Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Congrats, Kubiak - You turned Peyton Manning into Matt Schaub

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    I believe the Broncos offered him a 3 year contract, but then wanted him to play his final year of his current contract, first...thus making it a four year deal and of course..... no guaranteed contracts. So the Broncos tried to get away with a steal, and JT didn't bite on it. I don't blame him,and we, are less of an offense for it.
    JT said when he left Denver that the final offer was the one they Broncos made in the preseason. That was when Fox was still the coach. When Kubiak came to town everything changed. In his system, the TE MUST be able to block in the run game.

Joel Dreesen said the same thing this week on the radio. So did both Chad Brown and Alfred Williams. Remember that J.T. was a college basketball player.

Now, try and imagine any other sport where you pick up the game for the first time in college and expect to play in the big leagues? Could anybody, no matter how athletic, hope to start playing baseball for the first time at 20 and then a few years later you're in the majors, and getting a hit off Clayton Kershaw? Totally impossible.

So, it's inevitable that there are basic football things that Julius Thomas never learned how to do, that other players learn in high school, like how to block. He had to learn everything in the pros, and he never LIKED blocking, so he never became any good at it.

He loves running down the field, boxing out the DB and then going up for a jump ball - all things he learned to do playing basketball. That's why he was so effective in the red zone. Defenders couldn't "out-rebound" him. But, for a TE, "blocking is all about 'want-to.' You have to want to put your hat in there and beat a guy." -- Alfred Williams said that. They got rid of Julius because he never wanted to block.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzone View Post
    Brady played great against pittsburgh with 3 rookies on his oline. Our line prob has more experience than new englands.
    Brady's OL is running the same system as they have for the last 10 years. Denver is instituting a completely new system. NOBODY on that OL has ever played together with ANYBODY else on the rest of the line. Vasquez is the only player out of the entire starting 5 who was even on the active game day roster last year. And Sambrailo, Mathis, Garcia and Ryan Harris weren't even on the team at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    JT said when he left Denver that the final offer was the one they Broncos made in the preseason. That was when Fox was still the coach. When Kubiak came to town everything changed. In his system, the TE MUST be able to block in the run game.

Joel Dreesen said the same thing this week on the radio. So did both Chad Brown and Alfred Williams. Remember that J.T. was a college basketball player.

Now, try and imagine any other sport where you pick up the game for the first time in college and expect to play in the big leagues? Could anybody, no matter how athletic, hope to start playing baseball for the first time at 20 and then a few years later you're in the majors, and getting a hit off Clayton Kershaw? Totally impossible.

So, it's inevitable that there are basic football things that Julius Thomas never learned how to do, that other players learn in high school, like how to block. He had to learn everything in the pros, and he never LIKED blocking, so he never became any good at it.

He loves running down the field, boxing out the DB and then going up for a jump ball - all things he learned to do playing basketball. That's why he was so effective in the red zone. Defenders couldn't "out-rebound" him. But, for a TE, "blocking is all about 'want-to.' You have to want to put your hat in there and beat a guy." -- Alfred Williams said that. They got rid of Julius because he never wanted to block.
    Make up your mind. They made him the same offer, or they "got rid of him?" Sounds like you want to say one thing, but want to believe another. Talking from both sides as if it were fact. Using opinions and making them into facts, doesn't make them facts.

Keep talking about how the system doesn't work with JT allllllll you want if that makes you feel better about losing that kind of dynamic weapon. But the truth is, our offense is much much weaker and much less potent without him in Orange and Blue.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I think a person can acknowledge that we are worse off without Julius, while also acknowledging that he wasn't worth the $$. We tried to get him at a reasonable price - he correctly held out for more money - then he proceeded to milk his ankle injury in a contract year and soured the entire organization on him to the point that they had zero contact with him after the season.

5. The Following 9 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by buff View Post
    i think a person can acknowledge that we are worse off without julius, while also acknowledging that he wasn't worth the $$. We tried to get him at a reasonable price - he correctly held out for more money - then he proceeded to milk his ankle injury in a contract year and soured the entire organization on him to the point that they had zero contact with him after the season.
    boom.

7. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    boom.
    ka-boom

9. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

I knew Kubes was great, but I didn't realize he was father time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    I knew Kubes was great, but I didn't realize he was father time.
    Manning certainly isn't the same quarterback he was ten years ago let alone even two years ago but at this point I still think the struggles have more to do with needing time to gel. At some point things have to start clicking and if they don't then maybe Manning really can't do it anymore.

13. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I think a person can acknowledge that we are worse off without Julius, while also acknowledging that he wasn't worth the $$. We tried to get him at a reasonable price - he correctly held out for more money - then he proceeded to milk his ankle injury in a contract year and soured the entire organization on him to the point that they had zero contact with him after the season.
    I think we're worst off in the passing game, but better off in the running game.

I think his attitude also affected morale

15. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

I think the problem on offense is they call the same play too many times. I seen the same single set screen with fainting goat at least 10 times last week, maybe it would work better if they got rid of the fainting goat part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Yep
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

18. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Made plays when it mattered. Still wanna call him Schaub????

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived jhildebrand For This Post:

Let Peyton Peyton

Free Peyton Manning!

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

at least kubiak adjusts the offense when its not working. not that bad of a coach.

23. The Following 6 Users High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    at least kubiak adjusts the offense when its not working. not that bad of a coach.
    Exactly

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information