Page 3 of 104 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015-16 NBA Thread

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

In a couple of days, as a Thunder fan, I will know whether it feels better to have Coach Popovich run circles around Scott Brooks, or run circles around Billy Donovan in his first regular season game.

Our season is very dependent on Durant being healthy/remaining healthy, and Donovan figuring out a steep learning curve quickly.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    In a couple of days, as a Thunder fan, I will know whether it feels better to have Coach Popovich run circles around Scott Brooks, or run circles around Billy Donovan in his first regular season game.

Our season is very dependent on Durant being healthy/remaining healthy, and Donovan figuring out a steep learning curve quickly.
    I think for the most part, the best NBA coaches in the regular season manage personalities and minutes and just get the hell out of the way. College coaches, sometimes, aren't used to that. Except maybe Calipari, who's taken that philosophy with him from the pros to Kentucky.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

3. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

MO - what's your expectations for the Nuggets this year?

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I think for the most part, the best NBA coaches in the regular season manage personalities and minutes and just get the hell out of the way. College coaches, sometimes, aren't used to that. Except maybe Calipari, who's taken that philosophy with him from the pros to Kentucky.
    We'll see how the team reacts and Donovan does. We have the talent on the roster.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post

Donovan is already further up the curve than Brooks ever was. The Thunder are too good to not win a title before Durant bolts to Washington.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Nick Collison knows how to throw a party:

http://newsok.com/russell-westbrook-...rticle/5455877

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Just checking in. Does the NBA still suck? Yep. Continue on.

Hi MO.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    MO - what's your expectations for the Nuggets this year?
    They aren't high, but I am excited about the season. The Nuggets have finally turned a page.

I think Mudiay is going to be really good and he's going to be really fun to watch even if he's not as good as I hope he is.

Mike Malone is still willing to run, but he wants to be more efficient. Playing good defense and running when its useful and efficient versus just running for running's sake like George Karl and the previous roster. Hopefully, we won't see the Nuggets chucking up shots early in the shot clock just because "run." I like what I hear, and what he is saying is what Shaw wanted to do to and that wins in the playoffs. Hopefully the players listen this time and with Lawson gone that will likely happen. They just had to get him out of town so Mudiay didn't learn any of his bad habits. Fine player...head is just stuck up his ass.

I hope Gallinari can stay healthy for a year. He, and now Mudiay, would be the one guy who could be a feature player that is on the roster. If you have a pair of feature players who stay healthy, everyone else around them is better and the team wins more games and has a chance in the playoffs. That doesn't happen this year, but I think it could in the next few years.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

10. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Now that they aren't Bobcats anymore, is Charlotte going to play like a real NBA team?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    Now that they aren't Bobcats anymore, is Charlotte going to play like a real NBA team?
    Maybe?

Because the west is so loaded, I don't expect the Nuggets to sniff .500.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Because the west is so loaded, I don't expect the Nuggets to sniff .500.
    That would be a remarkable season, honestly.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I really like the team Minnesota is putting together. They may not be very good this year, either, but they are going to be fun to watch. Rubio and LaVine dishing to Wiggins and Towns. That's going to be entertaining.

As long as Andre ******* Miller doesn't steal too many minutes from Rubio or LaVine.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I really like the team Minnesota is putting together. They may not be very good this year, either, but they are going to be fun to watch. Rubio and LaVine dishing to Wiggins and Towns. That's going to be entertaining.
    My go-to Game Pass team already.

LaVine is fantastic to watch, Towns is off to a great start and Wiggins is a phenomenal talent. He had a spin move tonight against the Trailblazers that was amazing. Consistency will be an issue as it will be with Denver as young as they are.

Unfortunately for them, Damian Lillard happened tonight.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

If the Cavs aren't able to get a ring out of Love, that will wind up being one of the all-time bust trades since they let go of Wiggins.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information