Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Report: OT Jake Long to meet with Broncos

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Report: OT Jake Long to meet with Broncos

According to New York Daily News NFL and Giants columnist Ralph Vacchiano, tackle Jake Long will visit with the Broncos.

Long, the former No. 1 overall draft pick who was released by the Rams in March, reportedly made his second visit with the Giants on Wednesday and met with the Falcons on Tuesday. The Broncos will cap his NFL meetings, Vacchiano reports.

A standout lineman at the University of Michigan, Long was a consensus first-team All-American in 2006 and then a unanimous first-team All-American in 2007, leading to his selection by the Dolphins as the first overall pick in the 2008 NFL Draft.
    rest - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...c-e85047b64c62

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Already posted
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by SR View Post
    Already posted
    they should move that thread here, then. . . this is interesting enough for the "front page" this time of year. . .

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    i don't see it anywhere. . .
    http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/...roncos-tonight

5. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

they should move that thread here, then. . . this is interesting enough for the "front page" this time of year. . .

Draft Forum.

Adopted Bronco:

I posted it in Broncos Talk, as it is related to the Broncos, and did not realize it had been posted in Draft and Free Agency. I reported this to be deleted, and maybe it will, and maybe it won't.

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

8. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    I posted it in Broncos Talk, as it is related to the Broncos, and did not realize it had been posted in Draft and Free Agency. I reported this to be deleted, and maybe it will, and maybe it won't.

10. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

I posted it in the draft / free agency forum, but it showed up for me on the home page after that. Did it not show up for everyone else? I wasn't sure if it would be visible, but once I saw it there, I figured it was all good.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    I posted it in the draft / free agency forum, but it showed up for me on the home page after that. Did it not show up for everyone else? I wasn't sure if it would be visible, but once I saw it there, I figured it was all good.
    I always browse the forum by "new posts" so I never know which subforum anything is in. I thought everyone did that.

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I always browse the forum by "new posts" so I never know which subforum anything is in. I thought everyone did that.
    I usually start with the home page, because (I think) it has Bronco-only related stories. After that I noodle around. I guess everyone kind of does things their own way. I wonder if there's a way to simplify everything.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

I do that too
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Well, the chances that Denver signs Jake Long just went up significantly.
    The Falcons had Jake Long in for a visit this week, but he went on to meet with other teams and the Falcons have signed another free agent offensive tackle on Wednesday.

The team announced that DeMarcus Love is the newest member of the roster.
    The Giants remain a possibility, but he left there on Wednesday without a contract:
    The Giants had Jake Long in for a second visit on Wednesday as they consider their options in the wake of left tackle Will Beatty’s torn pectoral, but the Giants aren’t the only team that lost a player at that spot to injury this offseason.

It will probably come down to which team offers Long more money between Denver and NYG. Long would instantly become favored to start in Denver since his only competition is a rookie. They might offer him something like a $2 million contract, with incentives for every game he starts, incentives for winning the AFC Championship, winning the SB, etc. Peyton has such incentives in his contract, as do others.

I personally never do that. Don't really care to skim headlines of posts in forums I seldom go to. I always start out in Broncos Talk, then might glance into 1 or 2 others.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    I think you and Carol should mud wrestle to determine whose thread gets to stay.

Adopted Bronco:

Default Jake Long visits Broncos, not signing at this time

After visiting with free-agent left tackle Jake Long, the Broncos elected not to sign him on Thursday.

The Broncos are interested in creating competition and adding experience on the offensive line. Long, a former 2008 No. 1 draft pick of the Miami Dolphins is a free agent coming off back-to-back torn anterior cruciate ligament injuries. He has been making the rounds, patiently considering his options as he tries to find the best fit. He visited the Atlanta Falcons on Tuesday, followed by a second in-person discussion with the New York Giants on Wednesday before leaving without a contract.

The Broncos have question marks at the tackle position after a season-ending knee injury to Ryan Clady in the offseason. Clady is the longest-tenured Bronco and made four Pro Bowls, including last season after returning from a Lisfranc foot injury.
    rest = http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...help-offensive

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information