Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Clady.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Ware-Wolfe

Default Clady.

Is his career over? Does he come back next year? Paycut?
    In Elway We Trust

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

I don't think he'll be back but this is in the wrong forum.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

3. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Not with Denver.

He could be serviceable but he likely won't be the dominanat player he once was.

I think he comes back, but he won't take a paycut, why should he? If we cut him, then he might have to renegotiate his contract with another team. HOWEVER, have you noticed just how many BAD offensive lines there are in the NFL?? A ton. Everyone is looking for good, if not very good, offensive lineman. Even coming off an injury, Clady helps this team when in the lineup. Right now, OL are at a premium.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

6. The Following 3 Users High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    I think he comes back, but he won't take a paycut, why should he? If we cut him, then he might have to renegotiate his contract with another team. HOWEVER, have you noticed just how many BAD offensive lines there are in the NFL?? A ton. Everyone is looking for good, if not very good, offensive lineman. Even coming off an injury, Clady helps this team when in the lineup. Right now, OL are at a premium.
    I agree, I don't think the team can simply dismiss him considering the current state of the line.

The only way I could see him being cut is if we get good value in the first round at OT.

Von Millers future ginormigantic contract says hello. Clady won't be a Bronco next season.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Von Millers future ginormigantic contract says hello. Clady won't be a Bronco next season.
    If Manning retires or Ware is released (Ray to take that spot), there is a good chance Clady is back.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

Quote Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
    If Manning retires or Ware is released (Ray to take that spot), there is a good chance Clady is back.
    I'd rather keep Ware. Mannings $$$ will go to Von, but Oz is going to take another 6-8 mil too. Unless he has a major restructure, Clady is gone. Nostratimmy has spoken.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

I'd rather keep Ware. Mannings $$$ will go to Von, but Oz is going to take another 6-8 mil too. Unless he has a major restructure, Clady is gone. Nostratimmy has spoken.
    We already have about $8 million going to Miller in cap space. It won't take all of Manning's cap hit.

13. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    We already have about $8 million going to Miller in cap space. It won't take all of Manning's cap hit.
    I expect Miller to make a little more than Justin Houston so you are looking at about $15M a year
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

Quote Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
    I expect Miller to make a little more than Justin Houston so you are looking at about $15M a year
    Right, and Clady will only get 10-10.5 his last two years. The last two years of his deal are team friendly, so unless they think he's so far gone he's not good enough to start he will be back.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Right, and Clady will only get 10-10.5 his last two years. The last two years of his deal are team friendly, so unless they think he's so far gone he's not good enough to start he will be back.
    10-10.5 per year that is....so even if he's average he'll be worth it. As Rav pointed out OT's don't grow on trees.

17. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

I'd be okay with trading Clady, but cutting him would be a terrible roster decision. $10.5 million is fair market value for a starting LT. Unless a team has one on a rookie deal, $8-$12 million is what a LT is going to cost.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

He's currently the only LT Denver has, and a damn good one.

Btw, apparently the salary cap goes boom again next year so let's not pretend it's a matter of money.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

All the prognostication I've seen from people with a record good enough to make a living off it say pretty much the same: Huge cap hit, odometer nears 30 and THREE major injuries to the SAME leg in six years. After the first, Clady started every game but visibly underperformed his previous seasons' All Pro level; he was an All Pro again the NEXT season, but then missed most of 2013 and was again substandard in 2014. With an extra offseason to rest and recuperate, I expected a 2015 like 2011-2012s resurgence: He tore the same legs ACL instead.

Clady plays a premium position and has had as many All Pro years as leg injuries, so probably needn't take a paycut if unwilling: As Rav says, there are enough teams (and QBs) desperate for even mediocre blindside protection that he can find a buyer. Hell, Beadles is making $5 million/yr to play INSIDE, and he's not half the blocker Clady is (especially not as a mauling run blocker.) Yet it's also hard to see us paying $10 million/yr for a 29-year-old whose leg is hamburger at a position where mobility and agility are prerequisites. Especially since he needed TWO full years to return to form after the other leg injuries.

Unless Sambrailo's awful (and it's worth noting his own injury's keeping him out of tomorrows game) Kubiak and Dennison will likely rely on their experience and record coaching up many mediocre talents until they were reliable if unspectacular blockers. That might prove a bit hubristic, but they HAVE repeatedly shown they don't need an elite versatile player with pre-injury Cladys strength AND agility to succeed.

Perhaps this storys real moral is that highly-paid 300+ lb. All Pros shouldn't risk it all on offseason game of pickup basketball. If his four injuries were in unrelated places, I'd feel differently, but only the pec tear was. Paying $10 mil/yr for an OT to pivot and push on a shredded leg when he's nearing the age injuries become common and careers abruptly end just seems a bad investment.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information