Thread: Your best and worst cars?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Your best and worst cars?

I have many times lately started to feel like I'm aging. One clue is that I've suddenly become nostalgic about a few things, where I never was before. But I love cars, so I thought I'd create this as I'm currently hating a car (and really missing a car).

I have a feeling the best car I'll ever own was my '00 Saab 9-5 Aero. I bought the car used in '02 w/25k mi and drove it until '13, where I let it go on a failed clutch @175k (on this car, a clutch meant an engine pull and a huge bill - something I'd have eaten but Saab had gone under and parts were already starting to be a huge pain to find). We thought it might need a new Turbo soon, and with scarcity and everything else we decided to donate it and get a sporty dogwagon. That was a mistake.

But that car - 260HP, black, leather, ventilated seats, factory BBS rims, Remus exhaust, amazing HK soundsystem - legit power in a straight line, as big as a 5-series, 24MPG. Handling was what what it is with FWD - you can't put power to the road with FWD...I still autocrossed it with reasonable success considering. It was a piece of machinery. Man, I miss that car. Was really rock-solid until the last couple years and if Saab had not gone under I'd have that car now. Damn.

I've had comically "bad" cars - a "batmobile" '78 Z28 Camaro painted flat black with chipping fiberglass and a modified back-end that covered 295 series tires and got 9mpg, a '76 Honda "CVCC" in forest green that looked like that chick's car in "True Blood"...my wife had a Saturn that was a true, utter, total POS that literally gave up completely at 65k mi - soggy gearbox, seats that barely held you in place...not to mention a VW Bug (actually liked that car)...

But right now our '08, e91 BMW 328i wagon...POS has never-ending bills and difficult-to-troubleshoot electrical problems - and I love BMW - we also have an e46 ZHP coupe daily driver that seems like it's going to run forever that I'd never talk shit about - but man oh man I really hate our e91. One of those cars where something goes wrong, and you look online and try the top 2-3 most common fixes for the problem and they never work. Never. I'm so sick of burning up my weekends wasting time and money replacing things in this car with no luck. Base model BMW should not be such a pain in the ass to own. I wanted a pre-owned Subaru wagon actually initially for this purpose -- wife car, kid-and-dog-hauler I don't despise driving--but turns out those things don't depreciate whatsoever. But look a BMW wagon for *less* than a Subaru? Sold! Ugh, bad mistake.

Anyway unsure if this will catch on or die quickly like Buff's talk-shit-about-music thread but if you have a car you want to talk up or talk shit to I'm all about it.
    Last edited by tomjonesrocks; 08-30-2015 at 11:50 PM.

2. The Following User High Fived tomjonesrocks For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information