Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Some stats/paces at the quarter pole

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Yashahla17 View Post
    Manning is on pace for jake plummer like career year numbers.
    You seem really angry for that early on a Saturday morning.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

2. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    I'll disagree with this, as well. Hurries are absolutely important. They make the QB get rid of the ball a split second faster, thus maybe that WR isn't quite getting out of his break, or not letting the wr get quite the stride before having to throw that deep ball, or not letting the WR pull off the second move bfore feeling he has to get rid of the ball. Hurries is WHY pressure is important. If it wasn't for hurrying the QB, QBs could take all their time and put the ball where they wanted every time. Pressure and Hurries are HUGE against a top QB.

If you don't think Brees is effected by pressure and hurries, you are completely wrong. DL tap the bodie of the QB right after he throws..why..to let him know that if he held onto that ball 1/2 second more, he wouldnt' have made it. You don't think that "hurried" timing is what a QB sets himself to to know what kind of routes to call and how quickly to get the ball out of his hands? Of course he does, and YES.. it absolutely makes a difference to a vet as well as the rookie. You don't think Manning knows when he has to get rid of the ball faster with some DL than with others? You don't think Brady was trying to get rid of the ball faster against the Giants in the Super BOwls than other games? The pressure didn't effect him at all, huh?
    Again, hurries aren't irrelevant, but are overrated, IMHO. Do YOU think Brady needed a tap on the shoulder to tell him the Giants SUPER BOWL D was coming for his head, and going to GET it more often than not? The first time it had only been a MONTH since he'd played them in a barn burner he was lucky to win by a FG; think he FORGOT that till someone tapping him a split second after a whistle reminding him that Oh, yeah, my ribs are STILL sore from the last time we played these guys....

Yet a big part of what separates elite QBs from also-starteds is the ability to compartmentalize their awareness of that: What near-sacks do to them would more accurately called "fasts" than "hurries," because it doesn't make them frantic, careless nor otherwise "rushed," they just more quickly but just as CALMLY do the same elite things as always. Against guys like that, it's not enough to just tap them a second after the play; they must be MOVED before their throws are affected (and even then the effect's often minimal.)

So hurries matter; they can rattle average or worse QBs enough to be truly decisive. But Eli Manning was a lot more than "hurried" in that first SB against NE; he should've been sacked 2-3 times on one play, yet after (somehow) escaping he was calm and careful enough to reload and through a deep precise pass that saved the game and remains its signature play. "Hurry, hurry!"
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. —Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Manning is on pace for jake plummer like career year numbers.
    Not sure what this means, but if you are saying Manning is on pace to have a year like Plummer did in 2003, with our defense... we should handily be superbowl favorites. 2005 too.

5. The Following User High Fived wayninja For This Post:

20 touchdowns 24 ints. Very mediocre and would never be good enough. Our defense won't hold up this level of play for 16 games.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

20 touchdowns 24 ints. Very mediocre and would never be good enough. Our defense won't hold up this level of play for 16 games.
    Well, it's 24 touchdowns, 20 interceptions, but you know, facts. They always get in the way.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

If you like poor over poorer then more power to you.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information