Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Practice / press conference notes - week 6 (Browns week)

Default Practice / press conference notes - week 6 (Browns week)

Figured I'd get this going now even though there won't be a lot of content until Wednesday. However, there were a couple of notes about the Browns that might be relevant for our game:

Mary Kay Cabot ‏@MaryKayCabot 19m19 minutes ago

#Browns Joe Haden expected to sit out vs. 5-0 #Broncos with concussion

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 2h2 hours ago

Blake Bortles sprained his throwing shoulder and is uncertain for Sunday vs. Hou.

Josh McCown sprained his ankle. Hopeful for Sun vs. Den.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Figured I'd get this going now even though there won't be a lot of content until Wednesday. However, there were a couple of notes about the Browns that might be relevant for our game:

Mary Kay Cabot ‏@MaryKayCabot 19m19 minutes ago

#Browns Joe Haden expected to sit out vs. 5-0 #Broncos with concussion

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 2h2 hours ago

Blake Bortles sprained his throwing shoulder and is uncertain for Sunday vs. Hou.

Josh McCown sprained his ankle. Hopeful for Sun vs. Den.
    The wont need Haden. Oakland didn't have their best corner this last weekend.

We might need two defensive touchdowns this week.

The Johnny Manziel circus has arrived in town.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    The wont need Haden. Oakland didn't have their best corner this last weekend.

We might need two defensive touchdowns this week.
    Tramon Williams isn't a bad CB either, but I'm more concerned about a 3-4 with several good LBs when our line rarely blocks 4 with 5 straight up, but disintegrates vs. the most basic stunts, delayed blitzes and other disguised change ups. Their youth and lack of coordination with each other shows, and is exploited, far too often. Also why they can't cooperate in all the subtle collective maneuver integral to the ZBS.

Hopefully two regular season months is enough to get them all on the same page before the NFLs most solid team arrives right after the bye, but that's doubtful. They just self-evidently have too far to go, and Sambrailo and Harris' injuries only set back group development with yet another green player at RT and another new roster addition at LT. It's slightly improved inside, but only relatively; it's not good nor even adequate anywhere. The D can't keep bailing us out with turnovers to keep it close and erase deficits, then more to ice wins; they'll wear down, and (more) people on both sides of the ball will get hurt.

The best I can say is that we had a fairly soft start, but with lots of good pass rushers for Sambrailo and Paradis to experience first hand, then a relatively early bye to digest it all. But after that, it's GB immediately, and later on Cincy and Buffalos D, *E and Pitt, plus 4 more division games. At least half our road games are done and won; the line won't have to deal with crowd noise much more.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Quote Originally Posted by TimHippo View Post
    The Johnny Manziel circus has arrived in town.
    Should we start taking up a collection for another billboard?
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

If we can't run on the Browns then we can't run on anyone. 120 yards for Forsett Sunday.

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    Tramon Williams isn't a bad CB either, but I'm more concerned about a 3-4 with several good LBs when our line rarely blocks 4 with 5 straight up, but disintegrates vs. the most basic stunts, delayed blitzes and other disguised change ups. Their youth and lack of coordination with each other shows, and is exploited, far too often. Also why they can't cooperate in all the subtle collective maneuver integral to the ZBS.

Hopefully two regular season months is enough to get them all on the same page before the NFLs most solid team arrives right after the bye, but that's doubtful. They just self-evidently have too far to go, and Sambrailo and Harris' injuries only set back group development with yet another green player at RT and another new roster addition at LT. It's slightly improved inside, but only relatively; it's not good nor even adequate anywhere. The D can't keep bailing us out with turnovers to keep it close and erase deficits, then more to ice wins; they'll wear down, and (more) people on both sides of the ball will get hurt.

The best I can say is that we had a fairly soft start, but with lots of good pass rushers for Sambrailo and Paradis to experience first hand, then a relatively early bye to digest it all. But after that, it's GB immediately, and later on Cincy and Buffalos D, *E and Pitt, plus 4 more division games. At least half our road games are done and won; the line won't have to deal with crowd noise much more.
    One OLINE has done fine against 3-4 man rushes. It's the blitzs they can't pick up, and Manning is the most blitzed QB

Quote Originally Posted by WJK View Post
    If we can't run on the Browns then we can't run on anyone. 120 yards for Forsett Sunday.
    I just looked up their team stats - they are 31st against the run, averaging 149.4 yards allowed. Ouch. Only Miami is worse so far. Then again, Detroit and Minnesota are 25th and 26th against the run, so ...

Here's an interesting little fact that might come into play in this game - the Browns are third in the league at converting third downs (48%, behind only the Patriots and Falcons). The Broncos are first in lowest third down percentage allowed (29.7%). Who knew the Browns were so efficient this year? If we can rattle them, especially on third downs, that would go a long way to deciding this game.

11. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 17m17 minutes ago

Broncos announce they have waived Mitchell Henry and signed TE Richard Gordon.

This week's TV maps are up, for our out of market fans:

http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2015&wk=6

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 13m13 minutes ago

#Broncos Ty Sambrailo returns to practice

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 10m10 minutes ago

Not practicing today, but out here: Talib, Thompson, Mathis, Vasquez, Daniels, D.Thomas. Ware and Bruton aren't practicing, either.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 5m5 minutes ago

Manning participated in some throwing drills during open viewing basis But just made a handful of throws per his usual Wednesday routine

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 17s17 seconds ago

#Broncos Ware not at practice. He's not expected to play this week. Wouldn't make much sense if not 100 percent. Give this week and bye week

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 13m13 minutes ago

#Broncos Ty Sambrailo returns to practice

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 10m10 minutes ago

Not practicing today, but out here: Talib, Thompson, Mathis, Vasquez, Daniels, D.Thomas. Ware and Bruton aren't practicing, either.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 5m5 minutes ago

Manning participated in some throwing drills during open viewing basis But just made a handful of throws per his usual Wednesday routine

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 17s17 seconds ago

#Broncos Ware not at practice. He's not expected to play this week. Wouldn't make much sense if not 100 percent. Give this week and bye week
    Is Harris injured?

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 8m8 minutes ago

Kubiak said DeMarcus Ware looked "really good" today. Said he's day to day but bye week could factor into decision.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 4m4 minutes ago

Kubiak said offensive issues are on him. Blames himself. Said have to run ball better and get into more manageable third downs. #Broncos

Denver Broncos ‏@Broncos 6m6 minutes ago

Kubiak: "I see us, as a group, having to play consistent; play better. ... Not about one guy. It's about the football team." #DENvsCLE

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 44s44 seconds ago

Kubiak said if Ty Sambrailo plays Sunday he will be in a platoon role getting back to action. Said tmrw's pad practice will have big impact.

Mary Kay Cabot ‏@MaryKayCabot 10m10 minutes ago

Former #Browns and current #Broncos safety T.J. Ward: "I didn't feel like I was welcome back"

Mary Kay Cabot ‏@MaryKayCabot 3m3 minutes ago

#Broncos safety T.J. Ward acknowledged that he was upset when #Browns let him walk: "I think a lot of guys were''

Mary Kay Cabot ‏@MaryKayCabot 6m6 minutes ago

#Broncos TJ Ward: "I know there will be some boos when I start making plays"

18. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information