Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Adding * to Patriots/New England/Belicheck/Brady's name when typed

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I have no idea what the * means, but it sounds derogatory towards the *pats, therefore do please count me in.

I need to go, there is another bandwagon I need to jump on elsewhere
    * is for people who cheat, Lance Armstrong, Barry Bonds, Mark Macquire, the Patriots, etc

2. The Following User High Fived Dzone For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

While I like the idea, that particular character should be reserved for official records. There must a more offensive unicode character or emoji or whatever to replace this with. Does anyone have a kraft/brady fellatio icon?

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I have no idea what the * means, but it sounds derogatory towards the *pats, therefore do please count me in.

I need to go, there is another bandwagon I need to jump on elsewhere
    The astrics denotes t hat there is a "footnote" at the end of the page. That footnote would look something like:

"*Tom Brady won 4 Super Bowls."

*All 4 Super Bowls are controversial due to the fact that the team was under investigation of cheating by using illegal video tapes of the other teams signals to give Tom an unfair advantage, as well as being individually investigated (and suspended) for illegally manipulating the footballs.
    (I'm sure it would be much better worded than mine, but you get the idea)

So anytime someone says that a sports figures/team should have an * next to their name, it's because it should denote a "side note" as to the accusations and or found facts of them cheating during their career.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

5. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Let's just go with ,,!,, instead.

I'm good with the asterisks, but think there should be one for each Super Bowl mockery of a win.

7. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Let's just go with ,,!,, instead.

I'm good with the asterisks, but think there should be one for each Super Bowl mockery of a win.

Fine. Four * it is.

So far the entire board is in favor of such an improvement (change). Since, this forum is by the fans for the fans, when can we expect it to be completely implemented? I think before the game tonight would be most ideal. That way should the pats**** lose no one can say it was done out of spite. This also covers our butts on any other lame spin/excuse pats**** people can conjure up.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

This is a great idea. I am in full support.

Why is this still in the support phase?

Someone here should be able to rectify the situation. Who has the hotline to Tned? Time is of the essance!
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

11. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

well.. I started to say that the problem with having four * before the names/words is that it looks like the autocorrect is blocking out a bad word that isn't allowed on the forums. However, when you see ****Brady and ****Belicheck every time its typed, that becomes friggin comical pretty fast!!
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

13. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

T has been pretty sparse around these parts lately.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    This would have been a lot funnier if any Pats fans still posted here. Still funny though.
    They'll come back they always do.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

I really miss PAGS - he was a genuine top bloke

17. The Following 3 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    This would have been a lot funnier if any Pats fans still posted here. Still funny though.
    They'll come back they always do.

Unless they are banned and the ban hasn't been lifted.

#freewte
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

19. The Following User High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Totally missed this, but if there was ever a time to bump it, it's while the Cheats are screaming bloody murder about Sundays "one-sided" officiating (i.e. they got penalized ONE more time than us for one LESS yard; it literally couldn't have been more even.) Meanwhile, for Daves sake, asterisks don't NECESSARILY denote foul play accusations, just unusual circumstances that call a record into question.

The original asterisk comes from the common (but false) belief Roger Maris got one when breaking Babe Ruths single season home run record in '61, but he wasn't accused of any wrongdoing, there were just exceptional circumstances: Pro baseball extended the season 8 games THAT year, Maris broke the record by a SINGLE home run, and on the seasons LAST DAY. Even a year earlier, or had the season ended even a day earlier, no record.

It came up a lot with a seedier turn when Sammy Sosa and Mark McGwire were closing in on (and both ultimately surpassed) Maris' record amid a doping scandal throughout the league that was such a big deal it prompted congressional hearings (our own Bill Romanowskis "contribution" to baseball as a major BALCO supplier,) and again as Barry Bonds was breaking the same record as well as the career record (all three have been implicated, and McGwire admitted, steroid use.) This classic Onion piece sums it beautifully.

Just to be clear: There has never been even the suggestion of wrongdoing by Roger Maris.

With that clarification provided for the foreign devil I agree with the point that automatically adding an asterisk to every form of the Cheatriots name would simply be a convenient time-saver for me because I automatically do it each and every time I reference them anyway.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0d5cab2ad0dbc5836218f94272709b19.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	14.2 KB 
ID:	8256

22. The Following 5 Users High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

soooo... any news on this?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information