Page 94 of 104 FirstFirst ... 44 84 92 93 94 95 96 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 1560

Thread: 2015-16 NBA Thread

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    No, no he's not. He has a losing record in the finals. That literally stops him from being the best postseason player ever.
    But but he didnt have good players around him!!!! I think we heard that this year too.

I never thought I would see the day. My 15 year old LOVES basketball. Basketball is for her what football is for me. She loves the Cavs, her favorite player is Kyrie. For a whole series this little one had me actually watching basketball and into it. My 20 year old had 3 of his friends come by last night and here are my daughter and I hooting and hollering at the game. His friends just laughed their asses off that girls were more into the game than them. My girl cried when her team won. And that made momma happy!

3. The Following 4 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

No one says he's not one of the best ever. It's pretty obvious he's not THE best ever, and can't be.
    Boooooom!

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    But to be fair they were also the best 73-9 team ever.
    At least temporally.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Ok well I think you are taking it a bit too far to imply he's not a great player. He set the NBA record for threes in a season last year then shattered his own record this year. He and LeBron, in some order, are still the two best players in basketball and it's a long way back to third.

Now yes, he definitely choked in these finals, but so did LeBron against the Mavs several years back. It happens. I'm not ready to bury Curry yet, but he definitely did lay an egg in these finals.
    I dont know man, someone mentioned earlier last night that the NBA is watered down. I agree with that assessment. What i watched last night was ONE great player surrounded by tons of mediocre players from both teams. Curry might be able to stand out at certain points for his team but that is like comparing Eric Decker to 3rd and 4th string receivers and then calling him great. When Curry had the ball towards the end of the game i never had a sense that he was going to tie it or make a play. When Irving hit his three i knew the game was over and that to me shows that there really isnt a lot of great players in the NBA right now. Its watered down to B league players and Lebron is probably the last of the alltime greats we will ever see for quite some time.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I dont know man, someone mentioned earlier last night that the NBA is watered down. I agree with that assessment. What i watched last night was ONE great player surrounded by tons of mediocre players from both teams. Curry might be able to stand out at certain points for his team but that is like comparing Eric Decker to 3rd and 4th string receivers and then calling him great. When Curry had the ball towards the end of the game i never had a sense that he was going to tie it or make a play. When Irving hit his three i knew the game was over and that to me shows that there really isnt a lot of great players in the NBA right now. Its watered down to B league players and Lebron is probably the last of the alltime greats we will ever see for quite some time.
    I'm sorry North, but I just can't get with you on this one. This is a scorching hot take. But I guess if your measure of a great player is that you have to hit the game winning shot in the Finals, then almost no player will ever be great in your eyes. I guess guys like Karl Malone, John Stockton, and Charles Barkley were bums in your eyes.

Although this still makes no sense in regards to your take on Curry, because he does have a ring from a team on which he was the best player. And he won it way younger than many other all-time greats won their first. There is still a LOT of Curry's book to be written. It's downright silly to bury him already.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Pretty much no on all accounts. Have a nice day, North.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I'm sorry North, but I just can't get with you on this one. This is a scorching hot take. But I guess if your measure of a great player is that you have to hit the game winning shot in the Finals, then almost no player will ever be great in your eyes. I guess guys like Karl Malone, John Stockton, and Charles Barkley were bums in your eyes.

Although this still makes no sense in regards to your take on Curry, because he does have a ring from a team on which he was the best player. And he won it way younger than many other all-time greats won their first. There is still a LOT of Curry's book to be written. It's downright silly to bury him already.
    But thats kind of my point. The Malones, Stocktons, Barkleys, etc are greats and i even said i think the Utah Jazz would of wiped the floor with both these teams. But going back to last year wasnt the Cavs team hit with injuries? Do you think that just maybe that played a factor in why the Warriors won? Wasnt that one of you guys contention as to why they lost last year? You seem to be flip flopping now on why Lebron has not had that much luck in the finals. First it was he didnt have better players around him, then it was the players he did have were hurt. But here we are and they supposedly beat a team that was WAY better than them on paper correct? Isnt that what you guys said after the Warriors were up 3-1? Sorry man, im glad you enjoy the NBA and while i love my Blazers the league in general is just very watered down and boring for me. I dont get excited watching the type of players in the NBA outside of a couple of names (I think 2 have retired this year or last). Your correct, Curry could improve but he didnt just suck in one game in this series dude he stunk it up for most of the series and if you are going to attach his name to being one of the alltime greats than i think that player should show it when it matters. Even guys like Barkley, Stockton, and Malone played like allstars when they lost in the finals. That to me is the biggest difference in the league right now. Maybe a guy like Irving will be one of the new faces (i enjoyed watching him the most last night) but outside of that i really didnt see anyone stand out (Lebron excluded).

