Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Remember Waaaay Back (i.e Last MONTH) When It Was All "Let Peyton Be Peyton"?

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    I disagree I think he lost accuracy on the deep ball, he does not have touch on them anymore.

Look at his face this season when he throws, he is putting everything he has on those passes. Every single game he is throwing with all he has on each pass. Like he is trying to prove something. His arm can't handle that all season.
    What a bunch of B.S. He's been doing that for years now. Go back and look at the replays of almost every Int he's thrown in the last 4 years. He has to step into every throw. If he can't he throws erratically and badly. Worse, when he gets pressure in his face and has to throw quickly and without being able to step into his throw, he's not only making bad throws, he's making bad decisions.

Go back and look at the games I mentioned and you'll see the same crap he was doing in the Super-Bowl. Like when he's looking right at a receiver the entire play so the DB knows exactly where he's going to throw, and then undercuts the route and picks him off. That's the kind of mistake you see rookies make, so why is Peyton still doing it in his 18th season?

Because he doesn't have time to look the DB off his receiver. Why? Because he hasn't had a strong arm his entire time in Denver, and his OL isn't blocking long enough that's why!

You people keep judging by results instead of looking at the PROCESS that leads to those results. Peyton is throwing more picks so people keep saying "his arm is shot! Put in Brock!" when it's demonstrably the same noodle arm he's had for years.

It's not as if he has a GOOD pass-blocking OL and then he's still throwing incomprehensible picks. That would prove your point, but it isn't happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Oh, im not butthurt fantasy wise. My wife is though as she took him. I passed and took Rodgers and Brady.
    You do realize that if you laugh at her and continue to rub it in that's grounds for divorce?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    You do realize that if you laugh at her and continue to rub it in that's grounds for divorce?
    Nah, she gives me shit just like i give it to her. But, i think she is benching him this week to go with Eli. She tried to stick with Peyton as long as she could but he just isnt putting up the numbers. But like me she is happy we are 5-0 so we have that going for us.

Here's something to console all the whiners for when the team starts losing -- and the OL is still a hot mess and they STILL won't "put in Brock!" no matter how loudly the idiots yell:

It just doesn't matter. "10-6 and get into the playoffs and anything can happen." -- Mike Shanahan.

3 of the last 5 SB champions were 10-6 #6 seed (Packers), 9-7 #4 seed Giants, and 10-6 #6 seed Ravens.

The Giants were a hot mess for most of the 2011 season. They were 8-7 entering the last week and had to win a "playoff" game against the Cowboys before they could even get to the playoffs; then they had to win 4 straight to win the SB. The 2012 Ravens started the season 9-2, then fell completely apart and were demolished by the Broncos 34-17 in week 15. They lost 4 out of their last 5 games and totally backed into the playoffs.

It mattered nothing. They put it together in the post-season and won the SB.

The ugly secret of the NFL is that the regular season doesn't matter any more. Just get in the playoffs any old way. Then the team that can get hot at the right time usually wins. And you can't hope to tell what team that will be by what they do in October.

The Patriots look unstoppable right now and are totally crushing teams. But, they were favored by about 17 points at home in the AFC Championship game against the Ravens in 2012 and got blown out by 15 points. Appearances can be deceiving.
    Last edited by Cugel; 10-13-2015 at 07:32 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Nah, she gives me shit just like i give it to her. But, i think she is benching him this week to go with Eli. She tried to stick with Peyton as long as she could but he just isnt putting up the numbers. But like me she is happy we are 5-0 so we have that going for us.
    I would rather play Brian Hoyer over Peyton Manning at this point. How ******* sad is that?!
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

6. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by SR View Post
    I would rather play Brian Hoyer over Peyton Manning at this point. How ******* sad is that?!
    I don't know you anymore!!!!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post

What a bunch of B.S. He's been doing that for years now. Go back and look at the replays of almost every Int he's thrown in the last 4 years. He has to step into every throw. If he can't he throws erratically and badly. Worse, when he gets pressure in his face and has to throw quickly and without being able to step into his throw, he's not only making bad throws, he's making bad decisions.

Go back and look at the games I mentioned and you'll see the same crap he was doing in the Super-Bowl. Like when he's looking right at a receiver the entire play so the DB knows exactly where he's going to throw, and then undercuts the route and picks him off. That's the kind of mistake you see rookies make, so why is Peyton still doing it in his 18th season?

Because he doesn't have time to look the DB off his receiver. Why? Because he hasn't had a strong arm his entire time in Denver, and his OL isn't blocking long enough that's why!

You people keep judging by results instead of looking at the PROCESS that leads to those results. Peyton is throwing more picks so people keep saying "his arm is shot! Put in Brock!" when it's demonstrably the same noodle arm he's had for years.

It's not as if he has a GOOD pass-blocking OL and then he's still throwing incomprehensible picks. That would prove your point, but it isn't happening.
    TLDR

Clean pockets he I still throwing INTs.

Woodson says Hi.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    TLDR

Clean pockets he I still throwing INTs.

Woodson says Hi.

It's frustrating to watch Manning struggle. I keep thinking he's going to turn it around every week but so far he hasn't had one clean game.

the biggest indication to me about his lack of arm strength is the deep ball. He can't launch them with LOFT anymore, which is why its been harder to connect. They don't loft over the defender and allow the WR to run under the ball. They have to go at a much flatter trajectory to go the same distance... making it much harder to connect and catch. Also much harder to get OVER the defender. Which then makes that int with DT on the sideline that much weirder, because it had MUCH more loft on it than we've seen on any other pass ths year. It was late, and high loft. Which isn't what we would see from Manning, even this year.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    the biggest indication to me about his lack of arm strength is the deep ball. He can't launch them with LOFT anymore, which is why its been harder to connect. They don't loft over the defender and allow the WR to run under the ball. They have to go at a much flatter trajectory to go the same distance... making it much harder to connect and catch. Also much harder to get OVER the defender. Which then makes that int with DT on the sideline that much weirder, because it had MUCH more loft on it than we've seen on any other pass ths year. It was late, and high loft. Which isn't what we would see from Manning, even this year.
    Well, it was only about 30 yards, for whatever that's worth.

The point of this thread is we started the season pushing the run game and it failed because our line sucks, so everyone blamed our "awful" RBs and coaches: "Let Peyton" channel his inner Daryle Lamonica. Well, we DID, but since our line's STILL crap he's more "mad" than "bomber," so now everyone blames our "awful" QB for being "unable" to throw deep, as they DEMANDED a month ago.

At least PRETEND to have an attention span longer than a goldfish, folks, and occasionally focus on someone other than the guy whose jersey you're wearing. I'll address individual replies when I have more time.
    Last edited by Joel; 10-15-2015 at 02:52 AM.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    The point of this thread is we started the season pushing the run game and it failed because our line sucks, so everyone blamed our "awful" RBs and coaches: "Let Peyton" channel his inner Daryle Lamonica. Well, we DID, but since our line's STILL crap he's more "mad" than "bomber," so now everyone blames our "awful" QB for being "unable" to throw deep, as they DEMANDED a month ago.

At least PRETEND to have an attention span longer than a goldfish, folks, and maybe occasionally take a close look at someone other than the guy whose jesery you're wearing.
    I'm wearing Champ Bailey's.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Canmore View Post
    I'm wearing Champ Bailey's.
    Guy can't even throw 10 yds; we should totally cut him.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

16. The Following User High Fived Joel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    Guy can't even throw 10 yds; we should totally cut him.
    There you have it.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information