Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Walmart is a public nusance in Beech Grove Indiana

Their employees are being subsidized by you and every other taxpaying American, Davii.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Their employees are being subsidized by you and every other taxpaying American, Davii.
    As are 95% of cashiers and stock boys regardless of which store they work in.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Just curious why, if that many crimes are happening at a particular location, the police aren't staking it out more. You know, increase their presence to deter crime? Isn't that what they'd normally do anyway?

4. The Following 5 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    “More than 99 percent of our associates earn above minimum wage,” he said. “In fact, the average hourly wage for our associates, both full and part-time, is an average of $11.83 per hour.”

He said the company had no internal figures to share on the number of workers receiving public assistance.

“The bottom line is Walmart provides associates with more opportunities for career growth and greater economic security for their families than other companies in America,” he said. “Our full and part-time workers get bonuses for store performance, access to a 401K-retirement plan, education and health benefits.”

Hargrove added that the number of Walmart employees receiving Medicaid is similar to the percentage for other large retailers — and comparable to the national average.

He pointed to a 2005 report by economist Jason Furman, now a White House adviser, describing Walmart’s Medicaid enrollment as “a reflection of [its] enormous size.”
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/clareoco...ic-assistance/

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Their numbers of employees outweigh everyone else by a huge margin.

But being on topic here, i agree with others, sounds like this store in particular needs to work with the police to come up with a better plan if they're to keep the store open.

That or do what the Germans did. Tell Wal Mart to get bent.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Their numbers of employees outweigh everyone else by a huge margin.

But being on topic here, i agree with others, sounds like this store in particular needs to work with the police to come up with a better plan if they're to keep the store open.

That or do what the Germans did. Tell Wal Mart to get bent.
    And? If a job is worth 11$/hr it's worth 11$/hr. whether I employ one person or 1 million people to do that job it's still worth 11$/hr.

9. The Following 5 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    How does it reinforce your point if the city is normal while Walmart gets an abnormal number of calls?
    Easy. Walmart is in the city. The city has a normal crime rate. Therefore, the crime rate is not exacerbated by Walmart, and is not causing any public nuisance. In other words, the crime would still be the same (normal) without Walmart. Or you claiming that without Walmart, criminals would magically reform themselves?

WalMart is making a massive profit. They feed enough off of the taxpayers. They can provide their own security.
    People keep saying security. Can you elaborate on what that is, and what it has to do with the criminal justice system?
    How does Walmart "feed off the taxpayers"? Reporting crimes to the police is a civic responsibility.

I have no idea how the store is the problem. You can volunteer to go find out. The city doesn't seem to be the problem.
    Exactly, you have no idea, yet keep asserting that it must be. Basically the same thing the Mayor is doing.

How can you justify WalMart NOT having private security if things are going on at an abnormal rate in their store? Shitty things are happening in their shitty store and they don't give a damn who is at risk because they still get a profit. Who shall we blame? The gawddamn city for getting tired of WalMarts ******* bullshit. If you have the money, you have a moral obligation to take care of whatever the **** is going on in your store and stop blaming the police. If the police are being forced to go to WalMart an abnormally excessive number of times then WalMart can pay a ******* fee or finally do something about it.
    I'm not justifying Walmart not having private security, and in fact, I know for certain that Walmart does employ private security. I still don't see private security as a replacement for a police force. Unless you live in a different country than I do, private security does not have the power to enforce laws, only to detain and protect property rights with limited force.

Who shall we blame for criminal activity? Call me old-fashioned, but I blame the criminals. You seem to want to blame some faceless corporate entity in the name of "Well, they make a profit and their stores are shitty", which seems at best, misplaced.

The police and/or government should not be deciding what is "excessive" in their willingness to enforce the laws. Period.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I want to be sympathetic, but one should not have sympathy for inauthentic sorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Its like Save the Rainforest. People aren't saying, 'F**ck those other forests', its just that this particular forest is in worse shape right now.

11. The Following User High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Walmart also pays a lot of taxes for their profits, so how do they feed off of taxpayers exactly? Are they subsidized somehow?

In this case I do believe Walmart should hire extra security. Every store here hires off duty cops for "detail". Not because anyone tells them they have to, but because customers prefer it and it makes the store a better place. Those off duty cops DO have the power to make arrests. It's a win win scenario.
    I don't disagree with this, and hiring off duty police to reduce the appeal of acting like a nutjob inside the store is probably a good idea, purely from a business standpoint. At the same time, I simply won't blame the victim. If someone is breaking the law, the police should handle it. That's their job, and they don't get to decide that they've dealt with too many crimes today, nor do they get to shakedown the public for protection money, which is essentially what this is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I want to be sympathetic, but one should not have sympathy for inauthentic sorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Its like Save the Rainforest. People aren't saying, 'F**ck those other forests', its just that this particular forest is in worse shape right now.

13. The Following User High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Nice to have the "voice of reason" back, ninja.

15. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I live right in between a Target, Whole Foods and WalMart. Each is less than a mile away from me. It is striking to see the different demographics in each store. You'd think they were located in different states. I have seen the cops parked out in front of WalMart on more than one occasion, but never the other two stores.

I am somewhere on the fence because I think the store is a reflection of the community - but no doubt it brings out the dregs of society.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I live right in between a Target, Whole Foods and WalMart. Each is less than a mile away from me. It is striking to see the different demographics in each store. You'd think they were located in different states. I have seen the cops parked out in front of WalMart on more than one occasion, but never the other two stores.

I am somewhere on the fence because I think the store is a reflection of the community - but no doubt it brings out the dregs of society.
    in
    I bet you go to Whole Foods and by chicken that is $17/lb because its fed some organic oats from the Balkans by virgin maidens in flowing robes
    2012: The Year that Mo Got Laid

18. The Following 4 Users High Fived Rex For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    in
    I bet you go to Whole Foods and by chicken that is $17/lb because its fed some organic oats from the Balkans by virgin maidens in flowing robes
    Yeah, I like to creep on the chicks in yoga pants while I decide which granola to buy.

I like to roll past the 5-deep "electronic payment only" line at WalMart too and flaunt all my cash. It makes me feel successful.

20. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Yeah, I like to creep on the chicks in yoga pants while I decide which granola to buy.

I like to roll past the 5-deep "electronic payment only" line at WalMart too and flaunt all my cash. It makes me feel successful.

You keep the 5s on the outside of the money roll!
    2012: The Year that Mo Got Laid

22. The Following User High Fived Rex For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Hi Rex. G.T.F.O./GFY.

tia.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Walmart also pays a lot of taxes for their profits, so how do they feed off of taxpayers exactly? Are they subsidized somehow?

In this case I do believe Walmart should hire extra security. Every store here hires off duty cops for "detail". Not because anyone tells them they have to, but because customers prefer it and it makes the store a better place. Those off duty cops DO have the power to make arrests. It's a win win scenario.
    Wal-Mart THRIVES off subsidies. They wouldn't even open a store out here once because they refused to give them a subsidy. Check out this site: http://www.walmartsubsidywatch.org/

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information