Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Mega-threads/Merging/Tom Brady News

Hard to argue with that. Also sorry for the non-topic posts UA. I'm blaming it on Dave.

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

OK - so i dont care about the Brady mega thread or whatever, but it probably is a good point. If someones thread is being merged, perhaps that should happen after a discussion with the mods/original poster?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    I -read- the board regularly, and have done so since these boards opened. I don't post daily, because I prefer to only post when I actually have something of substance to contribute to discussion. Megathreads disrupt my navigation and posting habits because it requires me to go through 100+ pages of garbage board spam to see what is actually going on in a topic, or just going to the last page and ignoring what went on way before.

I think Shazam's thread should have stayed a thread, because it was major news. The reason I'm posting this thread is because I think it is a good question to ask the moderation team and Tned: A top 5 NFL QB being available to play for the entire season doesn't deserve its own thread?
    To be fair, when the news broke that Brady was going to play i immediately went to the deflategate thread because i knew that was where it was going to be discussed. Just saying.

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    I -read- the board regularly, and have done so since these boards opened. I don't post daily, because I prefer to only post when I actually have something of substance to contribute to discussion. Megathreads disrupt my navigation and posting habits because it requires me to go through 100+ pages of garbage board spam to see what is actually going on in a topic, or just going to the last page and ignoring what went on way before.

I think Shazam's thread should have stayed a thread, because it was major news. The reason I'm posting this thread is because I think it is a good question to ask the moderation team and Tned: A top 5 NFL QB being available to play for the entire season doesn't deserve its own thread?
    If we only posted thoughts of substance here the place would be nearly empty.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

The mega thread already had the news posted in it when Shazam posted his thread. It was a duplicate of things already posted. In these discussions previously, the majority of the board wanted all info on a subject in one place, not many different threads on the same subject. If posters have changed their minds, it's not something that we would oppose, as we just follow the rules that have been set in front of us.

9. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    The mega thread already had the news posted in it when Shazam posted his thread. It was a duplicate of things already posted. In these discussions previously, the majority of the board wanted all info on a subject in one place, not many different threads on the same subject. If posters have changed their minds, it's not something that we would oppose, as we just follow the rules that have been set in front of us.
    Besides, how many bullshit *Patriots threads does this place really need?
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

11. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

GEM

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by SR View Post
    Besides, how many bullshit *Patriots threads does this place really need?
    *four?

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    *four?
    *less than one.

Get it?!

14. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

For people who post regularly, the mega threads are easier to keep up with. Not being a smart ass. Just saying.
    I post regularly and I am totally with UA. Can't stand megathreads. I just get bored with them and it can be tough to catch back up or catch new developments when you get bored with the megathread and stop following it.

I am MUCH more likely to open up a new thread on a topic than to open up a megathread that has been going for months and months and months.

And I think he makes a great point that the mods shouldn't just be tossing/merging legitimate threads started by longtime members. Starting a new thread on a breaking new development is not against any rule and should be perfectly ok. If the community would rather post in the megathread, then the new thread can die and things can go on as they are. But that shouldn't be for a mod to decide IMO.

16. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    To be fair, when the news broke that Brady was going to play i immediately went to the deflategate thread because i knew that was where it was going to be discussed. Just saying.
    And I looked for a new thread and was a little bummed that I was going to have to wade back through the megathread to find where one part of the discussion ended and another began.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I post regularly and I am totally with UA. Can't stand megathreads. I just get bored with them and it can be tough to catch back up or catch new developments when you get bored with the megathread and stop following it. I am MUCH more likely to open up a new thread on a topic than to open up a megathread that has been going for months and months and months. And I think he makes a great point that the mods shouldn't just be tossing/merging legitimate threads started by longtime members. Starting a new thread on a breaking new development is not against any rule and should be perfectly ok. If the community would rather post in the megathread, then the new thread can die and things can go on as they are. But that shouldn't be for a mod to decide IMO.
    Then go post some gawldamn place else! You don't speak for the masses, hippie!

Jk.

19. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    And I looked for a new thread and was a little bummed that I was going to have to wade back through the megathread to find where one part of the discussion ended and another began.
    I attempted to wade through the megathread and gave up, because I decided the discussion was already probably bogged down by the usual suspects at that point. So I just posted this thread instead, and went to Reddit for commentary.

21. The Following User High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Then go post some gawldamn place else! You don't speak for the masses, hippie!

Jk.
    I would feel out of place if my opinion on something were the popular one!

23. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

SR

I like megathreads when it's not really a hot topic. But if there are about 3 threads that are kind of the same topic and they have several pages each, I'd rather them be left alone. If we would have merged the Montee Ball threads I would probably have unsubscribed.

Who subscribers to a thread?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information