Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Drew Brees

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    Bet Matthew Stafford will be free after this year as well.
    That would be an interesting option

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    Bet Matthew Stafford will be free after this year as well.
    Where do I sign?
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Brees is a good QB but I've never liked him too much and would not be very excited about getting him.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Stafford is a less shitty Cutler but I get the same "will never meet potential" vibe from both of them. That wouldn't be the worst thing though.

5. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Stafford is a tough ******* and a pretty good emotional leader. If the team could deal with a gunslinger I think Denver fans would enjoy having him as a quarterback.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Ware-Wolfe

I'd rather have Brock than Stafford. I can see Stafford trying to force a ball to DT in triple coverage.
    In Elway We Trust

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Stafford isn't going to be available.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Ware-Wolfe

Well shit. If the Saints are stupid enough to get rid of him I'd take him for what we're paying Manning now.
    In Elway We Trust

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyHorse View Post
    Well shit. If the Saints are stupid enough to get rid of him I'd take him for what we're paying Manning now.
    You would? Really? I could see taking him at a low price, but I really don't see the appeal in going down this road again in paying an aging, physically limited QB big money. If the Saints do get rid of him, it's probably not because they are stupid. It's probably because they see him day in and day out and know what he really has left.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Ware-Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    You would? Really? I could see taking him at a low price, but I really don't see the appeal in going down this road again in paying an aging, physically limited QB big money. If the Saints do get rid of him, it's probably not because they are stupid. It's probably because they see him day in and day out and know what he really has left.
    Not big money. What's Manning getting now? $15 million. That wouldn't hamstring the team and is par for the course for a franchise QB.
    In Elway We Trust

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Not big money. What's Manning getting now? $15 million. That wouldn't hamstring the team and is par for the course for a franchise QB.
    Franchise QB's go for $20 mil.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

15. The Following User High Fived Canmore For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Fair enough, but again, if the Saints did let him go, as beloved as he is in that city and with what he has done for that franchise, that would tell me all I need to know on if he's still good enough to sign and lead a team to a Super Bowl.

I know, the counterargument will be "but the Colts let Peyton go", and it's a fair one, but they also had Andrew Luck at their disposal.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Ware-Wolfe

Fair enough, but again, if the Saints did let him go, as beloved as he is in that city and with what he has done for that franchise, that would tell me all I need to know on if he's still good enough to sign and lead a team to a Super Bowl.

I know, the counterargument will be "but the Colts let Peyton go", and it's a fair one, but they also had Andrew Luck at their disposal.
    Andrew Luck is doing great! Honestly I think if the Saints cut Brees he retires. I doubt they cut him though. If anything he restructures. He says he wants to play until he's 45 which is a stretch. He's 36 but still doesn't have the same physical limitations that Manning has at this point. Much more mobile and has the ability for the deep ball. This is all just a pipe dream in some alternative universe.
    In Elway We Trust

I actually wouldn't be overly shocked to see the Saints let Brees go after this year, and not necessarily for performance reasons. Their cap situation is horrendous (as you can tell from some of the moves made this year, like Jimmy Graham). They've already restructured Brees' contract and his cap hit next year is an absurd $30 million. If the first four games this year are any indication, they're not even good WITH Brees there. So they could definitely cut him and start from the ground up. If they keep him, by the time they're good again, Brees could be nearing retirement.

So Brees is Aaron Rodgers then? That's been the knock on Rodgers. That he can't lead his team to a comeback.
    My answer to that's already been given (thanks, MO.) Speaking of MO...

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Well, his 25 fourth-quarter comebacks kind of debunk all of this BS.
    Maybe I'm watching the wrong games or just have a bad memory then, because Brees comeback I recall (admittedly a huge one) was against Mannings Colts in the SB.

I've seen him look REALLY bad trailing a lot of teams though; he needed help from the refs to comeback AT HOME against SF in 2013, and in that seasons game @Seattle he just disappeared after the 1st qtr. Actually, no, "disappeared" is being kind: He was prominently present, but prominently putrid. Against the same team when it had a LOSING record, he did an awful job coming back the year after his SB: A FG to get within 4, so Lynchs long TD run sealed it, especially when Brees' NEXT drive also produced only a FG. I dunno, 25 comebacks in 15 years; is that a lot of comebacks, or just a long career with good teams?

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    And Foles over Brees and not because of age? That's hilariously dumb.
    I've not seen Foles look as bad as much, but maybe that IS mainly due to age. I can't blame my anti-Austin Westlake bias though, because they both went there; it's gotta be something they did on the field.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information