Thread: I miss Kick Off returns.

Default I miss Kick Off returns.

Used to be one of the most exciting plays in football...especially in a tight game. How many times have you stood up.. JUMPED up...because of an incredible KO return at the tight point of a close game? We don't have that anymore. KO returns have become a rarity, and the NFL trying to give the false illusion that they care about health, has taken away from the sport. It's sad, really how boring the game has become by removing something so basic.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

2. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I remember the days when it would be a weekly occurrence to see someone carried off the field on a stretcher because of the violent (moreso than usual) hits that come from players running full speed at each other with 40 yard head starts and colliding. I am just fine with the trade off of not having as many kickoff returns but not having as many of those types of injuries either.

4. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

I did at first but I don't miss it as much as I thought I would.

6. The Following User High Fived Devilspawn For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Three kickoff return touchdowns this season, on pace for 12 or 13, the same exact number (12) as 2005.

So...
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

8. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Who cares

10. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    Who cares
    Ravage likes to complain about how the NFL is so much softer than it was in the 40s. I bet he hated it when they made players switch from leather helmets.

Reminds me of my brother, who wishes they would use the NFL for an eradication of inmates and deranged lunatics, keeping the game as old school as they want and subjecting the players as property, watching them slowly disintegrate to nothing from the constant head hunting, leading to brain trauma and a hopeful slow and miserable death. That would probably make as much money as the NFL does now.

13. The Following User High Fived silkamilkamonico For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I remember the days when it would be a weekly occurrence to see someone carried off the field on a stretcher because of the violent (moreso than usual) hits that come from players running full speed at each other with 40 yard head starts and colliding. I am just fine with the trade off of not having as many kickoff returns but not having as many of those types of injuries either.
    I knew you would exaggerate with something like t his.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Ravage likes to complain about how the NFL is so much softer than it was in the 40s. I bet he hated it when they made players switch from leather helmets.
    Yeah.. I do hate when people/players are pussies... I dont deny it. Not as much as I disdain the weepy hearts that cry for them, though.

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Three kickoff return touchdowns this season, on pace for 12 or 13, the same exact number (12) as 2005.

So...
    Yeah.. but the number of returns is sooooo small compared. I mean, even the 'chance' of getting a turnover on a kickoff to keep your team alive used to be there. Now, its rare to even have a kickoff return.

The kickoff return was pretty damned exciting. ITs a part of the game that has nearly been removed. THat doesn't bother some, but it certainly takes away from the game as a whole.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Yeah.. but the number of returns is sooooo small compared. I mean, even the 'chance' of getting a turnover on a kickoff to keep your team alive used to be there. Now, its rare to even have a kickoff return.

The kickoff return was pretty damned exciting. ITs a part of the game that has nearly been removed. THat doesn't bother some, but it certainly takes away from the game as a whole.
    Boo freaking hoo. If you hate it so much go put in tapes of games from the 90s and the rest of us will enjoy the games today.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Yeah.. I do hate when people/players are pussies... I dont deny it. Not as much as I disdain the weepy hearts that cry for them, though.
    It's not even about crying/weeping for players. Football is a better game when the best players are healthy. No one wants to watch a bunch of backups playing.

If you want to see kickoff returns, you're following the wroooong team. Maybe try the Saints: They play BELOW sea level.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

I miss KRs too Rav. Don't listen to the haters. We might be in the minority but that was fun football to watch.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

21. The Following User High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information