Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Congrats, Kubiak - You turned Peyton Manning into Matt Schaub

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Default Congrats, Kubiak - You turned Peyton Manning into Matt Schaub

WTF was that??? Four sacks. A pick 6. Misdirected throws. Tossing for three yards on 3rd-and-8. This looks like the Texans offense minus Andre Johnson. You might as well announce to the opposition that you are running left on first down every series because that's the play call. I know it's coming. By November, even the peanut vendors at Mile High will know it's coming. The same uber-predictable slop I got tired of watching in Houston.

I never did understand what was wrong with scoring 35 points a game but some of you had a major problem with that. Wade Phillips may save Kubiak's job this year but it will either be Manning's last or Kubiak's last. At least I hope so. Today was terrible. Your best offensive player was McManus??? Really??

There's no way a Peyton Manning-run offense should look this pitiful.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    WTF was that??? Four sacks. A pick 6. Misdirected throws. Tossing for three yards on 3rd-and-8. This looks like the Texans offense minus Andre Johnson. You might as well announce to the opposition that you are running left on first down every series because that's the play call. I know it's coming. By November, even the peanut vendors at Mile High will know it's coming. The same uber-predictable slop I got tired of watching in Houston. I never did understand what was wrong with scoring 35 points a game but some of you had a major problem with that. Wade Phillips may save Kubiak's job this year but it will either be Manning's last or Kubiak's last. At least I hope so. Today was terrible. Your best offensive player was McManus??? Really?? There's no way a Peyton Manning-run offense should look this pitiful.
    Are you a Broncos fan?

Our just an angry fan.

3. The Following 3 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Ware-Wolfe

Is Kubes calling the plays? Who's our offensive coordinator?
    In Elway We Trust

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Hey, I realize the Broncos won. If you enjoy paying $20 mil to the best QB on the planet so he can look like Geno Smith, be my guest. The defense was awesome today. At some point, the offense needs to do better than produce field goals. Personally, I liked it better when Manning and a track team forced opponents to have to keep up with their NBA-scoring offense. Today's lacked any downfield vision.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Ware-Wolfe

Hey, I realize the Broncos won. If you enjoy paying $20 mil to the best QB on the planet so he can look like Geno Smith, be my guest. The defense was awesome today. At some point, the offense needs to do better than produce field goals. Personally, I liked it better when Manning and a track team forced opponents to have to keep up with their NBA-scoring offense. Today's lacked any downfield vision.
    There were a couple shots down the field but they were overthrown. I'd like to see more play-action, but that only works when the running game is going.
    In Elway We Trust

Personally I think we are going to see a lot of this throughout the season. I think we are seeing a 39 year old QB and would argue Kubiak hasn't turned Manning into Schaub but rather Manning became one on his own.

We have seen this plenty of times over the last few years when put up against a good pressuring defense.

I think Manning can only play from the gun anymore when he has time to get it away, but if you can apply pressure, cut off the short game, and make Manning deliver shots down the field while under pressure you will beat him almost every time. That isn't on Kubiak anymore than that was on Fox/Gates. The blueprint was put out there by Seattle and other teams are starting to get better at it. To have Manning out there we need an elite pass blocking line.

In a shotgun offense, if given all the time he needs to throw, I will take Manning over any other QB in the league. In our offense specifically, give me Brock. who's big arm forces teams to respect the deep pass and not just sit the short routes.

Just my thoughts on it, I am sure there will be plenty that will now chime in saying I said Brock was a better QB, which is of course NOT what I said, but flame away anyway.

8. The Following 5 Users High Fived Rick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

"At some point".... Dude, that was game one. Relax.

10. The Following 4 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived sneakers For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

You're right, it was Kubiak who told Manning to overthrow/underthrow/completely miss wide open deep receivers. Stoopid Kubiak.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

14. The Following 8 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

WTF was that??? Four sacks. A pick 6. Misdirected throws. Tossing for three yards on 3rd-and-8. This looks like the Texans offense minus Andre Johnson. You might as well announce to the opposition that you are running left on first down every series because that's the play call. I know it's coming. By November, even the peanut vendors at Mile High will know it's coming. The same uber-predictable slop I got tired of watching in Houston.

I never did understand what was wrong with scoring 35 points a game but some of you had a major problem with that. Wade Phillips may save Kubiak's job this year but it will either be Manning's last or Kubiak's last. At least I hope so. Today was terrible. Your best offensive player was McManus??? Really??

Kubiak is not turning Manning into Schaub. Manning is 39 years young in a new offense and with limited reps during training camp and the preseason. Also we have offensive line with four new starters.. Hoof before hitting the panic button just give it a chance to work itself out.

Deep cleansing breaths my friend. Deep cleansing breaths. Btw Elway said the goal isn't to be playing our best football now but late in December and January.
    Last edited by TXBRONC; 09-14-2015 at 07:40 AM.

16. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

GEM

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

While i agree that Manning looked like fainting goat out there i disagree that it had to do with Kubes. For starters we have a very young and inexperienced Oline. Secondly, even when there was time Manning was just off much like the end of the last year when Kubiak wasnt even the coach of the team. And i dont think you will find anyone who had a problem with the team scoring 35 points a game but you will find people who hated the fact that the other teams would score 34 points a game. Sadly when trying to make the defense better you will lose some other weapons on other areas of the team. The only thing i would agree with you about this is that i dont think Manning is actually suited for this style of offense. On the one rollout that he had he totally missed a wide open receiver but thats of a little consequence as he missed on some other passes while throwing from the pocket. Personally with the way our defense played yesterday i would much rather see Oz in there because he can at least move around better and has the better arm. People hate that i say that but even if we had Andrew Luck behind Manning i would want him to start over Manning. I just think at this stage Manning's age is catching up with him. Still a lot of football left so maybe he gets better but im not really holding my breath. Either way, i dont blame Kubiak for how Manning played yesterday.

18. The Following 5 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

We are going to miss the star wars numbers. This new way of winning games is going to take some getting used to, but if we keep winning, we will learn to love it

20. The Following User High Fived Dzone For This Post:

Yes, Kubiak is the brain in Manning's head.

Even when Manning had the chance to throw the ball, he wet the effing bed. Place the blame where it belongs, and it's a number of things...

1) QB is 39 years old, has no feeling in his fingertips, is having trouble getting the ball over the heads of defenders (notice how many bat downs?), and is having trouble with getting the ball to where the receiver is. That has a lot of reasons, Manning didn't play this preseason, Sanders didn't play this preseason, he's getting effing old, age catches up with everyone.
    2) Did you see the oline? Holy shit were they a hot pile of shit! This is the first game where they have played together, the first game the left guard has even played with this team. They haven't gelled and it's evident.

But yea, that's all the first year head coach's fault. Holy hell, dude. Chill out.

22. The Following 5 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Have quite a few friends who are Texans fans and said on hire and throughout yesterday Kubiak will test your patience. Kubiak is seen as incredibly stubborn and sticks with things that aren't working for prolonged periods of time. He sticks with the game plan. Creativity isn't the main goal with him it seems.

That said he had years even with Schaub where there were big numbers at the QB position.

I don't see DT and CJ getting bottled up every week like this though, let alone Peyton. There's definitely reason for concern though.
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

24. The Following User High Fived tomjonesrocks For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

John Fox might be more daring than Kubiak. Yes, you could see Kubiak driving us crazy with his conservative stubbornness. He will be fine as long as we have a talented team.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information