Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: agap's automotive thread q and a

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    When was that and what year/model Cadillac?

There have been some shit Cadillacs made just as there have been some shit Lincolns and shit Acuras. The 80s and early 90s were particularly bad. Cadillac cars fare very well in consumer reports, the SUVs not so much, the Escalade drags the brand numbers down.

The CT6 is a great car. A better value than its German counterparts and a better drive than the Japanese imports. Reliability is good, initial quality is quite high, and the warranty if you do have issues is rock solid.
    I wish they had a bigger one. I saw rumors of a CT8. Like in the same class at the 7 series.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Worst cars i ever owned were Cadillac.
    When was that and what year/model Cadillac?

There have been some shit Cadillacs made just as there have been some shit Lincolns and shit Acuras. The 80s and early 90s were particularly bad. Cadillac cars fare very well in consumer reports, the SUVs not so much, the Escalade drags the brand numbers down.

The CT6 is a great car. A better value than its German counterparts and a better drive than the Japanese imports. Reliability is good, initial quality is quite high, and the warranty if you do have issues is rock solid.
    I had 2 older DeVilles back in the day that were probably built on a Monday. HT4100 was shit. Shit broke on these cars that i have never heard of breaking. Low milage cars that ran good but just fell apart.

I later had Lincolns from the same years and they were far, far superior in every possible way.

*I know they were older models but they were less than 10 years old and had less then 100k
    Last edited by Shazam!; 09-25-2018 at 09:55 AM.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Cadillac has been making very fine automobiles for several years now.

4. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Canmore View Post
    Well, it would be nice. Ideally, you would replace the catalytic converter (it's an 09, miles?) and everything behind it with a freer flowing exhaust system. Now you are dealing with both ends.
    It’s an 09 with 83k miles on it. The motor is still really strong. It was babied by original owner

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Vance Joseph was made on a Monday.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    I wish they had a bigger one. I saw rumors of a CT8. Like in the same class at the 7 series.
    Take a look at interior measurements, the CT6 actually has 5 more inches of front legroom than the 7 series does.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

My dad has the ATS, 4 cylinder with turbo. It is a really fun car to drive!

9. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    My dad has the ATS, 4 cylinder with turbo. It is a really fun car to drive!
    That's what we have, that thing screams. Absolute blast to drive and only one issue in 5 years that was easily resolved by warranty and wasn't a big deal at all.

The CT6 has an available twin turbo v6. Same one you can get in the ATS-V. I drove an ATS-V.... good God that car was FUN.

11. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Davii, should I put a cold air intake on my F150? I’ve heard mixed things. Some love it, and some say it gets oil in your intake. One suggested I get an AEM(?).

13. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Davii, should I put a cold air intake on my F150? I’ve heard mixed things. Some love it, and some say it gets oil in your intake. One suggested I get an AEM(?).
    Oil gets in the intake on stock as well, one of the breaks of emissions standards. Your engine is designed to burn oil vapor. You can make your motor last a lot longer by putting on an oil catch can system on the crankcase vent. That will also keep oil out of your air cleaner whether stock or aftermarket.

If you've done exhaust you will see more benefit from doing a better following intake as well. In short, I would recommend it but only if you're also going to add an oil catch can. I would recommend doing a catch can whether you change air intakes or not.

Thanks Davii.

16. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Oil gets in the intake on stock as well, one of the breaks of emissions standards. Your engine is designed to burn oil vapor. You can make your motor last a lot longer by putting on an oil catch can system on the crankcase vent. That will also keep oil out of your air cleaner whether stock or aftermarket.

If you've done exhaust you will see more benefit from doing a better following intake as well. In short, I would recommend it but only if you're also going to add an oil catch can. I would recommend doing a catch can whether you change air intakes or not.
    Can you idiot proof this for me Davii? Is he crankcase vent where the pc valve is? Is that what returns unused fuel back to the intake?

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Take a look at interior measurements, the CT6 actually has 5 more inches of front legroom than the 7 series does.
    Whoa. What about the backseat.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

I'll be grabbing a preowned Navigator in a few weeks. I post pics when i get it
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    I'll be grabbing a preowned Navigator in a few weeks. I post pics when i get it
    that's a nice ****** car

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information