Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Good and Bad: Week 4

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Ware-Wolfe

Default Good and Bad: Week 4

Good:

We finally have a running game.

Bad:

Manning making bad decisions and worse throws.
    In Elway We Trust

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

6 TD's to 5 INTs. That's a problem.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Hey, you stole my thread dik!

Anyway,

Good:

Pass rush: Everyone showed up in that area today. They were harassing Bridgewater all day. And speaking of Bridgewater, you have to give him credit for how well he played in spite of that. He's is gonna be a good one IMO.

Hillman: Made some big runs today, I think he is clearly our better back now and should be the starter.

DT: Was a beast today. Catching everything thrown his way.

McManus: Clutch again today, he might be a top 5 kicker in the NFL at this point.

Ward: Was making plays all over the field today, fun to watch.

Bad:

Manning: I think it's official now. We are winning in spite of Manning, not because of him. This kinda feels like a house of cards about to tumble down, but I guess we will see.

Talib: Bad day at the office for him today. Was getting burnt left and right. He's been great all season though, so I will give him a pass today.

Anderson: Last year must have been a fluke or something. The guy is not good. Just can't find the holes at all.

Latimer: This is probably petty of me since he only had one play, but I'm putting him here anyway with the one play being a hold lol.

That's about all I have for this one. This was a very shaky game for us and I have no idea how we are going to keep winning playing this way, but I will take it while it lasts.

4. The Following 5 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyHorse View Post
    Good:

We finally have a running game.

Bad:

Manning making bad decisions and worse throws.
    That's about it, and the good underscores the bad: Manning finally has decent protection AND run support, but is still making bad throws, and it nearly cost us a home game against an average (at best) team despite everyone else playing well. I'm hoping it's either 1) he doesn't trust his protection yet because it was so consistently awful so long and/or 2) he just had an off day. He was awful the first month-and-a-half of 2012 also, and @NE in 2013, but lights out before and after those aberrations. If next week's no better though, that will start looking less like an anomaly and more like a trend.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Anderson: Last year must have been a fluke or something. The guy is not good. Just can't find the holes at all.
    Go back to John Lynch speculating Anderson's gotten spooked because of all the defenders piling on him at the handoff for so long: That's been SOP in Denver since not long after Lynch retired. Anderson's probably just the latest victim of being forced to just put his head down and dive for as small a loss as possible far too long. I still think it's what eventualy turned Moreno from the "fragile tentative" RB everyone derided his first few seasons to the downright MEAN runner he was in 2013: He was mad as Hell and wasn't going to take it anymore.

Now that the line's finally opened holes with at least SOME consistency, that depressing injury-riddled pattern may change for SOMEONE.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

- the bad

- Andrew caldwell returning kickoffs to the 18 constantly.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Hey, you stole my thread dik!

Anyway,

Good:

Pass rush: Everyone showed up in that area today. They were harassing Bridgewater all day. And speaking of Bridgewater, you have to give him credit for how well he played in spite of that. He's is gonna be a good one IMO.

Hillman: Made some big runs today, I think he is clearly our better back now and should be the starter.

DT: Was a beast today. Catching everything thrown his way.

McManus: Clutch again today, he might be a top 5 kicker in the NFL at this point.

Ward: Was making plays all over the field today, fun to watch.

Bad:

Manning: I think it's official now. We are winning in spite of Manning, not because of him. This kinda feels like a house of cards about to tumble down, but I guess we will see.

Talib: Bad day at the office for him today. Was getting burnt left and right. He's been great all season though, so I will give him a pass today.

Latimer: This is probably petty of me since he only had one play, but I'm putting him here anyway with the one play being a hold lol.

That's about all I have for this one. This was a very shaky game for us and I have no idea how we are going to keep winning playing this way, but I will take it while it lasts.
    I don't think Denver is winning in spite of Manning but he isn't playing lights out that's for sure.

Other than that I agree with you. I think Latimer did have a nice tackle on a kickoff that pinned the Vikings deep in their own territory fwiw.

I think the running game is starting to show some signs of life.
    Last edited by TXBRONC; 10-04-2015 at 08:07 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    - the bad - Andrew caldwell returning kickoffs to the 18 constantly.
    He did it twice...
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    I don't think Denver is winning in spite of Manning but he's playing lights out that's for sure. Other than that I agree with you. I think Latimer did have a nice tackle on a kickoff that pinned the Vikings deep in their own territory fwiw. I think the running game is starting to show some signs of life.
    Manning is not playing lights out.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

- the bad

- Andrew caldwell returning kickoffs to the 18 constantly.
    Yeah, dunno what's up with that; he did a lot of work and risked a lot of injuries to/penalties by teammates for -1 yd. It's a pretty simple rule: If you catch the ball closer to the end line than the goal line, KNEEL! Easily my favorite is when a guy runs it out to the 17 and a spot holding call pushes it back to the 5: Congratulations, you just killed your teams whole drive trying for a 109½ yd TD return.

Anderson had a good stretch of games last year because he was the starting RB on our team when defenses still feared Manning. He's just replacement level, he's not going to create much of anything on his own and there aren't many holes for him to run through.

13. The Following User High Fived I Eat Staples For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    Yeah, dunno what's up with that; he did a lot of work and risked a lot of injuries to/penalties by teammates for -1 yd. It's a pretty simple rule: If you catch the ball closer to the end line than the goal line, KNEEL! Easily my favorite is when a guy runs it out to the 17 and a spot holding call pushes it back to the 5: Congratulations, you just killed your teams whole drive trying for a 109½ yd TD return.
    im just wondering. has caldwell ever returned a punt for a td in his career?

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Ware-Wolfe

Good:

We sacked Bridgewater 7 times.

Bad:

Had Bridgewater not been as mobile it would have been more.
    In Elway We Trust

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Ware-Wolfe

im just wondering. has caldwell ever returned a punt for a td in his career?
    No. We should trade for fast Eddie back from Chi-town. Forte while we're at it too.
    In Elway We Trust

17. The Following User High Fived CrazyHorse For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

i miss eddie.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information