Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Peyton Manning is PLAYING POSSUM!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

I read that this morning and wanted to slap Kiz. Because of this thread.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

Quote Originally Posted by BronColt View Post
    VERNON DAVIS - WEAPON X

We've got the 2nd highest scoring playoff Tight End sitting on the bench waiting to surprise the Patriots, then the Panthers.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2016/1/1...uchdown-record

I want some of whatever you're smoking - cuz that **** must be good -
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    More Americans have been killed by New England Patriots players than by Ebola.

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived OB For This Post:

H ope Peyton stops playing possum soon.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    H ope Peyton stops playing possum soon.
    He did. Only problem was it rubbed off on everyone's hands.

shane and broncolt are the same person... or they share a brain

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

I'm surprised Joel isn't on the "we shoudl be using Vernon more" picket line.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

I think Verdon Davis is having issues with offense. He also is not trying 100% hence the drops.

He is all about his logo and a chance to get hurt could harm that and his stock value.

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    I think Verdon Davis is having issues with offense. He also is not trying 100% hence the drops. He is all about his logo and a chance to get hurt could harm that and his stock value.
    I don't know why the Broncos are so pissed about his drops they're permabenching him when it's something a lot of guys are struggling with.

He was getting open.
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    I don't know why the Broncos are so pissed about his drops they're permabenching him when it's something a lot of guys are struggling with.

He was getting open.
    I, personally, wouldn't be surprised to see Vernon get used a lot this game and be our "secret weapon" or something like that. I mean, I wouldn't be shocked if he only gets three or four snaps, but I wouldn't be surprised if he has 100 yards and two TDs either.

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    I, personally, wouldn't be surprised to see Vernon get used a lot this game and be our "secret weapon" or something like that. I mean, I wouldn't be shocked if he only gets three or four snaps, but I wouldn't be surprised if he has 100 yards and two TDs either.
    I really agree with this. We are short weapons and especially red zone weapons...we have Vernon Davis and by now he should understand the playbook.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Canmore View Post
    I really agree with this. We are short weapons and especially red zone weapons...we have Vernon Davis and by now he should understand the playbook.
    And so his patience is keeping him balanced as he prepares for when he is called upon in the game.

"We have to be patient and we have to know that no matter what goes on in our life, when there's adversity and when things don't seem to work, you have to continue to fight and keep working even harder, and that's one thing I learned along my career. That's when you're supposed to work even harder, and that's what I've been doing. I've been studying and catching extra balls and just taking it to that next level, because you never know when your time is going to come."

http://m.denverbroncos.com/s/30843/e...50715311423610

Vernon Davis....is also....PLAYING POSSUM

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    I'm surprised Joel isn't on the "we shoudl be using Vernon more" picket line.
    Well, I largely ignored this thread 'cause it looked (and looks) like just more online cheerleading, but basically the first part of what NightTerror said:

It's a complex offense, Davis spent the offseason first half of the regular season learning a different one, within a month of the trade he was practicing with a different QB, and two weeks ago he went back to practicing with the first one again. That's a lot of novelty and volatility, when we need consistency and certainty in the playoffs. Unless he completely falls apart, I expect Kubiak to keep going back to Daniels a lot, because Kubes knows him and Daniels knows the playbook.

All that said, I really hope Davis has found his groove, or does so soon, because he's as much an elite blocker AND receiver as Daniels, but a LOT faster; in an offense that relies on heavily on BOTH halves of what makes a TE, he could be Gronkesque. But if he wants a big payday next year—from ANYONE—the time to step us is now or never. He got traded for a pair of bottlecaps, turns 32 in a week, and had a crappy season with AT MOST 2 games left. Bad time to start his offseason.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

For what it's worth, Kubiak said Wednesday that we'll use Davis this week, so it's up to him to give us a reason to pay him millions the next couple years instead of waving goodbye while we develop Virgil Green. Since Green's on the short list of guys under contract, and has shown blocking and receiving promise, I suspect he'll be our long term answer regardless, but if Davis comes alive and wins us a Conference Championship, then a SB, I could see him getting a decent reward for that.

The reality is we're ONE game away from a chance at something countless HoF players spend CAREERS never SNIFFING; the ultimate football achievement that, rightly or wrongly, forever separates the "very good" from the "best ever" in the minds of most fans. Either we realize that and respond or not. NE* certainly will.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

16. The Following User High Fived Joel For This Post:

0 TDs in the playoffs.

9 TDs and 17 INTs regular season.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Gronk Spike View Post
    0 TDs in the playoffs. 9 TDs and 17 INTs regular season.
    And the same amount of wins in the playoffs this season as Tom Brady.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information