Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Your best and worst cars?

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Cousin Mike. You have good (?) taste...

Who'd of thought after looking at this picture I'd end up bald, and he still has the exact same hair?
    So who's the chick on the left?

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    So who's the chick on the left?
    You've met her, and she put a stop to your advances.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    You've met her, and she put a stop to your advances.
    She needed more beer.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

78 Pontiac Grand Prix
    78 Cadillac Coupe DeVille
    84 Cadillac Coupe DeVille
    85 Plymouth Caravelle
    85 Pontiac Grand Prix
    86 Chrysler LeBaron GT
    84 Lincoln Town Car
    88 Lincoln Continental SS
    87 Chevrolet Camaro IROC
    90 Pontiac Grand Am
    90 Lincoln Town Car
    97 Ford Explorer XLT
    98 Ford Taurus SES
    97 Nissan Pathfinder SE
    99 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer

84 Coupe DeVille was the worst car I ever owned. Shit broke on this car that I never heard of breaking before, and have never broken on any other car I had... 3 starters, 2 alternators, 2 transmissions, timing chain, steering column... I would never own another Cadillac. Bought with low mileage too and fell apart.

Bought a souped up IROC off a crackhead, fastest car I ever owned, smoked anything and everything.

The Lincoln Continental back then was sharp, bought it in mint condition.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post

Bought a souped up IROC off a crackhead,
    I could have sworn those were reserved for chiefs fans
    Free Hotcarl!

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Pudge View Post
    I could have sworn those were reserved for chiefs fans
    Well, it was a crackhead, so to be fair, he most likely was a Chief's fan.

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I've been very lucky with cars having never owned a lemon or one that has given me any major problems.... *knock on wood*. The most i've had to spend on repairs was $1,200 (most of that on labor) on replacing some valve cover gaskets that were leaking but that was on a '03 Altima that already had 223,000 trouble free miles on it to that point. Other than that nothing more than the usual wear and tear and regular maintenance.

The worst car to drive was my '86 Fiero. It had a lawn mower engine for a motor and driving in the rain would put you on the edge of your seat. Literally. The front defroster sucked because the front windshield slanted so much. If it rained hard you couldn't see past the front bumper because the wipers on high were like regular cars with theirs on low. And having a fiberglass body wrapped around a go cart frame with the engine in the back you had to look ahead of you to miss any puddles or it with hydroplane on you in a heartbeat. It had it's good points though. Solid sound system and could corner like it was on rails.

I bought a 2013 G37 sedan back in May. Definitely the best driving car i've ever owned so far. It's not perfect. The Bose system is kinda crappy IMO, it has beige leather interior which is nice to look at but a total PITA to keep clean, and the V6 is a little noisy. But she pulls hard all the way up to it's 7,500rpm red line. Swapped out the crappy All-Season tires that came on it for some Summer tires and they totally changed the way the car drove/handled. Really fun to drive. Not overly luxurious interior wise but refined, and i really like it's exterior design and curves compared to some of the newer 2015 models i was looking at as they all seem to have really funky looking front ends and grilles, too many lines, and not enough bells and whistles to justify the price.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Only if you're Mexican. Dave, did you know that el Camino is actually Spanish for the Camino?
    True story. If you see a Chevy Nova south of the border, it will have a different name. Mexicans would laugh at the Nova because "No Va" in Spanish means "It doesn't go". So Chevy Novas marketed for Mexico and southward say "Cango".
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    True story. If you see a Chevy Nova south of the border, it will have a different name. Mexicans would laugh at the Nova because "No Va" in Spanish means "It doesn't go". So Chevy Novas marketed for Mexico and southward say "Cango".
    Ford did worse with Pinto, even though its slang......and a pinto.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Actually a very well told myth. According to Snopes:

The truth is that the Chevrolet Nova's name didn't significantly affect its sales: it sold well in both its primary Spanish-language markets, Mexico and Venezuela. (Its Venezuelan sales figures actually surpassed GM's expectations.) The whole "Nova = "doesn't go" tale was merely another in a long line of automotive jokes, like the ones about "Ford" being an acronym for "Fix or repair daily" or "Found on road dead" or "Fiat" being an acronym for "Fix it again, Tony!" These humorous inventions might adequately reflect the tellers' feelings about the worthiness of various types of automobiles, but we don't really expect that anyone ever refrained from buying a Ford because he actually believed they needed to be repaired on a daily basis.
    Read more at http://www.snopes.com/business/misxl...3hjoG9dkJPd.99

13. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Snopes is full of shit. I've actually seen a "Cango" (1983). "No va" does mean "It doesn't go" in Spanish and it must have been significant enough for Chevrolet to change the name of the vehicle whether it made a difference in sales or not. Reading between the lines, Chevrolet admits to not using the name "Nova" in their lines built for Argentina, using "Chevrolet" where the side plate went but I have seen a "Cango" with my own eyes (in Texas with Mexican plates). Perhaps it was someone who made their own customization but, if so, why bother? I can, however, see why Chevrolet would prefer to treat the story as urban legend.

As for comparing it to FORD or FIAT, those were clearly jokes. Only an idiot thought they were true but those were simply in frustration for vehicles in need of constant repair.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

15. The Following User High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

Nova doesn't mean it doesn't go. No va means not going, but that's the equivalent of saying therapist means the rapist. I'm pretty sure you're wrong
    Free Hotcarl!

Pontiac had the Acadian up here that was just like the Nova. We didn't have the lower model Nova called the Chevy II though

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Snopes is full of shit. I've actually seen a "Cango" (1983). "No va" does mean "It doesn't go" in Spanish and it must have been significant enough for Chevrolet to change the name of the vehicle whether it made a difference in sales or not. Reading between the lines, Chevrolet admits to not using the name "Nova" in their lines built for Argentina, using "Chevrolet" where the side plate went but I have seen a "Cango" with my own eyes (in Texas with Mexican plates). Perhaps it was someone who made their own customization but, if so, why bother? I can, however, see why Chevrolet would prefer to treat the story as urban legend.

As for comparing it to FORD or FIAT, those were clearly jokes. Only an idiot thought they were true but those were simply in frustration for vehicles in need of constant repair.
    Also from Snopes:

Assuming that Spanish speakers would naturally see the word "nova" as equivalent to the phrase "no va" and think "Hey, this car doesn't go!" is akin to assuming that English speakers would spurn a dinette set sold under the name Notable because nobody wants a dinette set that doesn't include a table.
    Read more at http://www.snopes.com/business/misxl...BlzpdK5QS4S.99

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information