Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Shane Ray happy with increased opportunities with Broncos

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Shane Ray happy with increased opportunities with Broncos

Rookies are expected to struggle in the NFL as they adjust to the pro game. Well, linebacker Shane Ray didn't quite get that luxury. With a defense as talented as the Broncos, if you don't play well, you don't play.

When he walks on the field on Sunday, he doesn't consider himself a rookie.

"That tag is taken away when you're thrown in the fire and your teammates expect a lot of you," Ray said. "I can't make an excuse if I mess up and say, "Oh well, it's because I'm a rookie.' "

Sacks in back-to-back games indicated how well Ray is learning.
    rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...nities-broncos

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Excellent draft choice. Ware won't be around forever and having Ray helps us not miss a beat. Also adds in great rotation when needed.

Would love to see Miller, Ray and Ware all in at the same time alot more.

#unstoppable
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Perfect fit for this system. Will replace Ware eventually.

Shawn merriman without the steroids.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I think it's possible for him to have between 8 and 10 sacks this year barring anything unforeseeable.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

You know what's cool is Miller and Ware can both be off the field at the same freaking time and we still have a fierce pass rush with Barrett and Ray.
    Last edited by TXBRONC; 10-14-2015 at 05:52 PM.

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    You know what's cool is Miller and Ware can't both be off the field at the same freaking time and we still have a fierce pass rush with Barrett and Ray.
    I think you meant can but yeah our backups are still among the leagues best. Even our middle linebackers are good too. Remember Elway talking about trading 1 or 2? I fully believe we could trade one before the deadline if not then this coming offseason we could. I think teams that need help are looking at our defense roster.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

10. The Following User High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    I think you meant can but yeah our backups are still among the leagues best. Even our middle linebackers are good too. Remember Elway talking about trading 1 or 2? I fully believe we could trade one before the deadline if not then this coming offseason we could. I think teams that need help are looking at our defense roster.
    Thanks for catching that for me Den.

I don't remember Elway saying that. I'm not saying he didn't say it I'm just drawing a complete blank.

Ray's done well, but I still wish our first pick had been an NFL-ready starting OT like I wanted, not an elite BACKUP LB. First round picks are for immediate starters, not someone to spell All Pros in the hopes they might BECOME an All Pro—in 2-3 years. If we do a trade, I hope it's for a player (about the only way to get any value trading players of ones own.) I doubt Houston would let Kubiak have Duane Brown back in exchange for Barrett and Latimer though.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Thanks for catching that for me Den.

I don't remember Elway saying that. I'm not saying he didn't say it I'm just drawing a complete blank.

Apparently he said it on an episode of Hard knocks or something. I took major shit for it because I too did not watch the episode and was commenting on Elways comments, that apparently the whole world knew about.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

14. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Apparently he said it on an episode of Hard knocks or something. I took major shit for it because I too did not watch the episode and was commenting on Elways comments, that apparently the whole world knew about.
    I would having a hard time seeing Elway trading away his top pick in this draft. Denver would still have plenty of depth if Elway traded Barrett and other player but who can he get at this late date without getting fleeced?
    Last edited by TXBRONC; 10-15-2015 at 02:02 PM.

I would having a hard time seeing Elway trading away his top pick in this draft.
    I think speculation was Trevathan might have been on the block. But Elway might have just been saying that because he wanted the pick not a player in return.
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

17. The Following User High Fived tomjonesrocks For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    I think speculation was Trevathan might have been on the block. But Elway might have just been saying that because he wanted the pick not a player in return.
    Ok. From how this conversation was I thought people were meaning Ray or Barrett. Like I said it didn't seem likely that he would trade away Ray. Trevathan or Barrett would make sense because both of those guy could start for most teams.

I don't think Elway suggested he wanted to trade a lb. The other GM (probably Rick Smith) was likely telling Elway on the other end of the phone they had depth at LB, and Elway replied we had good depth at LB too.

I never took it to mean Elway was shopping one of our backers.

20. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    Ray's done well, but I still wish our first pick had been an NFL-ready starting OT like I wanted, not an elite BACKUP LB. First round picks are for immediate starters, not someone to spell All Pros in the hopes they might BECOME an All Pro—in 2-3 years. If we do a trade, I hope it's for a player (about the only way to get any value trading players of ones own.) I doubt Houston would let Kubiak have Duane Brown back in exchange for Barrett and Latimer though.
    The Ray pick looks like a good one by John. What about trading Clark for a 7th rounder? He was an NFL ready starting OT compared to any tackle on the roster at this point.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information