Thread: The stretch run and the bootleg play action.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

Default The stretch run and the bootleg play action.

First of all, I love a balanced offense. It is essential for a team if the goal is an actual championship. Let me put this way. Top 10 most prolific passing offenses in the history of the NFL, only ONE won the SB. Goes back to the day of air Coryel and Dan Marino offenses.

I have a concern about Peyton Manning's ability to run the bootleg. Which is actually pretty essential in Kubiak (west coast) stretch run offenses. It is necessary in order to cut off back side pursuit so multiple choices open up for the RB.

Here are the basics as shown by Alex Gibbs and the bread and butter for it to work optimally.

If you watch those plays, almost all of them Elway is representing bootleg. Watch how the back side needs to honor it. Gibbs makes comments about that, and how imperative it is.

I guess my concerns is Peyton Manning running that. Let us face it. Opposing defenses will be all that concerned. Then again you never know. Manning has certainly had a great play action game. Of course that is play action and dropping straight back. We will see.
    Last edited by Broncoknight30; 09-03-2016 at 09:49 AM.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information