Page 17 of 104 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015-16 NBA Thread

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I don't even know who Portland's coach is, but I know getting that team to the playoffs after essentially a fire sale was a better coaching job than chilling in the owner's box for half a season.

Same goes for Memphis, injuries and strange trades.
    Portland's coach is Stotts - he came in a distant second to Kerr

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I don't even know who Portland's coach is, but I know getting that team to the playoffs after essentially a fire sale was a better coaching job than chilling in the owner's box for half a season.

Same goes for Memphis, injuries and strange trades.
    Memphis set an nba record this season for most different players to log playing time for a team over the course of a season. I believe the number was 28 players. That means they played the equivalent of two whole rosters worth of players. Joeger did an incredible job to coach that team to the playoffs. By the time the playoffs started Memphis was starting guys like Vince Carter and Chris Andersen. Can't say enough about how good his coaching job was.

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Default Blake Griffin to miss rest of postseason; Chris Paul has surgery on hand

Blake Griffin will miss the remainder of the postseason and Chris Paul will be out indefinitely after having surgery on his hand, the Los Angeles Clippers announced Tuesday.

Griffin aggravated a left quad injury in Game 4 of the team's first-round series against the Portland Trail Blazers on Monday night. An MRI revealed no further structural damage, and the team said he'll be ready for the start of training camp.

Paul, meanwhile, underwent surgery Tuesday morning in Los Angeles to repair a right hand fracture that he suffered in the third quarter of Monday night's game.
    rest - http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2016...geles-clippers

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

so much for the clip-show. . .

6. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

That gives the west some real intrigue.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

8. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

So I guess Golden State can probably just rest Curry until the conference finals now. Don't think they will have much trouble getting past a depleted Clips team or Portland.

I hope my Celtics get past the Hawks. That's been a pretty good series thus far!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    I hope my Celtics get past the Hawks. That's been a pretty good series thus far!
    Kinda seems like past Cleveland, the 2-7 seeds are are basically the same. You can just throw them all in a hat and any of them beat the other.

12. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Kinda seems like past Cleveland, the 2-7 seeds are are basically the same. You can just throw them all in a hat and any of them beat the other.
    I think I agree with this. Boston needs at least another star if they want to break out of that mold.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:

Default Harden, Howard and Rockets face uncertainty

OAKLAND, Calif. -- Before the Houston Rockets lost Game 2 of their first-round playoff series against the Golden State Warriors, James Harden arrived at Oracle Arena in a black SUV with his bodyguard, marketing rep and four friends.

He chose not to ride in either of Houston's two team buses, something he has done all season because he likes to be certain he arrives at a specific time before every game, despite how it might look to observers.

When Harden walked through the arena's metal detectors, he held out his toiletry bag for a security guard and, instead of placing his cellphone into a customary plastic box, he handed it to his own security guard. He didn't wait for his bag to be checked. Harden instead strolled toward the locker room with the knowledge that someone would get his bag and bring his phone to him.

It was such a diva-like arrival to a playoff game, and rather odd given how badly the Rockets need togetherness in a trying season that has seen them underachieve and face criticism that they are not on the same page.
    rest - http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2016...nal-end-season

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

15. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Portland up 3 games to 2 now. Injuries have helped but ill take it.

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Boston just stood up....to get sat back down.

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Portland up 3 games to 2 now. Injuries have helped but ill take it.
    You a blazers fan?

20. The Following User High Fived atwater27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by atwater27 View Post
    You a blazers fan?
    Yes sir, ever since the early nineties when i was watching the team with The Glide, Ainge, Kersey, Robinson, etc. I havent been a avid NBA fan for the last 10-15 years because it isnt as exciting to me as it once was but i still pull for Portland if they do well. Took care of business last night but now to face the Warriors. Maybe Curry will stay seated for this series. lol

22. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Yes sir, ever since the early nineties when i was watching the team with The Glide, Ainge, Kersey, Robinson, etc. I havent been a avid NBA fan for the last 10-15 years because it isnt as exciting to me as it once was but i still pull for Portland if they do well. Took care of business last night but now to face the Warriors. Maybe Curry will stay seated for this series. lol
    Been a lifelong Spurs fan, but the Blazers have grown on me since they got away from their jailblazer ways. They have no business being this far in the playoffs, which is a testament to their coach, their crazy loyal fans (home court advantage, I've been at Moda Center twice this year, it is amazing) and their quick chemistry. Not having Paul and Griffin the last 3 games has alot to do with it, but hey they still won. I hate to say it but the Curryless warriors will beat them soundly. I will be rooting for the upset of course. Until they get to my Spurs. Then the secret affair is over.
    Last edited by atwater27; 04-30-2016 at 12:23 PM.

24. The Following User High Fived atwater27 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information