Thread: NBA officially changes playoff seeding to be based solely on record.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Default NBA officially changes playoff seeding to be based solely on record.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/09/nba-...s-of-divisions

Love, love, love this. I'm glad at least one league has become foward-thinking enough to realize how useless divisions are in this day and age. The article wasn't clear on if winning the division guarantees a playoff spot but I guess in the NBA it would be almost impossible to win your division and not have a good enough record to make the playoffs, so that probably won't ever come into play.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Board of Governors unanimously approve changes to playoff seeding

NEW YORK -- The NBA will now seed playoff teams solely by their record, throwing out the top-four protection for teams who win their divisions.

The expected change was unanimously approved Tuesday by the league's Board of Governors. Teams in each conference will be seeded from one to eight by their won-loss record.

Previously, division winners were guaranteed no worse than the No. 4 seed, a rule that became heavily criticized last season when Portland ended up No. 4 in the powerful Western Conference despite having the sixth-best record in the conference.

The league also changed the tiebreaker procedures, making head-to-head results the first tiebreaker for seeding and home-court advantage and whether a team won its division the second tiebreaker. A division winner previously got the home-court advantage if it met a team with the same record in the playoffs.
    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13...ference-record

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

They don't go far enough. They should only have four teams from the Eastern Conference in the playoffs.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

NBA..more like NB-Gay!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information