Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: agap's automotive thread q and a

Can't go wrong with a Taco. The new Wranglers are super badass if you want a SUV.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

2. The Following User High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Hot sexy ****in car bro
    If Ford Edges are your thing
    Thats the MKX not Z.

Hows your Chevy Traverse lol

Even imports whole brands are badge engineered.
    Last edited by Shazam!; 06-18-2019 at 06:13 AM.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Thats the MKX not Z.

Platform is shared with the Equinox and Terrain. You could say they're cousins.

At least GM uses completely different body panels, engines, and transmissions. Ford puts nice seats, a different grill, and a Lincoln badge on a car and raises the price 20k.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Thats the MKX not Z.

At least GM uses completely different body panels, engines, and transmissions. Ford puts nice seats, a different grill, and a Lincoln badge on a car and raises the price 20k.
    So does Lincoln. All thats the same is the chassis and *maybe the doors?

They have different suspensions, front ends, hoods, rear gates and even different glass and windshields.

Acuras are Hondas, Infiniti is Nissan, Lexus is Toyota, etc.

Even many pricey German imports are badge engineered VWs.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Thats the MKX not Z.

Equinox and Terrain are shit

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Btw ftr

I know im a Ford/Lincoln even Mercury guy but i was led to Ford after so many horrific incidents with many GM brands even Cadillac.

Didnt have such a good experience with imports either (Nissan! Grrrr).

Never experienced a lot of the issues with Ford/Lincolns that i had before. Build quality in my exp far superior to GM.

Even the Escalade didn't impress me. Next to a Navigator, even down to the door handles all seemed better made in the Lincoln.

That is all.

8. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

I thought GM's vehicles from Chevy all the way to Cadillac mostly shared engines? I know the trucks for sure do. GM sucks though. After owning that Sierra for three years I can safely say I'll never own another GM vehicle again.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by SR View Post

I thought GM's vehicles from Chevy all the way to Cadillac mostly shared engines? I know the trucks for sure do. GM sucks though. After owning that Sierra for three years I can safely say I'll never own another GM vehicle again.
    I had a Sierra at work and it was garbage.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Yep. I went from a 2014 Tundra Platinum to a 2015 Sierra SLT and right back to a Tundra Platinum. I do like the 2500 Sierras, but wouldn't buy one over a Ram 2500. Don't like the F-250s much.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by SR View Post
    Yep. I went from a 2014 Tundra Platinum to a 2015 Sierra SLT and right back to a Tundra Platinum. I do like the 2500 Sierras, but wouldn't buy one over a Ram 2500. Don't like the F-250s much.
    Ram w/Big Horn or other high trim level very impressive. Chryslers big trucks and SUVs pretty nice

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

I'm not a proponent of any particular brand TBH. I buy what's best at that time as every manufacturer and model have their ebbs and flows, hits and misses.

Currently, the XT4 is doing very well, offers by far the best value in class, and I was able to get an OEM bumper to bumper 10yr 100k mile warranty.

Over 4 months I literally drove every vehicle in the class, even a Maserati SUV. I drove the Nautilus, MKZ, BMW X1 2 and 3, Infiniti, Volvo XC40 and 50, Range Rover Evoque and Sport, Jaguar E and F pace, Explorer, Audi Q3, Benz GL3, I know I'm missing a few.... oh the Lexus hybrid was pretty nice, as was the Porsche Cayenne, but ultimately the four that made our shortlist were all great value (X1, XC40, XT4, and Lexus) but the Cadillac stood out with the warranty and value (options/price).

I went to the Ford/Lincoln dealership my father in law has worked at for almost 20 years and the sales manager I've known for 8 years looked at the offer I had on the XT4 and said he can't beat it, can't touch the warranty, and would be about 4k over the price with those options INCLUDING the employee discount.

So, sorry to rain on your parade Shazam but I'm not a brand adherent jackass, I do my homework, and pick the best vehicle for my money so you can shove your "if you're buying should've got the car I want" comments up your Lincoln's tailpipe.

14. The Following 4 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

I'm not a proponent of any particular brand TBH. I buy what's best at that time as every manufacturer and model have their ebbs and flows, hits and misses.

Currently, the XT4 is doing very well, offers by far the best value in class, and I was able to get an OEM bumper to bumper 10yr 100k mile warranty.

Over 4 months I literally drove every vehicle in the class, even a Maserati SUV. I drove the Nautilus, MKZ, BMW X1 2 and 3, Infiniti, Volvo XC40 and 50, Range Rover Evoque and Sport, Jaguar E and F pace, Explorer, Audi Q3, Benz GL3, I know I'm missing a few.... oh the Lexus hybrid was pretty nice, as was the Porsche Cayenne, but ultimately the four that made our shortlist were all great value (X1, XC40, XT4, and Lexus) but the Cadillac stood out with the warranty and value (options/price).

I went to the Ford/Lincoln dealership my father in law has worked at for almost 20 years and the sales manager I've known for 8 years looked at the offer I had on the XT4 and said he can't beat it, can't touch the warranty, and would be about 4k over the price with those options INCLUDING the employee discount.

So, sorry to rain on your parade Shazam but I'm not a brand adherent jackass, I do my homework, and pick the best vehicle for my money so you can shove your "if you're buying should've got the car I want" comments up your Lincoln's tailpipe.
    Dav relax dont get your panties in a bunch. I like Fords but im not a brand ambassador. Just getting to your badge engineering reference.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Dav relax dont get your panties in a bunch. I like Fords but im not a brand ambassador. Just getting to your badge engineering reference.
    Yeah, you're not a "brand ambassador"..... riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

17. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Yeah, you're not a "brand ambassador"..... riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight
    Sure I have preferences, doesn't everyone

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Sure I have preferences, doesn't everyone
    I prefer the best value/ratings/warranty.

If Lincoln could offer that two weeks ago I'd own one. They couldn't and can't.

Now, if you go buy one and post a photo of it here I'd say something like, "good shit man, hope you love it!" rather than something like, "man, you could've bought my preference in cars instead of that pile of shit".

Nuance in conversation, I know it's hard to understand when you come across as an ass.

20. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information