Thread: Windows 10

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Default Windows 10

Has anyone upgraded yet? If so, do you recommend that others who still have Windows 8 do so as well?
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Ive done the upgrades to all my computers. I havent played with it too much (the apps) but i do like it better than 7 and 8 in terms of layout. Much smoother on the system ram and memory as well.

3. The Following 3 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

I love it. I've had an evaluation copy for months. There were bugs. But still awesome. I upgraded to the released version and it seems bug free and still awesome.

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Sounds like I'll go ahead and upgrade tonight

7. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Sounds like I'll go ahead and upgrade tonight
    Only took an hour for me.

Can you upgrade directly from 7 to 10?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by olathebroncofan View Post
    Can you upgrade directly from 7 to 10?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Ive done the upgrades to all my computers. I havent played with it too much (the apps) but i do like it better than 7 and 8 in terms of layout. Much smoother on the system ram and memory as well.
    I have a rinky dink laptop which I use as a glorified word processor. I will appreciate this greatly.

12. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

I'm in the middle of my upgrade. Included on my screen right now is instructions to, "Sit back and relax."

I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

14. The Following User High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Upgrade complete! So far, my computer hasn't exploded. Time to go through my various programs to see how well they work.

I upgraded around October. A lot more polished now than it was then.

Still a few things to work out but they did a decent job trying to bridge tablet and desktop use and it's mostly stable.

17. The Following 3 Users High Fived Rick For This Post:

Another nice feature for those of you that own and Xbox One and have upgraded to Windows 10, you can now stream your Xbox games to your windows 10 device, so long as on same network.

Unfortunately at this time you can't multitask with it, so if you are using your Xbox one as a media center to manage your direct TV, etc, while you stream no one would be able to use the Xbox one for Netflix, direct TV, whatever.

I bought this from Amazon, http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o01_s00, which I have the direct TV as the in to the spitter, and then I have 1 of the outs going to the TV and 1 to the Xbox one, and then the out on the Xbox one also going to the TV, so if I want to stream and let family also watch direct TV I can change the hdmi input on the TV so it shows the output from the splitter instead of output from Xbox one.

The Xbox one blue ray cannot stream at this time, but if you use the splitter or one similar that I posted that strips HDCP, you can stream direct TV to the windows 10 device as well as your games.

Download the Xbox app from the store, not the smart glass app. Do a search on the net on how to stream with it, lots of articles.

*http://www.windowscentral.com/how-to...mes-windows-10*
    Last edited by Rick; 08-02-2015 at 08:26 PM. Reason: link.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information