Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Peyton Manning's ability to throw the long ball, has drastically declined. His thigh is good right?

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

And I'll add that there are some things Brock does better; he has a stronger arm and is a lot more mobile.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    IMO, I think the early blitzes by SF forced Peyton to get rid of the ball quicker than he would have, which resulted in some of his passes not being on target. Hopefully with Mathis in there, that will improve. Also, you think the Broncos' blitzes did not affect Kaepernick. Wasn't it zero yards passing for SF in the first half?
    If I remember correctly from one of the articles I've seen today, they had two completions against the first string defense.

Adopted Bronco:
    Greg Dulcich

Quote Originally Posted by SR View Post
    And I'll add that there are some things Brock does better; he has a stronger arm and is a lot more mobile.
    He has feeling in his finger tips.

Stupidity is also a gift of God, but one mustn't misuse it. ---- Pope John Paul II

5. The Following 3 Users High Fived Bronco4ever For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco4ever View Post
    He has feeling in his finger tips.
    Haha...add that to the list.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

IMO, I think the early blitzes by SF forced Peyton to get rid of the ball quicker than he would have, which resulted in some of his passes not being on target. Hopefully with Mathis in there, that will improve. Also, you think the Broncos' blitzes did not affect Kaepernick. Wasn't it zero yards passing for SF in the first half?
    What the Broncos did on defense has little to do with my post. In fact, it has nothing to do with it.

IMO teams will see what SF did and may very well do that on PM when he is under center. He usually identifies the blitzer out of shot gun, calls hot routes, gives blocking assignments to the line etc. Now, when he is under center, it is a whole lot different.

In other words, PM right now is pretty much a one dimensional QB. There really are no other dimensions. Not even a QB sneak. In short yardage that is sometimes a best play. I saw OZ run one of those pretty effectively last night. I know Brady does that more often than you think too. Yes a little irrelevant.

Look, I am saying what we saw the last half of last season was not an abberation imo. I think it is simply something that we need to prepare expectations for. Not saying he will not do a lot of good things. Like you all pointed out, he did make a great pass.

He made good passes against the Colts in the play offs too. Most of them were not however, and he did not exactly generate a lot of points last night. He under threw one pass that would have been a TD to DT and the other under throw was a bad int in the red zone.

He will most likely make more great passes than bad ones, but I do not see him coming close to what many seem to expect. Yes, I also think OZ fits in better with what Kubiak truly wants to do with his stretch run.
    Last edited by Broncoknight30; 08-30-2015 at 11:48 AM.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived Broncoknight30 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

I tend to agree with what you're saying and because of that, as I said last night I think it's only a matter of time before we see the offense morph back in to more of what made it to successful prior to the second half of last season. I think it'll transition to a lot more shot gun, a lot less rolling out (which I don't expect a lot of to begin with) and less ZBS.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Excuse me for posting in your thread. I will keep that in mind in the future.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by SR View Post
    Which is one of the things i pointed to in my initial post.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Manning has always been "one dimensional."
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Figure out quick...Carol (Denver native) is our mama bird here...do NOT disrespect her...under any circumstances. People are going to have different opinions and other facets, not directly tied to the original post will come up.

15. The Following 3 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I dont think Broncoknight disrespected her. He was only clearing up what his point was about.

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

Excuse me for posting in your thread. I will keep that in mind in the future.
    I marked the date, and I will keep that in mind too.

-13 yards

20. The Following 4 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    -13 yards
    I looked at the screen and went wait what does that really say -13.

Peyton looked much better in camp with his passes. He had no time and I mean no time on many of the his throws with the firsts. I love Max, but I'm so glad that they brought in Mathis.
    Getting Stoked

22. The Following User High Fived pnbronco For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoknight30 View Post
    I marked the date, and I will keep that in mind too.
    I hope you're joking because if not you sound like a real tool.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

24. The Following 3 Users High Fived spikerman For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information