Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15

Thread: agap's automotive thread q and a

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

I think Exxon Mobil and Shell disagree.

https://money.cnn.com/2017/07/05/technology/electric-cars-vs-gas-cars/index.html
    Last edited by Shazam!; 06-21-2019 at 04:38 PM.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    I think Exxon Mobil and Shell disagree.

https://money.cnn.com/2017/07/05/tec...ars/index.html
    I can’t read the link. Seeing the title of article, we’re talking aircraft like a fighter jet, or passenger jet.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    UR.....I don’t believe humans will ever revolutionize the airplane to electric, or any other energy other than jet fuel. Perhaps if they have help from ET
    well my friend it will have to happen sooner than later. There are only so many dead dinos we can burn. Maybe they go for dead humans ? I think theyll just go electric or whatever form (Hydrogen, electric, something new) etc. It is going to happen. And like I quoted, a cube beats a square, every single time. No matter what. It just does. So, eventually someone will use that and build some things and they will go.

We see it on a small scale with drones and such. I am not saying an electric passenger jet will happen in the next 20 years, that is ambitious, but by the time our kids or grandkids are about I can def see it making its way in, much like the EV is in cars right now.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    well my friend it will have to happen sooner than later. There are only so many dead dinos we can burn. Maybe they go for dead humans ? I think theyll just go electric or whatever form (Hydrogen, electric, something new) etc. It is going to happen. And like I quoted, a cube beats a square, every single time. No matter what. It just does. So, eventually someone will use that and build some things and they will go.

We see it on a small scale with drones and such. I am not saying an electric passenger jet will happen in the next 20 years, that is ambitious, but by the time our kids or grandkids are about I can def see it making its way in, much like the EV is in cars right now.
    Here's a nice article on it. In a nutshell, even if the technology existed now and every plane made staring tomorrow were electric it would take three decades to phase out typical jet aircraft.

Since we're nowhere near that, maybe we START phasing out jet fuel aircraft in a decade but then count on three more for total replacement. Let's say 40-50 years at the earliest.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Creation of the battery, charging the battery (which still requires fossil fuel and CO2 emissions) and yes, disposal of same.
    This is all dependent on where you live and how much of your home's electricity is drawn from renewable sources. Electrical providers, at least in Texas, are required to provide the consumer a percentage rating on how much of the electricity they're being served with comes from renewable sources (hydroelectric, wind, etc.). The production of the battery and car itself I think would be a wash with comparing it to the manufacturing of a gas or diesel car/truck. I'm no expert, but on the surface it definitely feels like the EVs are better environmentally. Truth be told, I don't really care all that much. After a weekend in Denver, I want to let my truck idle a lot today, use as many plastic grocery bags and straws as I possibly can, and litter a little bit.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

6. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information