Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone have experience with bug bites/spider bites?

Well my muscles are so huge anyway that they can't swell up any larger like you did my diaper Dan. But I am back from the doc and you were all correct. Some sort of blood infection resulting from the bite....I get to take some amazing antibiotics 4x a day for 10 days. The best news is they are guaranteed to provide explosive diharrea! Yay for venomous spiders!!

Camping tomorrow and my 4 fantasy football drafts this Saturday and Sunday should be super super fun! Every spider I see from here on out is on death row. No longer will I play catch and release. It's terminate on site.

***Edit- sorry dapper dan. I didnt mean to call you diaper dan, but its too funny to edit and change. So take solace in the fact that that was a hilarious type.
    Last edited by underrated29; 08-28-2015 at 05:34 PM.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

2. The Following 10 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SR View Post
    You got bit by a spider (or something) and thought to yourself "I'll ask BF"? Man. Natural selection hasn't done shit.
    Haha smart ass. Read the OP thoroughly then shove your natural selection up your reading challenged ass...

I'm sorry SR. I take that back. It's the pills. Can we still be friends? Lovers....?
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Haha smart ass. Read the OP thoroughly then shove your natural selection up your reading challenged ass... I'm sorry SR. I take that back. It's the pills. Can we still be friends? Lovers....?
    I read every post in this thread and am still baffled that your first instinct WAS NOT to go to the ER or urgent care. But thank the lord you came to BF to get medical advice right?
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I read every post in this thread and am still baffled that your first instinct WAS NOT to go to the ER or urgent care. But thank the lord you came to BF to get medical advice right?
    I'm just going to assume that my post gave him the kick in the pants he needed to go see a doc and in turn my gf saved his life.

You're welcome UR.

8. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Well my muscles are so huge anyway that they can't swell up any larger like you did my diaper Dan. But I am back from the doc and you were all correct. Some sort of blood infection resulting from the bite....I get to take some amazing antibiotics 4x a day for 10 days. The best news is they are guaranteed to provide explosive diharrea! Yay for venomous spiders!!

Camping tomorrow and my 4 fantasy football drafts this Saturday and Sunday should be super super fun! Every spider I see from here on out is on death row. No longer will I play catch and release. It's terminate on site.
    My policy with spiders in my house has always been that they are home invaders and must die. I'll let spiders live if they are out where they ought to be.

Anyway, glad you're not going to die and what not.

10. The Following 6 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Have you or anyone you've ever met gone to the ER for a bite/ sting not even confirmed from a spider? I haven't. So I researched my wound online....after a while and many posts and pictures I came to the conclusion it was a spider. However, there were people who posted pictures with nearly identical wounds and some were lymes disease and other were small blood clots....who knew, maybe a tick got me that I hadn't found?

So I came here to see if anyone here had had an experience like this to gauge their experience. I simultaneously emailed my doctor nearly the same post.
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

12. The Following 3 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

I'll post a pic tomorrow, it's rather bizarre. Doesn't look like those puffy black and dead spider bites you see but the venom trail is weird.
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    A spider bit my dick one time when I was younger and it swelled up pretty huge. It was like a tuna can.

15. The Following 3 Users High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Have you or anyone you've ever met gone to the ER for a bite/ sting not even confirmed from a spider? I haven't. So I researched my wound online....after a while and many posts and pictures I came to the conclusion it was a spider. However, there were people who posted pictures with nearly identical wounds and some were lymes disease and other were small blood clots....who knew, maybe a tick got me that I hadn't found? So I came here to see if anyone here had had an experience like this to gauge their experience. I simultaneously emailed my doctor nearly the same post.
    I went to the ER for a bite in 2004. I wasn't sure what got me but knew it hurt and could've been bad. Thank god I didn't **** around on the Internet for a day because it was a brown recluse bite.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

I went to the ER for a bite in 2004. I wasn't sure what got me but knew it hurt and could've been bad. Thank god I didn't **** around on the Internet for a day because it was a brown recluse bite.
    No shit? Wow. Doc didn't know if it was widow, recluse or hobo but they suspected it was one of them due to how it was spreading. I, unlike you, don't/didn't have any pain. No fever, shortness of breath, pain or anything. Just swelling and itching at the main bite site and the wound and the red trail are warm to the touch. Had this been somewhere that I wouldn't see easily I likely wouldn't have known.
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

18. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

Probably just laid some eggs in you. No biggie......until they hatch.

20. The Following User High Fived BigDaddyBronco For This Post:

No shit? Wow. Doc didn't know if it was widow, recluse or hobo but they suspected it was one of them due to how it was spreading. I, unlike you, don't/didn't have any pain. No fever, shortness of breath, pain or anything. Just swelling and itching at the main bite site and the wound and the red trail are warm to the touch. Had this been somewhere that I wouldn't see easily I likely wouldn't have known.
    My first thought was it was either a brown recluse or a hobo.

There would have likely been initial sickness symptoms from a black widow. However, a recluse or hobo bite just start to rot your flesh locally, like some kind of freaking leprosy.

22. The Following 3 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Is a hobo some kind of spider, because I'm legit thinking you guys are talking about getting bit by homeless bums.

24. The Following 4 Users High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

It is a spider. Often overlooked in these parts, I haven't looked up the hobo but if me,Roy serves correct the hobo is often mistaken as the brown recluse. In fact, when trying to identify a brown recluse it's easier to indentify why its not a recluse. Almost always it's a hobo spider. They are very similar in color and shape, aside from the violin part. The hobo I also think is a bit larger than the recluse and much much more common. Not as shy and not as prone to dark spaces and crevasse.

It is a legit spider and you have probably seen them before. They are creepier looking. Bigger, almost flatter and not as sleek as a widow but not as hairy as a Wolfe or jumping spider. This of course is from memory so I may be off on some but it's a bad new spider......likely my culprit. Their bites I know nothing about. So we will go with what Alwilson said.....I will learn about their bites as it's something I've never looked into.
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

26. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

It is a spider. Often overlooked in these parts, I haven't looked up the hobo but if me,Roy serves correct the hobo is often mistaken as the brown recluse. In fact, when trying to identify a brown recluse it's easier to indentify why its not a recluse. Almost always it's a hobo spider. They are very similar in color and shape, aside from the violin part. The hobo I also think is a bit larger than the recluse and much much more common. Not as shy and not as prone to dark spaces and crevasse.

It is a legit spider and you have probably seen them before. They are creepier looking. Bigger, almost flatter and not as sleek as a widow but not as hairy as a Wolfe or jumping spider. This of course is from memory so I may be off on some but it's a bad new spider......likely my culprit. Their bites I know nothing about. So we will go with what Alwilson said.....I will learn about their bites as it's something I've never looked into.
    From the looks of the innernets, I think the hobo spider is mostly in the west. I think the one I'm used to seeing is a Wolf Spider. I see them in hay a lot.

28. The Following User High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information