Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Good and Bad: Week 4

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    Right, I keep forgetting offensive COORDINATORS are spectators in offensive gameplans and playcalling; explains why Kubiaks Texans, Ravens and new Broncos offenses are so radically different from the ones he auditted in the mid-nineties. And yes, I realize the fact he had lots of great RBs above the average RB height has far more to do with their ability and his system than their height, hence the smiley and the next sentence beginning with the contrasting "in all seriousness."

It DOES seem like the CURRENT BRONCOS offense (if that's more palatable) prefers taller RBs: Even the mediocre Bells were 6' (Mike) and 5'11" (Tater, and maybe that WAS too tall for a mere 190 lbs; no wonder he got thrown around like a rag doll.) That's probably more an artifact than anything else though. All that said, Mike Anderson was solid and reliable, though I wouldn't put him in the same class as the others (maybe Gary.) We don't need Terrell Davis performance; Andersons unspectacular but consistent adequacy would be fine, especially with equally reliable receiving and pass blocking.
    There is a different between the types of systems you use on offense and defense and game planning. Maybe you should learn the difference between the two before you speak.

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    There is a different between the types of systems you use on offense and defense and game planning. Maybe you should learn the difference between the two before you speak.
    Right, that's why I said, "and" and stated both, rather than using either related but distinct thing to mean BOTH.

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    Yep and you do it all the time.
    On the contrary, my biggest flaw is obsessively overthinking and trying to type it all out in a way that's thorough and comprehensible for everyone, without them needing to be inside my head.

Doesn't work when people just skim for something to criticize though; ends up with people angrily denying even posts that agree with and corroborate theirs. Trying to "reason" with that is pointlessly futile.
    Last edited by Joel; 10-05-2015 at 08:39 PM.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Quote Originally Posted by Dzone View Post
    You'd be surprised. He has a cult following on here.
    Hmm. I haven't seen evidence of that.

I do think the walls of text and unusual capitalizations are an inoffensive novelty/nuisance for some while making others want to start house fires and punch baby pandas.
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

4. The Following 5 Users High Fived tomjonesrocks For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post

I do think the walls of text and unusual capitalizations are an inoffensive novelty/nuisance for some while making others want to start house fires and punch baby pandas.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post

lol...I am assuming people read his posts because a lot of people reply to them. It seems to be harmless banter, but I dont partake, theres only so much time in a day if you know what I mean

Adopted Bronco:
    Sammy Winder

I like Joel's posts.
    He likes to write, it's obvious.
    There are so few people these days that actually take the time to think about what they want to say and then deliberately use more than 140 goddamn characters to express it.
    Not saying that an opinion can't be expressed in 140 characters or less.
    Just saying that I appreciate it when someone takes the time to descriptively express their thoughts.
    Keep it up, Joel.
    Last edited by EastCoastBronco; 10-07-2015 at 06:44 AM.
    "Chickens are dope..." - Von Miller

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived EastCoastBronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by EastCoastBronco View Post
    I like Joel's posts.
    There are so few people these days that actually take the time to think about what they want to say and then deliberately use more than 140 goddamn characters to express it.
    Just saying that I appreciate when someone takes the time to descriptively express their thoughts.
    Keep it up, Joel.
    There is a fine line between descriptively expressing your thoughts and being verbose.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I like Joel's posts.
    Just saying that I appreciate when someone takes the time to descriptively express their thoughts.
    Keep it up, Joel.
    Yea, dont really have to agree with his stance or read it all but cant really say he doesnt take the time to post out his thoughts. Nothing wrong with that.

Adopted Bronco:
    Sammy Winder

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    There is a fine line between descriptively expressing your thoughts and being verbose.
    Like I said, he likes to write.
    If you can't use a forum as an outlet for that then I'm not sure what the point is.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    So what. I don't get all the Joel griping, or griping about anyone. It's like people have a hard time either spinning the scroll wheel or sliding their thumb down the screen. I mean, is Joel typing too much really the worst part of anyone's day? If it is, my God, you all live wonderful lives.

Joel isn't the topic here....until some make him the topic. Put the guy on ignore and move on. FFS....this is the BRONCOS Message Board....stop making it the Joel Message Board.

Adopted Bronco:
    Sammy Winder

Joel isn't the topic here....until some make him the topic. Put the guy on ignore and move on. FFS....this is the BRONCOS Message Board....stop making it the Joel Message Board.
    What does FFS mean?
    EFSSL...;-)

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

What does FFS mean?
    Fantasy Football Slut.

Joel is like Tebow. The people who dislike him just can't stop talking about him, even when something has nothing to do with him.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Fantasy Football Slut.
    That's got to be it.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information