Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: WWE fires Hulk Hogan

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

Default WWE fires Hulk Hogan

Update at 11:45 a.m.: In a statement made to People following his termination from WWE on Friday, Hulk Hogan apologized for "offensive language" he used during a private conversation eight years ago that was apparently caught on film.

"It was unacceptable for me to have used that offensive language; there is no excuse for it; and I apologize for having done it," Hogan told the magazine.

"This is not who I am. I believe very strongly that every person in the world is important and should not be treated differently based on race, gender, orientation, religious beliefs or otherwise. I am disappointed with myself that I used language that is offensive and inconsistent with my own beliefs."

Hogan's apology comes on the heels of two tabloids releasing Friday what is purportedly a transcript of Hogan making racist comments in a video that is the crux of a lawsuit between Hogan and Gawker Media.

Original story:

WWE and the most recognizable and popular professional wrestler in the history have ended their relationship with the company officially announcing Friday it has "terminated its contract" with Hulk Hogan.

While the exact reason for the sudden decision is a mystery at this time, WWE released a statement Friday morning after unceremoniously removing Hogan references from its website and taking him off his judging position on its Tough Enough television program.

"WWE terminated its contract with Terry Bollea (aka Hulk Hogan). WWE is committed to embracing and celebrating individuals from all backgrounds as demonstrated by the diversity of our employees, performers and fans worldwide," the company said in an official statement sent to CBSSports.com on Friday.

Prior to the announcement of his termination, Hogan sent out a cryptic tweet.

Follow

Hulk HoganVerified account
    ‏@HulkHogan
    In the storm I release control,God and his Universe will sail me where he wants me to be,one love. HH

Hogan was signed with WWE under a Legends contract, which mostly paid him to be a promotional tool for the company while allowing it to sell his merchandise. Hogan has hosted WrestleMania, supported charities with which WWE is involved, and made other appearances as part of the three-year deal, which began in 2014.

As of late, Hogan's primary role with WWE was serving as one of three judges on Tough Enough, a reality-based competition airing weekly on USA Network where he, Daniel Bryan and Paige help decide which amateur wrestler will win $250,000 and a developmental contract with WWE.

In order to remove Hogan from its website, WWE had to pull photos, articles and merchandise, as well as some live tour information. His likeness can still be found in highlight videos and on the WWE Network, mostly from old footage from past events.
    http://www.cbssports.com/general/eye...-cryptic-tweet

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I was already lost on him when he was messing around with one of his daughters teen friends. This has sealed my dislike for the guy and i think this totally destroys his legacy. Too bad.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

They were talking about this on the Jason Ellis show today. Pretty screwed up dude.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Pro wrestling is no place for immoral behavior.

5. The Following User High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

Terrible, he was the GOAT heel in WCW as Hollywood Hogan

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

I never knew the thing about his daughters friend - what a cretin.

As for the racism thing - does anyone know exactly what he said, because at the minute, i kinda feel bad for him. If he was having a conversation in private 8 years ago, and jsut used a racist term - the context could be getting taken out of proportion......OR maybe he is a hideous paedophile racist in which case, i remove my defense for him immediately!

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I never knew the thing about his daughters friend - what a cretin. As for the racism thing - does anyone know exactly what he said, because at the minute, i kinda feel bad for him. If he was having a conversation in private 8 years ago, and jsut used a racist term - the context could be getting taken out of proportion......OR maybe he is a hideous paedophile racist in which case, i remove my defense for him immediately!
    Unsure if there's audio but I saw this. http://radaronline.com/celebrity-new...ape-wrestling/

The WWE didn't need to scrub him out of existence but it's reminds of the Michael Richards deal.

Unsure what my thoughts are. Based on his very limited remaining status I'm not sure this is particularly noteworthy. "Washed-up wrestling legend doesn't want his daughter having sex with African Americans - recorded dropping numerous n-bombs" - meh.
    Last edited by tomjonesrocks; 07-25-2015 at 04:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

9. The Following User High Fived tomjonesrocks For This Post:

Well, his status was big enough to warrant having business dealings with the WWE, and he still makes plenty of money off of his likeness and personality.

I think it more reads 'Former icon and disgraced idol has legacy tarnished as former employer and borderline monopolyesque company purges him from their records."

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

who cares - he was no brett hart.

Brett Hart an overrated talent with a shitty persona.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Brett Hart an overrated talent with a shitty persona.
    Take that back - he is the best there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be.

14. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    Take that back - he is the best there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be.
    Shawn Michaels, Kevin Nash, and his brother carried him. He left the WWF for a shit ton of money at WCW and get facekicked in the grill by Goldberg, thus ending his career.

He is, was, and always will be a whining petulant child.

With the WWE closing their Hogan store, where will DenBronx take advantage of the deep discounts on Hulkamania gear?
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

I'll always be a Hulkamaniac.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    With the WWE closing their Hogan store, where will DenBronx take advantage of the deep discounts on Hulkamania gear?
    He doesn't need discounts, remember?
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived SR For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information