starter, question is how long Ware will be around for.
    Exactly, that's what Seattle did a few years ago with the kid from West Virginia. He platooned in their Nascar package, and was starting by year two. Picking Ray was a great move, opposed to reaching for someone based on a need.

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Default No, I think all first rounders are immediate starTERS

Quote Originally Posted by Yashahla17 View Post
    Dude your making shit up. You think all first rounders are immediate stars when that's just false. Damn near 80% of first round picks don't do a thing in there rookie years. Takes many of them at least a couple years. And even then Damn near half are bust. So what are you talking about.
    Even "developmental" QUARTERBACKS don't go in the 1st. You show me a guy drafted in the 1st round who's not starting by seasons end and I'll show you a guy with a lot of "bust" talk swirling around him; Ray'll probably be the exception simply because it's hard to crack the starting lineup behind a couple All Pros, but that's the ONLY reason. If "near half are busts" (I'd like to see some stats on 50% of 1st rounders busting) why would a team spend a 1st round pick to BACK UP a full set of All Pros when the guy's likely as not a bust anyway, especially when we had NOTHING BUT AIR at RT?

Dude they had clady.
    They only had ONE of him though, and TWO starting OT spots, without even a decent BACKUP for the second. Then Clady got hurt and they suddenly had NOTHING. Except a 3rd OLB.

Drafted sambrello.
    Yeah: In the SECOND round, and 59th overall, after EIGHT other OTs: Do you honestly think the drafts 9th best OT good enough to start immediately? Hasn't looked it so far. Oh, and that "reach" you mentioned earlier? A lot of analysts say that's SAMBRAILO, claiming he only went as high as he did because his talents fit the ZBS and he can be coached up. That'd be great: If we could wait a few years instead of STARTING him as the blindside protector of a 39-year-old immobile QB with two fused vertebrae.

Drafted max Garcia.
    In the 4TH SUPPLEMENTAL round (133rd overall,) and he's not an OT regardless, but a C; he couldn't keep Shane Ray away from a QB, let alone DeMarcus Ware or Von Miller.

Signed Vasquez a year ago.
    Two years ago, and it was a great signing, but, like Clady, there's only ONE of him and, like Garcia, he doesn't play OT (except when TOTAL LACK of legit OTs forces him to play out of position, and badly.)

Signed Mathis.
    Not before the draft they didn't, and he doesn't play outside either.

The o line has been addressed. The talent is young. If you think there was a better player at 22 than a top 5 pick had he not got busted for his friends weed then your tripping lol. Makes absolutely no sense. Top 5 talent vs reaching on a development o line men? Sheesh I'm glad your not making the calls.
    Who (apart from you) said anything about "reaching on a development o line men"? Just among OTs, they were TWO OF THE TOP FIVE picks, and, while those were obviously out of our reach at #23 (unless we spent a lot to trade up) many people here were screaming for Ogbuehi (taken 2 picks before we took Ray) and Humphries (taken IMMEDIATELY after Ray.) Here's NFL.coms scouting report on Humphries: http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profil...ies?id=2552626

Notice there's nothing in there to the effect of "dumb/dependent enough to get busted for week just days before an NFL draft that would've left him and his family set for life." Drafting a potential Maurice Clarett Jr. isn't a "reach"? At a position where we were already stacked, while we had NOTHING at RT, and soon had nothing at EITHER OT spot. As we went into a season with a 39-year-old immobile surgically repaired QB. But hey, we'll have a star OLB in a couple years—or a bust; I'm told it's 50/50, even for guys who weren't already "busted" once.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    Love the Ray pick. Shows that you don't force a pick based on need but grab a quality player for future of team. Ray will be a starter, question is how long Ware will be around for.
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Exactly, that's what Seattle did a few years ago with the kid from West Virginia. He platooned in their Nascar package, and was starting by year two. Picking Ray was a great move, opposed to reaching for someone based on a need.
    If that's Bruce Irvin, Seattle was rebuilding its LB corps, so didn't have a couple All Pros: They had a second year starter (K.J. Wright) and a mediocre guy in his last NFL season (LeRoy Hill.) Irvin started most of the next season, and Ray would likely do the same IF Ware retires like Hill did, but that's about the ONLY way it'll happen. Seattle also had two starting OTs in place (one of whom had his only Pro Bowl season the same year they drafted Irvin.) Seattle didn't stockpile yet another elite LB in Irvin: They filled a serious need with a quality player.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Nobody in there right minds going to turn down a top 5 talent for a maybe in the 2nd or 3rd. Smh. Your just doing more of your pandering and excuses for manning crying about the o line. Online won't fix manning dead arm. Should a drafted a arm for manning.
    You're new here, so don't know I've been screaming about our awful line since before we HAD Manning. In fact, from the moment we signed him I said he couldn't win SBs single-handedly (I believe my exact words were "he's got 2 or MAYBE 3 years before he retires or makes us all wish he had") and we didn't have a championship TEAM to put around him: Guess what was my Exhibit A. I also said when he proved too human to be a one-man offense everyone cheering for the signing and pre-ordering their 2012 SB tickets would call him a choking bum in 2015; was I wrong?

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    You're new here, so don't know I've been screaming about our awful line since before we HAD Manning. In fact, from the moment we signed him I said he couldn't win SBs single-handedly (I believe my exact words were "he's got 2 or MAYBE 3 years before he retires or makes us all wish he had") and we didn't have a championship TEAM to put around him: Guess what was my Exhibit A. I also said when he proved too human to be a one-man offense everyone cheering for the signing and pre-ordering their 2012 SB tickets would call him a choking bum in 2015; was I wrong?
    Say what? Manning, a choking bum? Says who?

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Dzone View Post
    Say what? Manning, a choking bum? Says who?
    The only one calling him a choking bum is Joel.

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    The only one calling him a choking bum is Joel.
    Right; all the "best regular season QB" and "can't win in January with Manning throwing 50 times/game, and haven't" talk is stuff I, alone, invented last week.

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Dude they had clady. Drafted sambrello. Drafted max Garcia. Signed Vasquez a year ago. Signed Mathis. The o line has been addressed. The talent is young. If you think there was a better player at 22 than a top 5 pick had he not got busted for his friends weed then your tripping lol. Makes absolutely no sense. Top 5 talent vs reaching on a development o line men? Sheesh I'm glad your not making the calls.
    I'm even more glad you are not either.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Canmore View Post
    I'm even more glad you are not either.
    Yeah I bet because your Sig would be finished just like manning.

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Yeah I bet because your Sig would be finished just like manning.
    Clever. I'm in awe of your posts. What words of wisdom come next.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

14. The Following User High Fived Canmore For This Post:

SR

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information