Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: meanwhile in Canada

Default meanwhile in Canada

A B.C. family is grateful to be alive after waking up to find a hungry grizzly bear feasting in their kitchen.

Mark Traverse of Kimberley, B.C., shot and killed a grizzly bear in his kitchen after the family dog's non-stop barking woke his wife up early on Sunday morning. (Niki Traverse)

When Niki Traverse's small Jack Russell terrier Sid wouldn't stop barking at 5 a.m. Sunday, she knew something was wrong.

"My dog was at our bedroom door going crazy. Losing his mind. I've never heard him bark like that," said Traverse, who lives in the small mountain community with her husband and 13-year-old son. Kimberley is in southeastern B.C.'s Kootenay region.

So she put on her robe and went to see what was going on.

When she stepped in to the kitchen Traverse saw the outline of a large male grizzly bear.

It had pushed in a screen and climbed through a window which the family had left open because of the warm weather.

"It started eating cat food and dog food. Didn't even touch the garbage," she said.

ReadMore: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/britis...home-1.3185310

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived weazel For This Post:

B.C. woman hits moose on way to visit sister who hit moose

Two sisters from the northwestern B.C. community of Kitimat have both had close encounters with moose on the loose.

A month ago, Yvonne Studley, 49, was badly injured when she hit a moose with her vehicle, so last Friday her sister decided to visit her in Vancouver General Hospital.

But sister Connie Everitt, 51, also hit a moose and ended up in hospital.

In the first accident a month ago, Studley was on her way home from a business trip when a moose ran in front of her car.

The animal went through the windshield and landed on her, breaking her wrist, arm and hand, fracturing five of her ribs and causing bleeding in her brain.

The pregnant moose died near the collision.

When Studley came out of her coma, Everitt and her husband Steve decided to visit her.

She and her husband were in two cars last Friday afternoon. Everitt, in the first car, was going around a corner near 70 Mile House, B.C., when she saw “a brown blur.”

“I knew right away it was a moose,” she said. “I slammed on the brakes with both my feet.”

“It was like two explosions.”

She was taken to the hospital in nearby 100 Mile House, B.C., with mostly soft-tissue injuries.

The coincidence of hitting a moose just like her sister “really threw me for a loop.”

“My first thought was, ‘Are the moose going out [on a] hunting season for my family?”’ Everitt said.

Moose are involved in about 8% of all wildlife vehicle collisions, according to the Wildlife Collision Prevention Program’s website.

Read More: http://news.nationalpost.com/news/ca...-who-hit-moose

Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

4. The Following User High Fived weazel For This Post:

Dave is gonna hate this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

Well the dumb girls should know you dont brake you Ram the fukker and aim for the head or the ass. Anything else and you likely end up dead or in the hospital. Just like her sister.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

“I slammed on the brakes with both my feet.”

Typical woman driver.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Am I reading this right? So, the town she hit the moose in was named "70 Mile House" and the hospital was located in "100 mile house"?

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    “I slammed on the brakes with both my feet.” Typical woman driver.
    Her left foot was probably on the brake pedal the whole time anyway.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

11. The Following 6 Users High Fived SR For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Am I reading this right? So, the town she hit the moose in was named "70 Mile House" and the hospital was located in "100 mile house"?
    I didn't read the whole thing but yeah that sounds about right. Basically these places are in remote areas and are barely big enough to be called towns. They were at one time just housing areas for the crews that built the train tracks when they were building the mountain passes back in the day. Because they aren't really big towns and dont really have municipal Government, they have no need to make town names. Plus they're all hillbillies and think the names are cool.

13. The Following User High Fived weazel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I believe there have been multiple people put in the hospital this year because they tried to take selfies with bison at Yellowstone.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

15. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I believe there have been multiple people put in the hospital this year because they tried to take selfies with bison at Yellowstone.
    When I went to Yellowstone I was amazed at how many dumb people there were who would get way too close. It made me want to run up behind them with an airhorn and then watch the chaos unfold.

17. The Following 7 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

When I went to Yellowstone I was amazed at how many dumb people there were who would get way too close. It made me want to run up behind them with an airhorn and then watch the chaos unfold.
    yeah, we seen that there as well. We get that here in Banff too.

Which reminds me...

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    yeah, we seen that there as well. We get that here in Banff too. Which reminds me... YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkW-EAkClbE
    Banff, is that near med hat

Banff, is that near med hat
    just over 400 KM away... Medicine Hat is in a dry desert area and Banff is in the mountains though... so although not really far away, very different. I live in between the two, 3 hours from Banff and 2 from Med. Hat.

Hitchbot Destroyed... You ********! The thing made it across Canada, Germany and the Netherlands lasting forever without incident but couldn't make it two weeks in the USA before some ******* smashes it up.

HitchBOT, a friendly hitchhiking robot that became famous on social media during its travels through Canada and Europe has been destroyed while on a trip across the United States.
    “Unfortunately, hitchBOT was vandalized overnight in Philadelphia,” the robot’s creators said in a statement on Saturday. “Sometimes bad things happen to good robots.”

HitchBOT was designed by a team of Canadian researchers as a social experiment to explore the relationship between humans and technology.
    McMaster University's David Smith and Ryerson University's Frauke Zeller said they created the robot in an attempt to answer the questions: “Can we trust robots?” and “Can robots trust human beings?”
    Smith and Zeller would soon find out.
    In 2014, hitchBOT set out from Halifax on a cross-Canada tour that ended in Victoria, B.C. Though there were fears hitchBOT would be destroyed or kidnapped along its unaccompanied trek, the robot reached the West Coast relatively unscathed, thanks to the kindness of strangers who provided rides and sometimes, lodging.
    Apart from a tune-up in Toronto and a small crack in the clear plastic part of its head, no medical care was required.
    The robot couldn’t move by itself, with the exception of its hitchhiking arm and finger, and was therefore dependent on the goodwill of strangers, Zeller told CTV News Channel in 2014 interview.

Read and see more pictures: http://www.ctvnews.ca/sci-tech/hitch...tour-1.2498653

In Dawson City, Yukon you can order a shot with a human toe in it. Grab yourself a Sour Toe Cocktail.

http://downtownhotel.ca/sourtoe-cocktail/

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information