Page 223 of 223 FirstFirst ... 123 173 213 221 222 223
Results 3,331 to 3,340 of 3340

Thread: 2015 NFL Other Games Thread

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    The Pro Bowl is a joke. More and more players refuse to go every year, they're sending a message to Roger, he needs to listen and scrap it. Elect people to the game, just don't play it. I don't see how anyone can possibly make money off the deal, nobody goes! I haven't watched it in probably 8 years. Since they started the whole draft bullshit I haven't even flipped the channel to it.
    The draft doesnt really bother me to much, i kind of like it but as you said the fact that some players wont even go is kind of a waste and they have nothing to really play for. Not sure how they could make it a meaningful game overall but there is just no life in it anymore.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    The draft doesnt really bother me to much, i kind of like it but as you said the fact that some players wont even go is kind of a waste and they have nothing to really play for. Not sure how they could make it a meaningful game overall but there is just no life in it anymore.
    It couldn't be more meaningless. It's a laughable joke. The only way to improve on that product is to get rid of it.

Get 2 former coaches like Dungy and Gruden. Let them pick from a pool of players not on rosters. Let them play each other to showcase their talents. At least we would see players trying.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    Get 2 former coaches like Dungy and Gruden. Let them pick from a pool of players not on rosters. Let them play each other to showcase their talents. At least we would see players trying.
    I actually like this idea although you would have to call it something different. But i think you are on to something, the only negative is if the players are really bad than it might not be a true measurement of whether the players are good or not. But in theory i like the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I actually like this idea although you would have to call it something different. But i think you are on to something, the only negative is if the players are really bad than it might not be a true measurement of whether the players are good or not. But in theory i like the idea.
    It would be more similar to a Senior Bowl. I know the NFLPA already has a bowl game and it's for college players, but I feel like they would have a lot to do with this, if it did happen.

6. The Following User High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    The Pro Bowl is a joke. More and more players refuse to go every year, they're sending a message to Roger, he needs to listen and scrap it. Elect people to the game, just don't play it. I don't see how anyone can possibly make money off the deal, nobody goes! I haven't watched it in probably 8 years. Since they started the whole draft bullshit I haven't even flipped the channel to it.
    Back when it was AFTER the SB it was great, and I watched: ALL the best (healthy) players were there, and playing for pure love of the game, with NO pressure from the seasons expectations and accolades. Since the NFL moved it to the SB bye week just to avoid the great tragedy of losing a WHOLE WEEK of lucrative broadcasts, it's like the defunct annual Playoff Bowl Lombardi called "the 'Shit Bowl', ...a losers' bowl for losers." No one wants to play OR watch THAT.

It's like punishing guys for playing incredibly well on bad teams: "While everyone else (including in the stands and watching on TV) is thinking about and and waiting for the SB, come out on national TV and play a TOTALLY POINTLESS game to remind everyone YOU'RE not in the BIGGEST GAME OF THE YEAR."

I wouldn't show up for that either, even with a free trip to HI; most Pro Bowlers can afford a FAR less embarrassing Hawaiian vacation on their own.

The draft just makes it even more pointless, because at least before there was the question of "OK, the SB tells us whether the best AFC TEAM's better than the best NFC team, but the Pro Bowl tells us which has the better players OVERALL." The drafted removed even that minor interest, and for what? So we can watch guys pretend to sack their own regular season QB? Do the networks actually make ANY money off this, and if not, doesn't that kill the whole reason for moving it?
    Last edited by Joel; 02-02-2016 at 04:50 AM.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    Just move it back to AFTER the SB, so EVERYONE'S there enjoying it instead of eating their hearts out over missing the imminent SB. What was wrong with that?
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

P*tri*ts love their white boys, Broncos should see if they could get something for Jordan Taylor.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    P*tri*ts love their white boys, Broncos should see if they could get something for Jordan Taylor.
    Why did you bump this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    The man asked why you bumped a dead thread from last season: That DEMANDS a good excuse.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information