Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: A simple solution will fix the Denver Broncos offense

The shadow of Pikes Peak (aka the lee of the stone)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Well, they need to put in some overtime.
    "It'll take time" should still start with us being adequate, not "Holy Carp this team couldn't score a TD on Tennessee Valley State." So I get the concern.

Hopefully the Carp hears our pleas and the offense reaches adequacy in the next two games. I can wait til the Vikings for greatness if I have to...

"Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

I'm more worried that Manning can't make any of the medium distance throws with accuracy. Anything between 15 -30 yds seems to be out of the playbook. Part of that is the OLine not giving him the time, but his neck injury or age or something has really impacted his accuracy at that distance. A few deep throws will stretch the defence by keeping the safeties back, but those medium throws keep the CB's and LB's on their toes and they start giving up the underneath stuff.

Good thing is that our defense is bad ass! So we can stay in games while we are working out the issues on the offense.

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived BigDaddyBronco For This Post:

The shadow of Pikes Peak (aka the lee of the stone)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyBronco View Post
    I'm more worried that Manning can't make any of the medium distance throws with accuracy. Anything between 15 -30 yds seems to be out of the playbook. Part of that is the OLine not giving him the time, but his neck injury or age or something has really impacted his accuracy at that distance. A few deep throws will stretch the defence by keeping the safeties back, but those medium throws keep the CB's and LB's on their toes and they start giving up the underneath stuff.

Good thing is that our defense is bad ass! So we can stay in games while we are working out the issues on the offense.
    I agree, it's the medium throws I wanna see more of. This offense has post routes - where were they? It can't all be 3 yard crossing routes and bubble screens. If that's what we're gonna do, let Peyton do it from the shotgun.
    "Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Quote Originally Posted by G_Money View Post
    I agree, it's the medium throws I wanna see more of. This offense has post routes - where were they? It can't all be 3 yard crossing routes and bubble screens. If that's what we're gonna do, let Peyton do it from the shotgun.
    Jeff Legwold ‏@Jeff_Legwold 17h

Number to note after #Broncos win (will review game video), but #Broncos in shotgun 48 times (penalty plays inc) in game.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Entirely possible. If he can't, though, then we're in trouble as a contender this year. I'd prefer not to go there until we have to. Manning can obviously still get the ball downfield or he wouldn't be overthrowing everyone. He apparently CANNOT throw on the move at all, so Kubes better knock off the rollouts ASAP. Keep those for Oz or Siemian.

But guys like Vasquez were blowing assignments in this game. Manning was right to be afraid of his pocket time and throw too soon, and the key to beating Manning has ALWAYS been to make him uncomfortable. If comfortable Manning still can't connect, then we have a problem. If he can't get comfortable in this offense then we also have a problem.

Doesn't mean I immediately jump to "Manning is useless and we're doomed" though. You could absolutely be right, but I'll wait a few more weeks before Hot Taking that position. Manning not practicing and playing enough in the new offense, especially with a young line and his best receiver holding out (while his other top target was injured) seems like a good enough reason to go with rust for week one.

Or maybe I'm just hoping that's the case.
    This seems like a pretty strong exaggerating. I don't think really anyone is saying this.

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

"It'll take time" should still start with us being adequate, not "Holy Carp this team couldn't score a TD on Tennessee Valley State." So I get the concern.

Hopefully the Carp hears our pleas and the offense reaches adequacy in the next two games. I can wait til the Vikings for greatness if I have to...
    Don't sit back on the vikings, I think they could make playoffs a wild card.....may have to wait until raiders.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I complain about everything. Im like Coach Boone, i demand perfection.

So are you saying you identify yourself as a black man in a white man's body and does Missy know about this?
    Last edited by TXBRONC; 09-14-2015 at 06:50 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I complain about everything. Im like Coach Boone, i demand perfection.

So are saying you identify yourself as a black man in white man's body and does Missy know about this?
    Yea

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information