Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Peyton Manning's ability to throw the long ball, has drastically declined. His thigh is good right?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Liar

2. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Did we see what was said before the edits? The edit time stamp is after Carol's reply...
    I looked at the pre-edited post. He just made a grammatical change (change "a" to "an" in one sentence).

4. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

You Osweiler fans better pump the brakes, alright? All five of you.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    You Osweiler fans better pump the brakes, alright? All five of you.
    Screw that, im hitting the gas.

8. The Following 4 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Lol, you go north!

10. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    I think Bronco fans, especially Brock Oweiler fans are going to have to deal with reality at some point.

#1 - Peyton Manning is a certain first ballot Hall of Famer. Those don't come around to a team more than once every 20 or 30 years, if you're lucky. Some teams NEVER get one, let alone multiple HOF QBs. Detroit for instance. So, when you get such a player, you hold onto him until he proves he can't play anymore, and NOT in the pre-season, in the regular season, or he decides to retire.

Period. Fans can rant all they want, but Elway is not stupid. He knows the chances of Brock Osweiler ever being remotely close to a Hall of Fame QB aren't even worth mentioning.

Over the last 15 years 138 QBs or so have been drafted at #57 or later (Bock's pick) and only 1 of them has played in the SB (Russell Wilson) and probably he's the only one of that group who ever will. Your normal #57 QB is Chad Henne.

#2 - Nobody can tell at this point that Brock will even be a mediocre QB, let alone that he ever will be able to lead a team into the playoffs or SB.

The Pre-season means nothing whatever. "He's looked good in the pre-season and Peyton has struggled, plus Peyton sucked when he was hurt late last season, so despite the fact that Peyton threw for 4700 yards and 39 TDs last year, and had an all-time NFL record 55 TDs and nearly 5500 yards the year before, I'd go with Brock." That's bone-headed FAN thinking. NO NFL GM is that stupid!

Even if Peyton IS "declining" Peyton at 80% is STILL better than Brock is ever likely to be.

What it all comes down to is "the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence." Brock is an unknown so fans are excited with him and "want to see what we have". Well, no matter how he looks in meaningless exhibition games, it's probably not going to be great.

I'm not against Brock. I like him, think he looks good and hope if he stays on the team next year he'll be great. But the odds are not at all in his favor, and you certainly can't tell much from the limited pre-season action we've gotten from him so far.

So, whether you Brock fans like it or not, if Elway thinks Peyton can still play, and Peyton wants to come back and play - they're going to keep him.

In fact, if Peyton wants to come back next season, Brock is very likely to sign as a FA with some other team so he can start. The Broncos would like to keep him of course, but he is unlikely to want to wait any more.

And Elway is NOT going to push Peyton out the door so they can "see what they have with Brock." You might not like that, but you're going to have to get used to it.

That means you're not going to see Brock play at all in the regular season this year, unless Peyton gets hurt, or he's just flat horrible for a significant stretch of the regular season (like maybe 7 games and the team is losing).

And it also means that if Peyton has reasonable success in this new system he's extremely likely to be back next year and Brock will very likely be gone. And if Peyton plays well in 2016, then he's quite likely to want to come back in 2017 as well. There's ZERO sign from Peyton that he doesn't want to continue playing or that Elway wouldn't want him back. Of course, if he gets hurt or if they decide he can't play anymore then things will change. But as of right now there no such signs at all.
    I read that if he waited 1 more year he could have been the top QB drafted the following year. I think he was 1st round talent in 2nd round, but was very raw. He is panning out well so far this year.

You know where you can put those stats? How many QBS before pick #57 did not make it?

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    I read that if he waited 1 more year he could have been the top QB drafted the following year. I think he was 1st round talent in 2nd round, but was very raw. He is panning out well so far this year.

You know where you can put those stats? How many QBS before pick #57 did not make it?
    He conveniently left out that a QB picked after #57 won the SB last year. And he was playing against another QB who was picked after #57.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Kick the tires and light the fire.

Quote Originally Posted by tripp View Post
    New system, Peyton is 39. Nothing has changed since last year, he is fine - shaking rust off, not a big deal. It's pre-season, the one time of the year where if you're Peyton, you don't need to concern yourself with your performance. This is for the UDFA's, Rookies etc.
    Sorry, but you can't expect to use logic and reason like that on these boards and expect to get away with it! If you want to post here, you better start sharpening your hyperventilating skills, and practice straining at gnats while swallowing camels whole.

I'm asking the mods to suspend your membership!

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post

You might want to try and re-write this post so that it makes at least a minimum of sense.

"I don't like what statistics prove so I'll just flip them off! That'll show everybody!"

Well, it'll show people that you can't think and chew gum at the same time.

What possible relevance does the list of QBs who were first round busts have? Brock wasn't 1st round. Is it hard to draft a QB in the 1st? Yes. Is it harder to draft a QB in the 2nd through 6th round, than the 1st? Yes.

That's what the statistics prove.

You can yell at me as much as you want.

The Broncos are still NOT starting Brock Osweiler this season, and they are not going to start him at all if Peyton comes back next year. And if he plays well in this system he will come back next year. Deal with it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

After everything Osweiler has done for you, Cugel? Smh.
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

18. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by gregbroncs View Post
    He conveniently left out that a QB picked after #57 won the SB last year. And he was playing against another QB who was picked after #57.
    Tom Brady was selected 15 years ago. I said in the last 15 years since Tom Brady was taken in the 6th round. That also leaves out Joe Montana who was drafted in the 3rd round 36 years ago. I also left out Dan Fouts because he was drafted in the 3rd round back in 1973. Do you want to include him too?

If we go back to 1955 we can drag in Johnny Unitas, 9th round! That proves you can get a Hall of Fame QB in the 9th round. Oh, wait. . . .

Just how stupid do you want to make this? If you want to mention every elite QB who was taken in later rounds back in the Pleistocene Era don't expect me to take you seriously, because then you have to add in all the draft BUSTS who were taken in later rounds back in the Pleistocene also, and divide 1 by the total number to arrive at a percentage!

And I didn't "leave out" that Russell Wilson was an elite QB. Did you even bother to read my post? Clearly no.

Hello! He's the exception that proves the rule. The "1" in the "1 out of 138."

For you math challenged people, that's still less than 1%.

And the math don't change if you go back to 1965 and drag in Joe Namath because then you have to include all the other draft failures who were drafted the same round. And there were a lot of them!
    Last edited by Cugel; 09-01-2015 at 09:23 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

After everything Joe Namath has done for you? Smh.
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

21. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

SR

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Sorry, but you can't expect to use logic and reason like that on these boards and expect to get away with it! If you want to post here, you better start sharpening your hyperventilating skills, and practice straining at gnats while swallowing camels whole. I'm asking the mods to suspend your membership!
    Maybe they'll suspend yours too
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Quote Originally Posted by SR View Post
    Maybe they'll suspend yours too
    That is called "sarcasm". Hence the emoticon. Don't expect you to notice things, but still, that was pretty obvious.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information