Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Walmart is a public nusance in Beech Grove Indiana

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Wal-Mart THRIVES off subsidies. They wouldn't even open a store out here once because they refused to give them a subsidy. Check out this site: http://www.walmartsubsidywatch.org/
    This is hardly just a Walmart issue. Lots of large companies are given incentives to open their doors in a specific location. The company provides jobs and economic boosts where they are built, so many government municipalities use these subsidies to tempt the business to build in their state/region.

The reason I mention this, is because I don't want this to be about Walmart. Loving or hating Walmart, however justified, should not be the issue here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I want to be sympathetic, but one should not have sympathy for inauthentic sorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Its like Save the Rainforest. People aren't saying, 'F**ck those other forests', its just that this particular forest is in worse shape right now.

2. The Following User High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    This is hardly just a Walmart issue. Lots of large companies are given incentives to open their doors in a specific location. The company provides jobs and economic boosts where they are built, so many government municipalities use these subsidies to tempt the business to build in their state/region.

The reason I mention this, is because I don't want this to be about Walmart. Loving or hating Walmart, however justified, should not be the issue here.
    Understood, I was just responding to Davii's point. I'm outta heeere!

I once (or twice) acquired then illegal (now legal)...items....at a Colorado Springs Walmart, so I'm a dreg to society.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

If you were making 11 bucks an hour could you afford to opt in to employer health care even if they paid half?

My bad ninja. I'll shut up now.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    If you were making 11 bucks an hour could you afford to opt in to employer health care even if they paid half?
    Not sure what your point is.

Maybe they'd be better off unemployed?

8. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Yes.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

I should have some time tomorrow to sit at the computer and explain why I think the way I think about Wal Mart, Joe, but I'll post it in another thread so as not to continue the hi-jack.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Sorta reminds me of the time our fair city had a bar frequented by certain undesirables of African descent which was far-and-away the #1 site in the city for police calls and police arrests. Well, one cold night the bar went up in flames and the police were recorded celebrating the event on their police radios. When this made it onto television the African Descent Community screamed racism so loudly that the city decided to rebuild the bar at taxpayer expense.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information