Page 1 of 62 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015-16 College Football Thread

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Default 2015-16 College Football Thread

MO's Week 1 viewers guide:

All times Central

Thursday, Sept. 3
    Michigan at Utah, FS1, 7:30 p.m. - Jim Harbaugh is going to lose his first game after months of massive hype. Devontae Booker can run.

TCU at Minnesota, ESPN, 8 p.m. - The Trevone Boykin Heisman campaign begins. But it's on the road on a Thursday. Intrigue.

Friday, Sept. 4
    Colorado at Hawai'i, CBSSN, midnight - What the **** else are you going to be doing at midnight on a Friday morning for 4 hours?

Washington at Boise State, ESPN, 9:15 p.m. - Chris Petersen returns to the blue carpet and loses. Badly.

Saturday, Sept 5
    Stanford at Northwestern, ESPN, 11 a.m. - Smart kids playing OK football.

BYU at Nebraska, ABC, 2:30 p.m. - Upset alert. The Taysom Hill Heisman campaign begins.

Arizona State at Texas A&M, ESPN, 6 p.m. - Two of the more intriguing "dark horse" candidates to win their respective conference divisions in divisions where the winner has a good chance at representing its conference in the College Football Playoff on Ndw Year's Eve. Arizona State is uber talented.

Alabama at Wisconsin, ABC, 7 p.m. - Tune in briefly - but keep the recall button handy for the previously mentioned game. Alabama should win easily, but Corey Clement is the next Wisconsin stud running back. Also, there's some intrigue as to who will actually start at quarterback for the Crimson Tide. It literally could be any one of five dudes, but it still probably won't matter in the outcome because Derrick Henry is going to carry the rock a lot.

Monday, Sept. 7
    Ohio State at Virginia Tech, ABC, 7 p.m. - As if you're going to have anything else to do at 7:30 p.m. on a work night after drinking a little too much at a barbecue earlier in the day. Plus, Enter Sandman and Blacksburg for a night game. Plus, who is actually gonna start for Ohio State at quarterback. Just watch, dammit.
    Last edited by MOtorboat; 09-02-2015 at 02:36 AM.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

2. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Oh yeah!

Can't believe it was a year ago I was in Dublin for the Penn state opening game

Damn, I hate Ohio State. I hope they get upset a few times.

I'll probably only watch one game. Tennessee versus Bowling Green at 4pm ET playing in the Titans stadium. Sadly, it's playing on the SECN, which is understandable since it's Bowling Green. Tennessee has had way too much hype the past few years and have done nothing. I'm anxious to see the team on the field and Josh Dobbs being the day 1 starter for the first time. Hopefully they are on point, because week 2 is a home game against Oklahoma. It's still cool to be ranked for the first time in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post

All times Central

Thursday, Sept. 3
    Michigan at Utah, FS1, 7:30 p.m. - Jim Harbaugh is going to lose his first game after months of massive hype. Devontae Booker can run.

TCU at Minnesota, ESPN, 8 p.m. - The Trevone Boykin Heisman campaign begins. But it's on the road on a Thursday. Intrigue.

Friday, Sept. 4
    Colorado at Hawai'i, CBSSN, midnight - What the **** else are you going to be doing at midnight on a Friday morning for 4 hours?

Washington at Boise State, ESPN, 9:15 p.m. - Chris Petersen returns to the blue carpet and loses. Badly.

Saturday, Sept 5
    Stanford at Northwestern, ESPN, 11 a.m. - Smart kids playing OK football.

BYU at Nebraska, ABC, 2:30 p.m. - Upset alert. The Taysom Hill Heisman campaign begins.

Arizona State at Texas A&M, ESPN, 6 p.m. - Two of the more intriguing "dark horse" candidates to win their respective conference divisions in divisions where the winner has a good chance at representing its conference in the College Football Playoff on Ndw Year's Eve. Arizona State is uber talented.

Alabama at Wisconsin, ABC, 7 p.m. - Tune in briefly - but keep the recall button handy for the previously mentioned game. Alabama should win easily, but Corey Clement is the next Wisconsin stud running back. Also, there's some intrigue as to who will actually start at quarterback for the Crimson Tide. It literally could be any one of five dudes, but it still probably won't matter in the outcome because Derrick Henry is going to carry the rock a lot.

Monday, Sept. 7
    Ohio State at Virginia Tech, ABC, 7 p.m. - As if you're going to have anything else to do at 7:30 p.m. on a work night after drinking a little too much at a barbecue earlier in the day. Plus, Enter Sandman and Blacksburg for a night game. Plus, who is actually gonna start for Ohio State at quarterback. Just watch, dammit.
    You really think BYU might pull out the win in Nebraska? I wouldn't mind seeing Wisconsin pull off the miracle.

Boise will be in morning of the hammer isn't dropped on the blue.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Thanks for starting a new thread for the new year.

We wanted an end to the SEC dynasty and now we recoil in horror at the thought of an Ohio State dynasty. There's nobody in the Little 10, er 12, um 14 that can beat the Buckeyes so it will have to be in the Final Four.

I expect the Final Four to be: Ohio State, Alabama, TCU, Oregon.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:

Texas A&M has ZERO chance at winning their division this year. I think we'll pull off one upset out of the Alabama, Auburn, Mississippi games, but that's about it. 8-4 finish at best.

But the ASU game will be interesting. Curious to see what Chavis brings to a bad defense.

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Texas A&M has ZERO chance at winning their division this year. I think we'll pull off one upset out of the Alabama, Auburn, Mississippi games, but that's about it. 8-4 finish at best.

But the ASU game will be interesting. Curious to see what Chavis brings to a bad defense.
    The West is pretty brutal.

10. The Following User High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    The West is pretty brutal.
    We could win 7 or 8 games...get a bowl bid...and finish last in the division.

Those teams are top tier while the East is second tier. It still sucks in the East because so many games can go either way. Like with South Carolina. They may win the East, or they may lost to Kentucky. It's effing weird. I just hope we beat Florida. My God, it's been pretty embarrassing.

13. The Following User High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

True. You could also win 9 and win the division because everybody beat up on everybody else. No one seems to have really solid quarterback play outside of Dak Prescott, and Mississippi State lost so much on defense, that I think anyone has a shot.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

GO UVA!

And **** Ohio St, VagTech, and Nebraska! Oh, and Florida St too!

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    You really think BYU might pull out the win in Nebraska? I wouldn't mind seeing Wisconsin pull off the miracle.
    Taysom Hill is a stud, and Nebraska had a massive tackling problem last year. Reports are that Riley's defense is much simpler than Pelini's, more read and react. Maybe that solves some of the tackling issues. But if it doesn't going against a dual threat quarterback of his caliber right out of the gate could be bad news.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

True. You could also win 9 and win the division because everybody beat up on everybody else. No one seems to have really solid quarterback play outside of Dak Prescott, and Mississippi State lost so much on defense, that I think anyone has a shot.
    do you think Prescott is a solid qb? everything i dont like about Tebow - i see in Prescott.

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    do you think Prescott is a solid qb? everything i dont like about Tebow - i see in Prescott.
    Racist

19. The Following User High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information