Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Derek Wolfe suspended four games for PED use

Default Derek Wolfe suspended four games for PED use

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 11m11 minutes ago

Denver DE Derek Wolfe suspended 4 games for violating NFL’s Performance-Enhancing Drug policy. Suspension Friday continues (no Brady news).

STATEMENT RELEASED ON BEHALF OF DEREK WOLFE

"Please allow me to offer my most sincere apology to everyone in the Broncos organization, and especially to my teammates and our fans. During the off-season I took a medication which is on the banned substance list. The medication is not a substance which would enhance my on-field performance in any way, and I genuinely was unaware that it was prohibited, but players are responsible for what is in their bodies. I will certainly exercise far greater caution in the future and will seek advice relating to the permissibility of any and all medications. I’m very disappointed that I can’t help my team for the first four weeks of the season, but I look forward to a great season with the Broncos and can't wait to get back on the field in week five."

-- Derek Wolfe

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

The Antonio Smith and Vance Walker acquisitions suddenly make more sense.

Shouldn't he be able to get it reduced to 2 games since it's the first time he's been in trouble?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I hate this team at times......

6. The Following 4 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    The Antonio Smith and Vance Walker acquisitions suddenly make more sense.
    Except Smith is in limbo given his current situation.

Going back to the "who do we keep?" game - Jackson takes an early edge on Wolfe before the season even starts.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

While I believe Wolfe is sincere like he said he's still responsible for his actions.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

The unfortunate part is that his performance was never actually enhanced.

Makes sense how he was able to put 30 pounds back on in a short period.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    The unfortunate part is that his performance was never actually enhanced.

Makes sense how he was able to put 30 pounds back on in a short period.
    He said he took during the offseason. Which one this one or the one they just completed?

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Derek Wolfe suspended for violation of league policy

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- The Broncos will lose defensive end Derek Wolfe to a four-game suspension for a violation of the NFL's policy on performance-enhancing drugs, the league announced Friday.

Wolfe can remain with the team throughout training camp and the preseason, but will begin serving his suspension on Sept. 5 at 2 p.m. MDT, when the roster must be trimmed to 53 players. He cannot return to the team until Monday, Oct. 5, one day after the Broncos' Week 4 game against the Minnesota Vikings.

In a statement, Wolfe offered his "most sincere apology" to the Broncos organization, teammates and fans. He noted that the suspension was caused by medication that he took.

"During the offseason I took a medication which is on the banned substance list," he said in the statement. "The medication is not a substance which would enhance my on-field performance in any way and I genuinely was unaware that it was prohibited, but players are responsible for what is in their bodies.

"I will certainly exercise far greater caution in the future and will seek advice relating to the permissibility of any and all medications."

Without Wolfe, a greater burden will fall upon a group of defensive ends led by veterans Malik Jackson and Vance Walker.
    rest - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...4-63de636dfc0b

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:

Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 1h

Vic Lombardi retweeted Zombyboy

No. Wolfe only Bronco. Other NFL players to follow.

Vic Lombardi added,

@VicLombardi That stinks. Really disappointing. But, to clarify, are you saying that there are more suspensions coming for Broncos players?

Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 1h

NFL sources: Broncos Derek Wolfe suspended 4 games for PED violation. Other NFL suspensions coming down as well.

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 1h1 hour ago

No charges have been filed on Antonio smith. As of now I expect in camp. If not team would likely have to cut. Otherwise can file grievance

Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 1h1 hour ago

Once a suspension (like Wolfe's) is announced by league/team, it means appeal is over (or didn't happen).

Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 59m59 minutes ago

All players have access to direct email/phone to doctor that operates drug program for questions about substances. Ignorance not an excuse.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 51m51 minutes ago

A potential beneficiary of the Wolfe suspension: Kenny Anunike. Opens a spot up front on the post-camp 53; w/ a strong camp it could be his.

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 1h1 hour ago

No charges have been filed on Antonio smith. As of now I expect in camp. If not team would likely have to cut. Otherwise can file grievance

Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 1h1 hour ago

Once a suspension (like Wolfe's) is announced by league/team, it means appeal is over (or didn't happen).

Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 59m59 minutes ago

All players have access to direct email/phone to doctor that operates drug program for questions about substances. Ignorance not an excuse.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 51m51 minutes ago

A potential beneficiary of the Wolfe suspension: Kenny Anunike. Opens a spot up front on the post-camp 53; w/ a strong camp it could be his.
    Yeah it does give player Anunike an opportunity but I don't if he's better than Wolfe.

Adopted Bronco:

But the biggest challenge for the defensive line without Wolfe could come against the run. The Broncos' new 3-4 alignment will face some challenges in an opening four-game stretch that includes three elite running backs: Baltimore's Justin Forsett, Kansas City's Jamaal Charles and Minnesota's Adrian Peterson.

With formidable runners like those on the docket, some of the task of replacing Wolfe against the run will fall on the Broncos' linebackers and safeties. The inside linebackers will have to engage with more interior offensive linemen than they did last year in the 4-3 alignment, so the Broncos will need outside linebackers Von Miller, DeMarcus Ware and Shane Ray and safety T.J. Ward to be active and aggressive against the run.

Replacing Wolfe's production -- especially against the run -- will take a collective effort, but with Jackson up front and Pro Bowlers at linebacker and safety, the Broncos should be up to it.
    http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...4-63de636dfc0b

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

We can just start Austin at NT and move Sly to DE in base packages if the situation against the run is really that dire. I wouldn't sell Antonio Smith short however

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

what a moron

i dont believe him for a second, surely no one can be that stupid.

"hmm, i am a professional athlete, i need some medication, hmmmm maybe i could ask one of the many doctors i have access to in connection with my profession......nah, i will just take some other shit that i dont really know what it is or what it does"

19. The Following 5 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information