Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: San Antonio high school players barrel into ref on purpose, being investigated

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Default San Antonio high school players barrel into ref on purpose, being investigated

http://www.chron.com/sports/highscho...th-6487815.php

SAN ANTONIO - Northside ISD and the University Interscholastic League are looking into a play in which two San Antonio Jay football players barreled into a referee during Friday night’s game against Marble Falls.Late in Jay’s 15-9 loss at Marble Falls, one defensive back ran from 7 yards away into the back of an official watching a run play unfold 9 yards in front of him.

After the referee’s fell to the turf after the first hit, another player standing to the right of the referee and several yards away led with his helmet and dove into the official.

Both players were ejected. Northside ISD athletic director Stan Laing said the video was “very disturbing.” Laing said the district is investigating the sequence of events leading up to the play, and the University Interscholastic League is aware of what happened.

“The question of what instigated that is what we’re trying to figure out,” Laing said.
    Video of the hits are in the link.

That's generating a lot of discussion here. I'll be curious to see how it comes out. As of tonight the two players have been suspended from the team and school.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

3. The Following 5 Users High Fived spikerman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    That's generating a lot of discussion here. I'll be curious to see how it comes out. As of tonight the two players have been suspended from the team and school.
    If I were the DA there i'd probably bring assault charges.

5. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    If I were the DA there i'd probably bring assault charges.
    Yep....what complete lack of respect and decency.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

whoaa! what the hey

The officials here have been asked not to comment on the situation so I won't, but I'll keep this thread up to date with any news that comes out.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

9. The Following 6 Users High Fived spikerman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Suspended from school? That seems counter-productive. The article says two other Jays were ejected late in the game which the players must have felt cost them the game.

Not to excuse what happened but, in the heat of battle, I can see that might have caused it.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    Suspended from school? That seems counter-productive. The article says two other Jays were ejected late in the game which the players must have felt cost them the game.

Not to excuse what happened but, in the heat of battle, I can see that might have caused it.
    That is not an excuse at all. You are out of your mind.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Are you ******* serious?
    Let's Rid3!!!!

14. The Following 4 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

The referee was "very upset" and "wanting to press charges," Austin Football Officials Association secretary Wayne Elliott told the AP.

Elliott said he was seeking guidance from the state officials association, adding, "the first thing we want is that those two kids never play football again."
    http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/2-H...325014551.html

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Two San Antonio high school football players have been suspended and could face criminal charges after one hit a referee from behind and the other subsequently speared him with his helmet during a game Friday night.

http://espn.go.com/moresports/story/...itting-referee

18. The Following 5 Users High Fived spikerman For This Post:

No reason for that at all. No way to excuse it.

Is there any info on why the other two players were ejected before this incident?

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

I'd like to find out the context of what led to this. We know two SA players were ejected before this incident. Why? And which official tossed them out? And what was said - anything with a racial or homosexual slur? Again, I'm NOT EXCUSING THEIR BEHAVIOR but I'll bet they felt the previous personal fouls and ejections cost them any chance at coming back and winning. In anger, they took it out on the refs. Maybe words were exchanged. Maybe they only caught the second guy in a brawl. Who knows? These things happen at a football game and these two players obviously lacked the maturity to channel their anger.

All we have right now is the video and the outage of the officials. We haven't heard what might have caused it to happen.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I'd like to find out the context of what led to this. We know two SA players were ejected before this incident. Why? And which official tossed them out? And what was said - anything with a racial or homosexual slur? Again, I'm NOT EXCUSING THEIR BEHAVIOR but I'll bet they felt the previous personal fouls and ejections cost them any chance at coming back and winning. In anger, they took it out on the refs. Maybe words were exchanged. Maybe they only caught the second guy in a brawl. Who knows? These things happen at a football game and these two players obviously lacked the maturity to channel their anger.

All we have right now is the video and the outage of the officials. We haven't heard what might have caused it to happen.
    So racial or homosexual slurs are a good excuse for physical violence?
    Let's Rid3!!!!

22. The Following 4 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    So racial or homosexual slurs are a good excuse for physical violence?
    That's not what he's saying dude. He was using that as an example of something that may have been said to trigger retaliatory actions against the referees. His post was a really long winded way of saying "I wonder what pissed these kids off".
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

24. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information