Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Your best and worst cars?

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    About 2 inches. It was ice underneath and the parking lot had a tiny downslope (parked by the door). Hunk of crap didn't have enough traction to back out, so she called me. I got it out with some effort, but holy crap. It then promptly shit an alternator the next day....at 38k miles. Enormous pos.
    I had my 07 Caliber over a year. I didn't replace anything not did I have any issues in the snow. The 08 on the other hand was junk. I don't get it because I think they were all made in one factory.

Loved my 74' Datsun 260z (first car), fast little car that was fun to drive.
    89' Nissan Pulsar-fun car to drive, loved it.
    94 Cutlass-dependable grocery grabber
    02 Windstar- Loved, loved, loved this van. It went everywhere in any weather. I cried when the transmission went out, got it fixed and traded it in for the single biggest POS ever.
    07 Dodge Nitro- Hunk of ever loving shit. Liked it when I first bought it, but within a short amount of time, huge electrical issues. Never a good thing...but thank goodness the drunk driver totaled it. Effing hated that car with a passion.
    98 Mazda MPV- Decided I was sick to death of paying a car payment. Paid $4K for it, one owner who took very good care of it, all the service records, interior is still perfect, the only downfall is it's a V6 so it doesn't have a lot of boogie to it, but completely dependable. I don't think I'll ever go back to a car payment...Ever.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

First car, for a week, 86 Mustang. Piece of crap, hated it.

Second car, 77 Camaro, traded even for the Mustang. Great car, wish I still had it like Weazel does. If I found a deal on one I'd snatch it up. I built a 400 small block for it, did some suspension work and had a beast of a car that was a BLAST to drive.

Throughout High School myself and a friend of mine that now owns a business specializing in muscle cars purchased cars from Carlisle, fixed them up, drove them for a while, sold them for (hopefully) a profit. We actually did rather well, the following are cars we owned and drove regularly throughout that process.

70 Camaro, 72 Camaro Z28, 70 Lemans Sport (GTO clone), 74 Firebird Formula, 76 Trans Am, 73 Nova, 81 Trans Am, 76 Firebird

Had some great cars through all that. Wish we had been smart enough to keep some of them!

Anyhow, back to personal daily drivers.... 90 Toyota Celica GT (Well built, no character though), 97 Pontiac Sunfire GT, 88 Trans Am, 77 Corvette, 98 S-10 (AWESOME truck!!!! 290k miles, only replaced the coils, 28 mpg), 05 Ram 1500, 00 Honda Accord, 08 Cadillac SRX, 06 Mini Cooper S, 05 Dakota SLT 4x4, 66 Mustang.

I can't say "best" car. The only one I wouldn't buy again is the Celica. Not that it wasn't a good car, it ran well, no issues with it, I just didn't like it. There was no character to it, it was just a conveyance. Every other car or truck I've owned was perfect for what I wanted/needed at the time and I was pleased. I LOVED my muscle cars and it built a life long obsession in me.

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    First car, for a week, 86 Mustang. Piece of crap, hated it.

Second car, 77 Camaro, traded even for the Mustang. Great car, wish I still had it like Weazel does. If I found a deal on one I'd snatch it up. I built a 400 small block for it, did some suspension work and had a beast of a car that was a BLAST to drive.

Throughout High School myself and a friend of mine that now owns a business specializing in muscle cars purchased cars from Carlisle, fixed them up, drove them for a while, sold them for (hopefully) a profit. We actually did rather well, the following are cars we owned and drove regularly throughout that process.

70 Camaro, 72 Camaro Z28, 70 Lemans Sport (GTO clone), 74 Firebird Formula, 76 Trans Am, 73 Nova, 81 Trans Am, 76 Firebird

Had some great cars through all that. Wish we had been smart enough to keep some of them!

Anyhow, back to personal daily drivers.... 90 Toyota Celica GT (Well built, no character though), 97 Pontiac Sunfire GT, 88 Trans Am, 77 Corvette, 98 S-10 (AWESOME truck!!!! 290k miles, only replaced the coils, 28 mpg), 05 Ram 1500, 00 Honda Accord, 08 Cadillac SRX, 06 Mini Cooper S, 05 Dakota SLT 4x4, 66 Mustang.

I can't say "best" car. The only one I wouldn't buy again is the Celica. Not that it wasn't a good car, it ran well, no issues with it, I just didn't like it. There was no character to it, it was just a conveyance. Every other car or truck I've owned was perfect for what I wanted/needed at the time and I was pleased. I LOVED my muscle cars and it built a life long obsession in me.
    I've always wanted an early 90s Celica

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

This thread is worthless without pictures. I can picture most, but some not so much.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Is a camaro a cross between a sports car and a truck?

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    Uh, no.

1977 Camero:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Uh, no. 1977 Camero:
    So what am I thinking about?

Your thinking el camino
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

10. The Following User High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

So what am I thinking about?
    El Camino?

12. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Ford Ranchero

14. The Following User High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    Ford Ranchero
    Right. Good call, Dan. I can see how Dave might get confused with Camero and Ranchero, as opposed to Camero and El Camino.

Makes total sense.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    El Camino?
    Yeah! That is the greatest car ever

Only if you're Mexican. Dave, did you know that el Camino is actually Spanish for the Camino?
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

19. The Following User High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Only if you're Mexican. Dave, did you know that el Camino is actually Spanish for the Camino?
    I did not know that. Does Camino translate as " awesome vehicle"?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information