Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Hungry like D-Wolfe

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    Fair enough; after what seems like a lifetime of criticisms for vagueness when unspecific and verbosity when nongeneral, I'm hypersensitive to the Mortons Fork of debate. Rarely in reference to me (oddly enough) but I'm familiar with it, yes. But THIS analysis promotes no paralysis: Anunike already sidelined, and has been since having his knee scoped 1½ months ago after the most recent in a series of knee injuries going back to college; we could put him on IR with no risk of losing his future service to another team, and keep right on going with the more than adequate rotation play of Smith and Walker. Right now that looks like a much safer bet than cutting one of them in hopes Anunike's ready for real games and his knee doesn't buckle (again) by December. If we want to keep them AND Anunike on the 53, we could PS our #3 TE or #3 QB with short term risk and if, heaven forbid, we need one of them long term we can cut Smith/Walker or put Anunike on IR then. Or we could release Doss and count on Bolden to be a 5th CB as well as backup safety and STs player. There are more and better options than cutting Smith/Walker to make room for Wolfes return.
    His current knee injury is not the knee he ****** up in college. And I say ****** up because it was really ****** up.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Quote Originally Posted by SR View Post
    I wouldn't rotate him in on passing downs at all. If I'm the coach, I keep Jackson and Wolfe on the field as much as humanly possible with Walker and Smith coming in to give the other two a break.
    Agreed

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

if sambrailo is healthy enough to play, we probably cut polumbus, or center james ferentz. . . OL scrubs (or one of our warm body TEs) are easier to replace than solid DL depth-- can't get rid of smith, walker or anunike. . .

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    if sambrailo is healthy enough to play, we probably cut polumbus, or center james ferentz. . . OL scrubs (or one of our warm body TEs) are easier to replace than solid DL depth-- can't get rid of smith, walker or anunike. . .
    I would agree with that second part. I don't know who we'll cut, but I doubt it's either Walker or Smith as some have suggested. If Wolfe had been on the roster from week one, I can't envision one of those guys being cut and I don't see any reason to do so now.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 2m2 minutes ago

Kubiak said expects 30-35 plays from Wolfe #Broncos
    That"s what about half the defensive snaps?

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Miller: 'You all are going to see a new Derek Wolfe'

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — In the four weeks to this point, the Broncos defense has established itself as not only a unit to be respected, but to be feared. With a ball-hawking secondary, two dynamic edge rushers, a stout line and a savvy linebacking corps consistently making impact plays, you might have forgotten that the defense was missing one of its starters.

Without defensive end Derek Wolfe due to a four-game suspension, the Broncos mitigated his absence by substituting Antonio Smith into that starting role while rotating in Vance Walker.

In the meantime, Wolfe maintained the physical shape he built up over the offseason and through training camp. He often worked out during Broncos games to mimic game tempo, he said. Other than training, he simply waited with bated breath and mouth watering.
    rest - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...8-38f8ea37da74

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

8. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Do we have to cut anyone, or was Wolfe counted against the 53 man roster?
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Denver has to cut someone next week but this week they get to carry an extra body. Game day actives roster size remains the same.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    I believe we have one week to trim the roster.

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

I still think Wolfe is our best defensive end. Glad he is back. Not many Broncos can match this dudes motor and will.

Adopted Bronco:

Troy Renck Retweeted
    Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 2h

.@LorenLandow used game simulations to help Derek Wolfe prepare for his return to Broncos: http://dpo.st/1R1J84A

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:

James Casey released by Broncos to make room for Derek Wolfe

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...ake-room-derek

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

15. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

It feels so good to have an elite defense on all levels of the defense. Wolfe will only help. Whens anunki coming back?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information