Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Remember Waaaay Back (i.e Last MONTH) When It Was All "Let Peyton Be Peyton"?

Default Remember Waaaay Back (i.e Last MONTH) When It Was All "Let Peyton Be Peyton"?

We've got a few dozen threads demanding we bench/cut/execute Peyton for NOT being what fans define as "Peyton." There's more maintaining the annual tradition of saying our current starting RB is so slow, fragile and unable to find holes we must bench him, as when he GOT the starting job because the last guy was slow, fragile and unable to find holes. I felt we needed at least one on the real problem:

THE "OFFENSIVE LINE"

New coach, complex new system, all of ONE returning starter (which, for cooperation and coordination, is as good as NONE) and TWO starters getting the first NFL snaps of their CAREERS.

Forget about Manning, Oz, Tebow, Rodgers or ANYONE passing well behind THAT, and Anderson, Hillman, Thompson or Barry Sanders running well behind it. If anyone wants to see Oz turned into the next panicky erratic David Carr permanently scared of his own shadow, or Hillman become the next limp-kneed plodding Willis McGahee, by all means, let's rush them out there to be pummelled right now. Otherwise, be glad we have a first ballot HoF QB to make the best of a Swiss cheese line that's been hopeless for at least half a decade, and grateful we have coaches who can (eventually) fix it.
    Last edited by Joel; 10-12-2015 at 07:32 PM.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived Joel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Ware-Wolfe

...but, but, but teams are stacking the line of scrimmage because Manning's noodle are can't throw down field.
    In Elway We Trust

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyHorse View Post
    ...but, but, but teams are stacking the line of scrimmage because Manning's noodle are can't throw down field.
    Yeah, just as they did when his noodle arm threw 55 TDs in 2013 but we only averaged more than 11 other teams on the ground. Probably because Moreno was slow, danced too much, couldn't find holes and was made of porcelain, just like Henry, Buckhalter, McGahee, Hillman, Ball, Anderson and whatever poor dumb SOB gets that thankless job next. If only we let Peyton be Peyton....
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

I don't think this is as much of an either/or argument as you are making it (and not just you - all the anti-Manning threads suffer from the same basic issue. I haven't even looked in the Tebow thread). Manning has unquestionably declined this year. Our o-line is not good. Chicken, egg, whatever. There is no one simple fix for any of this right now. I will say that if the line improves, that might help Manning's confidence and make him make better decisions when he's not afraid of being destroyed. That is something that MAY come with time during this season and in the meantime, I'll take being 5-0 and dealing with this problem.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

I almost feel guilty that I'm enjoying this season way more than most.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

7. The Following 3 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    I almost feel guilty that I'm enjoying this season way more than most.
    I'm loving it to. I just find the offense to be painful to watch. I keep waiting for Manning to turn back the clock, but it hasn't happened , yet.

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    I don't think this is as much of an either/or argument as you are making it (and not just you - all the anti-Manning threads suffer from the same basic issue. I haven't even looked in the Tebow thread). Manning has unquestionably declined this year. Our o-line is not good. Chicken, egg, whatever. There is no one simple fix for any of this right now. I will say that if the line improves, that might help Manning's confidence and make him make better decisions when he's not afraid of being destroyed. That is something that MAY come with time during this season and in the meantime, I'll take being 5-0 and dealing with this problem.
    Thank you. The either/or argument grows tiresome.

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    Yeah, just as they did when his noodle arm threw 55 TDs in 2013 but we only averaged more than 11 other teams on the ground. Probably because Moreno was slow, danced too much, couldn't find holes and was made of porcelain, just like Henry, Buckhalter, McGahee, Hillman, Ball, Anderson and whatever poor dumb SOB gets that thankless job next. If only we let Peyton be Peyton....
    What are you talking about Joel? Manning consistently faced 6 man boxes the year he threw 55 touchdowns. That's a nickel defense. It in no way qualifies as 'stacking the box'. It's quite the opposite in fact.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I'm loving it to. I just find the offense to be painful to watch. I keep waiting for Manning to turn back the clock, but it hasn't happened , yet.
    I think those things too.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    They absolutely were not "stacking the box" when we had DT, Decker, Welker, and JT. I just don't get how you don't know how wrong you are on this.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

My real joy will start when manning is finished at qb via benching. But injury which is certain to happen will come first since elway dont have the guts. Our oline going forward into next year or late in the year once we get garcia sambrello vasquez and schofield reps together the oline will be fine. But mannings arm wont.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    They absolutely were not "stacking the box" when we had DT, Decker, Welker, and JT. I just don't get how you don't know how wrong you are on this.
    Nobody stacked the box because they'd get there ass burned deep consistently. Manning would constantly hit the 35-49 yard stuff. He cant do it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Yashahla17 View Post
    Nobody stacked the box because they'd get there ass burned deep consistently. Manning would constantly hit the 35-49 yard stuff. He cant do it anymore.
    Don't say that. It's grounds for treason.

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

35-40 yard stuff. Didnt want to make it seem like manning had the 50 yard canon like some qbs. But hed burn teams ass for 35-40 yard accurate throws consistently. It was almost effortless. But its over.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Manning makes life miserable for an already bad o-line because we can't move the pocket with him, can't run misdirection, can't evade the pass rush, can't run plays from under center, can't run bootlegs, etc. The o-line is essentially playing with one arm behind their backs from the start. Then you layer in the fact that teams aren't afraid of him beating them deep, and it becomes virtually impossible to have an effective gameplan with this offense as currently designed.

20. The Following 4 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information