Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41

Thread: At what point does Manning become more of a detriment to this team?

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Now 4.68 is slow too? ******* idiocy.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Quarterback 40-time analysis.

Only Tebow fans.
    Which explains why he's also enamored with the 3-cone, probably didn't know the 3-cone existed until Teebs killed the drill at combine.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

why would anyone look at the 3-cone drill as an indication for QB's athletism? It's probably the last thing I would even consider looking at for judging a QB...right before the bench press.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

4. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    why would anyone look at the 3-cone drill as an indication for QB's athletism? It's probably the last thing I would even consider looking at for judging a QB...right before the bench press.
    It's actually a good indicator of scrambling ability and agility. Very important for cornerbacks, wide receivers, running backs and linebackers as well.

Russell Wilson has elite 3 cone as well. Manziel as well except Manziel doesn't have good straight line speed and is really small. But you can see how Manziel could dominate college with that scrambling ability. Problem at the NFL level is that Manziel's 4.68 speed is slower than any of the saftey/cornerbacks and the majority of linebackers and even defensive ends. I mean Von Miller and DeMarcus Ware at the 4.5 40 speed are faster than Manziel and have 4 inches and 60 lbs on him. Little Johnny Football doesn't have a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by TimHippo View Post
    It's actually a good indicator of scrambling ability and agility. Very important for cornerbacks, wide receivers, running backs and linebackers as well.

Russell Wilson has elite 3 cone as well. Manziel as well except Manziel doesn't have good straight line speed and is really small. But you can see how Manziel could dominate college with that scrambling ability. Problem at the NFL level is that Manziel's 4.68 speed is slower than any of the saftey/cornerbacks and the majority of linebackers and even defensive ends. I mean Von Miller and DeMarcus Ware at the 4.5 40 speed are faster than Manziel and have 4 inches and 60 lbs on him. Little Johnny Football doesn't have a chance.
    No it's not. Its n't a good indication on scrambling abilities at all. I would rather have a good QB that's good moving within the pocket, than scrambling and running fast. You use two examples of "scrambling" QBs, and those that have good "cone drills" and neither are really 'great' QBs. Especially at throwing the ball. Why do you care about a QBs speed? The best QBs don't run. Then again, why are you even talking about Manziel at all???? You are just all over the map.

You should judge a good QB on his reads and his throws. If you are judging on his running, then you are mising the QB position and what it does. It's like saying RGIII is a good QB because he can run fast.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

They collect the 3-cone and stuff so when the QB can't play dead, and people start to question wtf they were thinking trading three picks to move back into 1st round to draft a 5th round talent, they can say "look at his 3-cone, Championship".
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

8. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    They collect the 3-cone and stuff so when the QB can't play dead, and people start to question wtf they were thinking trading three picks to move back into 1st round to draft a 5th round talent, they can say "look at his 3-cone, Championship".
    No that's when coaches say "I'm just trying to win a ______ game!"

10. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information