Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Extra Point/2-Point Conversion Tracking

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Don't forget the more words you capitalize, the stronger your argument will be.
    That's my next tactic. There's levels to this shit.

Bruh.

I'm waiting on someone to do a fake PAT. People always talk about how it's sometimes harder to run plays from the 3 yard line because you have no room. If you back up a bit then maybe you can fade a TE or something. It should catch them off guard too.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Save one game, this was a bad day for two point conversions. Still several extra points missed, though. Here are the stats with two games to go this week:

Extra Points: 69/74 - 93.2% - .93 points per attempt
    2-Point Conversions: 3/8 - 37.5% - .75 points per attempt

So this week, the extra point has been the better play. Let's look at the season stats now:

Extra Points: 140/149 - 93.9% - .939 points per attempt
    2-Point Conversions: 7/14 - 50% - 1.0 points per attempt

So overall, through almost two whole weeks, two point conversions have been the better play by about .06 points per try.

Some interesting notes:

Pitt actually went for two their first two touchdowns and made both, then went for an extra point on the 3rd one and missed it. We might see them start going for two a bunch given this.

Note from the game above, all 3 two pointers that were made today came from this game. Two from Pitt and one from SF.

With two games still to go this week, there have already been more two pointers attempted this week than in week 1. Will be interesting to see if this trend continues.

The 5 extra points missed this week is up from 4 last week.

I haven't seen all of this Green Bay/Seattle game, but Green Bay made a 2-pointed. Assuming that was the only 2-point attempt, then we are 4/9 for the weekend so far, with the Monday night game pending.

4/9= .89 points per attempt.

I laughed when I saw New Orleans failed the 2 pt and then had their XP blocked the next time.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    I laughed when I saw New Orleans failed the 2 pt and then had their XP blocked the next time.
    I don't understand Pittsburgh going for it and making it twice, and then stopping.

If you're going to play the odds and go for two, then you need to do it every single time, unless there is some mitigating reason. . . I.E. tied with the TD, and only need 1 point to take the lead, etc.

6. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    I don't understand Pittsburgh going for it and making it twice, and then stopping.

If you're going to play the odds and go for two, then you need to do it every single time, unless there is some mitigating reason. . . I.E. tied with the TD, and only need 1 point to take the lead, etc.
    You gotta know when to hold em. Know when to fold em. Know when to walk away. Know when to run.

8. The Following User High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    You gotta know when to hold em. Know when to fold em. Know when to walk away. Know when to run.
    If you have a positive EV, you go for it every time. Kenny Rogers knows this very well.

10. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

If you have a positive EV, you go for it every time. Kenny Rogers knows this very well.
    Do you think there will be times where it becomes smart to go for one because you know it's unlikely you'll score another TD?

I'm not meaning this to be a rebuttal to your point.

Teach me.

I don't know, the plastic surgery was a terrible decision.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Do you think there will be times where it becomes smart to go for one because you know it's unlikely you'll score another TD?

I'm not meaning this to be a rebuttal to your point.

Teach me.
    Sure. But if you have a positive EV, under normal circumstances you go for it. If you don't, you reduce your positive EV every time you don't.

Certainly there are times where it will make sense mathematically to go for one, especially as the game nears the end. It's an over-statement to say "go for 2 every time", but for the most part, it's the way to go, if you are more than 50% likely to score the 2.

14. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Default Extra Point/2-Point Conversion Tracking

The interesting thing I've noticed since they moved the xp kicks back is that now they allow the kickers to setup anywhere between the hash marks they want. When they were setup from the 2, they always kicked dead center of the field. Now you can setup dead center or either hash. I guess that's good if you have a kicker that knows he fades or hooks his kicks and if there's a strong wind.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

16. The Following User High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    The interesting thing I've noticed since they moved the xp kicks back is that now they allow the kickers to setup anywhere between the hash marks they want. When they were setup from the 2, they always kicked dead center of the field. Now you can setup dead center or either hash. I guess that's good if you have a kicker that knows he fades or hooks his kicks and if there's a strong wind.
    Hmmm hadnt thought of that yet. Very interesting.

Haven't noticed McManus choose a prefered side yet.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Sure. But if you have a positive EV, under normal circumstances you go for it. If you don't, you reduce your positive EV every time you don't.

Certainly there are times where it will make sense mathematically to go for one, especially as the game nears the end. It's an over-statement to say "go for 2 every time", but for the most part, it's the way to go, if you are more than 50% likely to score the 2.
    Thank you.

Obviously things like injuries, play-calling, and weather are factors as well.

19. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

That puzzled me as well. And what puzzled me even more is that they KEPT going for extra points even after he missed the one.

My only thought is that they have certain plays saved up for their conversions that they don't want other teams to see, and they didn't want to waste them all in a blowout game. Once that game felt pretty secure, they probably just kept their other 2-point plays in their back pocket as to not give other teams film on them.

21. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Didn't watch much of that game but I believe it was a bit of a blowout, could that be why they quit going for two?
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information