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Pretty much no on all accounts. Have a nice day, North.
    Take it easy Mo.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

I have routinely pointed out large flaws in LBJ that have gone ignored and unchallenged. He's still a shitty person, overrated, a crybaby, and a ******* trashbag. I hope he gets dick shingles forever and eats his own poop.
    But thats kind of my point. The Malones, Stocktons, Barkleys, etc are greats and i even said i think the Utah Jazz would of wiped the floor with both these teams. But going back to last year wasnt the Cavs team hit with injuries? Do you think that just maybe that played a factor in why the Warriors won? Wasnt that one of you guys contention as to why they lost last year? You seem to be flip flopping now on why Lebron has not had that much luck in the finals. First it was he didnt have better players around him, then it was the players he did have were hurt. But here we are and they supposedly beat a team that was WAY better than them on paper correct? Isnt that what you guys said after the Warriors were up 3-1? Sorry man, im glad you enjoy the NBA and while i love my Blazers the league in general is just very watered down and boring for me. I dont get excited watching the type of players in the NBA outside of a couple of names (I think 2 have retired this year or last). Your correct, Curry could improve but he didnt just suck in one game in this series dude he stunk it up for most of the series and if you are going to attach his name to being one of the alltime greats than i think that player should show it when it matters. Even guys like Barkley, Stockton, and Malone played like allstars when they lost in the finals. That to me is the biggest difference in the league right now. Maybe a guy like Irving will be one of the new faces (i enjoyed watching him the most last night) but outside of that i really didnt see anyone stand out (Lebron excluded).
    was the water wetter and the sun brighter back in your day, gramps?

13. The Following 5 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    was the water wetter and the sun brighter back in your day, gramps?

Oh, everything was better. You dont know the half of it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Worst 73-9 team ever.
    18-1.

Regular season record means nothing if you don't win it all.

The 72-10 Bulls finished it.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    18-1.

Regular season record means nothing if you don't win it all.

The 72-10 Bulls finished it.
    Yep!

They lost a grand total of 3 games the entire playoffs and championship series.

The western conference is deeper than it ever has been. I don't see how anyone can say the NBA is watered down.

I would go so far as to say the current group of point gaurds is the best the NBA has ever seen, collectively.

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Cancer Diagnosed With Skip Bayless
    http://www.theonion.com/article/canc...-bayless-35368

NEW YORK—Saying that nobody deserves to endure such an atrocious fate, doctors at Mount Sinai Medical Center announced at a press conference Tuesday that they had diagnosed cancer with stage IV Skip Bayless.

Surgical oncologist Dr. Andrew Bergman confirmed that Skip Bayless, one of the most dreaded and abhorrent diseases known to mankind, had metastasized, spreading throughout the malignant neoplasm and causing excruciating pain in the cancerous tissue.

“Realistically, cancer has little hope for survival with Skip Bayless this bad,” said Bergman, predicting that cancer will suffer severe agony brought on by the vociferous affliction that cuts off anyone in its path. “Based upon my professional experience, I’d say Skip Bayless is just about the worst thing you could have to deal with.”

“I wouldn’t wish Skip Bayless on my worst enemy,” Bergman solemnly continued.

According to Bergman’s prognosis, cancer will likely experience fatigue and nausea from Skip Bayless aggressively and rapidly spreading its inane remarks, noting that patients typically report severe shortness of breath as they become more exasperated with the cantankerous growth’s refusal to see logic.

Bergman told reporters that the cancer would continue to waste away, shriveling to a shell of its former self, until it eventually shuts down completely in reaction to the overwhelming smugness of Skip Bayless.

The oncologist confirmed that most Skip Bayless victims usually contract the despicable ailment within the first 15 minutes of televised segments.

“Unfortunately right now there is no cure for Skip Bayless,” said Bergman, adding that while early detection offers some hope for treatment, at this stage nearly 95 percent of patients will lose their battle with the self-satisfied disease. “It resists nearly everything we throw at it. It just continues to attack relentlessly without listening to a single thing. It pains me to say that fighting it is a completely futile effort.”

21. The Following 3 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information