Page 11 of 41 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: At what point does Manning become more of a detriment to this team?

I'd love to know what runs through Elway's mind when he is in the suite watching the games.

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post

Even in that scenario, they'd do hardly anything more than hand the ball off. Not really a chance to see what Brock has.

Elway sat out his last season due to injury. Not to rest him. At least that's what they told us.
    Beginning of preseason. Kubiak talked about at the end of Elway's career he had to fight with him to give him breaks to make sure he lasted the whole season. He said he would do the same with Manning giving him days off during the week and all.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    I'd love to know what runs through Elway's mind when he is in the suite watching the games.
    I would pay good money to know what was going through his mind during the Tebow season.

5. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    Beginning of preseason. Kubiak talked about at the end of Elway's career he had to fight with him to give him breaks to make sure he lasted the whole season. He said he would do the same with Manning giving him days off during the week and all.
    Practice, sure. Games, no. Bubby played several games because Elway was hurt. Ferrari keys and all...

7. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I would pay good money to know what was going through his mind during the Tebow season.
    If you have an iPhone, ask Siri "What does WTF mean?".

Even better: Ask Siri "are you naked?".

LOL.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

"I wish I could drink a beer instead of chewing on these god damn sunflower seeds, but I'm on the clock."

10. The Following 6 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

"Seriously Manning, I could have made that throw left handed."

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    If you have an iPhone, ask Siri "What does WTF mean?".

Even better: Ask Siri "are you naked?".

LOL.
    Don't have an iPhone but I'll try that one on my gf's phone when she gets home.

So after much internal debate, im still fenced on this.

I think it goes in multiple directions as to where the fault lies.

Without writing a book, ide say it starts with managements lack of offensive line help, the idea that resting manning 6 months before the payoffs will somehow give him more durability thus creating lack of continuity, and well Manning just getting old and still not healthy. Sadly ,i get to use the overused phrase, he is our best chance to win. Because honestly, do we really know that either of the other 2 qb's are anything more than hopes and dreams?

15. The Following User High Fived Krugan For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    With his mobility it would be far less of a problem though. Just look at what Bridgewater did against us this week. He was under pressure all day long, but he was able to keep several plays alive. Had Manning been playing for the Vikings yesterday, he would have been sacked 10 times at least.

I dont think so.

Look at tony romeo. He has the BEST offensive line and is EXTREMELY mobile and he got knocked the eff out of the games, for like 4 weeks. At best. We do have one of the worst OLines in the NFL, we can see it. The stats show it. Its that bad. TO think the giraffe would have a marked improvement because of his mobility is silly. He is no tono romo and I just explained what happend to Tony.

Ill deal with manning dropping instead of getting beat up and out for weeks. Maybe itll be good like Brady and bledsoe, maybe itll be bad like jay cutler and jimmy clausen.....I dont know and since we are undefeated, id rather not find out. That whole dont fix what isnt broke thing.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Peyton Manning's struggles have really had little to do with his physical limitations. A bad decision (like the pre-halftime throw) is not the same as an arm that doesn't work...I'm not excusing the former, but saying he is physically done after that sort of play is beyond absurd.

Peyton has shown to me this season that he can make all the throws we require of him. Of course it's frustrating when you see 5 good throws and then a tipped ball for a pick, or a penalty that stalls a drive, etc, but very little of the offensive struggles this year can be attributed to Manning's arm. Sure, he needs to be held accountable for bad decisions, just like WRs need to be held accountable for those drops, or the o-line for missed assignments, but this is a different concern.

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived cmc0605 For This Post:

When your "loyal" fans start repaying your blood on the field by openly HOPING you're hurt just so they can get someone else, it's time to shoot them the bird and go play handball.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Man, we're some spoiled fans. This is the equivalent of First World Problems.

22. The Following 6 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    When your "loyal" fans start repaying your blood on the field by openly HOPING you're hurt just so they can get someone else, it's time to shoot them the bird and go play handball.
    Fans should be singular.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by cmc0605 View Post
    Peyton Manning's struggles have really had little to do with his physical limitations. A bad decision (like the pre-halftime throw) is not the same as an arm that doesn't work...I'm not excusing the former, but saying he is physically done after that sort of play is beyond absurd.

Peyton has shown to me this season that he can make all the throws we require of him. Of course it's frustrating when you see 5 good throws and then a tipped ball for a pick, or a penalty that stalls a drive, etc, but very little of the offensive struggles this year can be attributed to Manning's arm. Sure, he needs to be held accountable for bad decisions, just like WRs need to be held accountable for those drops, or the o-line for missed assignments, but this is a different concern.

25. The Following 3 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information