Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 41

Thread: How does PFM beat teams that know how to beat him?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Behind You
    Adopted Bronco:
    Marquette King #1
    Posts
    18,538

    Default How does PFM beat teams that know how to beat him?

    so, i think the blueprint for how to beat peyton manning is now well established - although it still takes top calibre players and excellent coaching to do it.

    Getting pressure on hm, and taking out the short and intermediate routes seems to be the way to go, forcing him to throw downfield, early and under pressure.

    Given the "perceived" weaknesses in our O-Line at the minute, it looks like when peyton drops back, he could have a lot of pressure, forcing him to take multiple "self sacks".

    So, my question is, how do we compensate for this.

    Obviously the answer is run the ball, make the defense respect and expect the run (first)......but it can not be as simple as that, otherwise, surely we would have made those adjustments last season.

    Thoughts?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam
    Posts
    34,830

    Default

    He doesn't beat them
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Burlintgon, VT
    Adopted Bronco:
    Von Miller
    Posts
    37,648

    Default

    The whole "blueprint" thing is silly. It's not like the blueprint to beat a Manning team was just discovered in the last year or two. Teams have always known how to beat Manning. It's just that very few have had the talent/coaching to execute that plan over the years. Now that he is starting to age, however, it's not as difficult to execute that plan as perhaps it once was.
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I'm a ******* idiot.
    www.twitter.com/carnold744

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Behind You
    Adopted Bronco:
    Marquette King #1
    Posts
    18,538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    The whole "blueprint" thing is silly. It's not like the blueprint to beat a Manning team was just discovered in the last year or two. Teams have always known how to beat Manning. It's just that very few have had the talent/coaching to execute that plan over the years. Now that he is starting to age, however, it's not as difficult to execute that plan as perhaps it once was.
    so how do we get round it?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam
    Posts
    34,830

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    so how do we get round it?
    We hope and pray that teams like Seattle's championship defense doesn't show up and games like the Colts in last seasons playoffs don't happen.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

  6. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:


  7. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Behind You
    Adopted Bronco:
    Marquette King #1
    Posts
    18,538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SR View Post

    We hope and pray that teams like Seattle's championship defense doesn't show up and games like the Colts in last seasons playoffs don't happen.
    Sometimes because I am a stupid Scottish person, who never grew up playing football, I think i might be missing something - so it makes me laugh when the answer from you guys is as simple as that!

  8. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:


  9. #7

    Default

    We need a great defense and a good running game to beat teams like Seattle.

  10. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Adopted Bronco:
    Joe Woods
    Posts
    24,898

    Default

    The simple answer to your question is that PFM doesn't beat teams that know how to beat him and have the personnel to execute that plan.

    That is why, when we go up against a team like that (Seattle, etc.), we have to be able to beat them with our team instead of just relying on PFM all by himself. We have to run the ball and play great defense etc.

    PFM is great enough to beat a lot of teams all by himself, but when you get into the playoffs, you need to be able to support your QB with other aspects of the team. Your defense can't allow Baltimore to score 38 points, or allow Seattle to completely ignore your running game while jumping all of your pass routes.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyBronco View Post
    We have lost NTL forever to the elitist crowd. Big green egg, home brew, hot latina wife, ...

  11. The Following 4 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:


  12. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Denver
    Adopted Bronco:
    C Kelly
    Posts
    18,106

    Default

    hope the new o line becomes superstars

  13. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Behind You
    Adopted Bronco:
    Marquette King #1
    Posts
    18,538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    The simple answer to your question is that PFM doesn't beat teams that know how to beat him and have the personnel to execute that plan.

    That is why, when we go up against a team like that (Seattle, etc.), we have to be able to beat them with our team instead of just relying on PFM all by himself. We have to run the ball and play great defense etc.

    PFM is great enough to beat a lot of teams all by himself, but when you get into the playoffs, you need to be able to support your QB with other aspects of the team. Your defense can't allow Baltimore to score 38 points, or allow Seattle to completely ignore your running game while jumping all of your pass routes.
    Yeah sorry, I agree.

    To word it better.

    How do we game plan against teams that have PFMs number

  14. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Denver
    Adopted Bronco:
    C Kelly
    Posts
    18,106

    Default

    if the new o line is shoddy in the running game, then there will be trouble. If we overpower people and can run at will, then i would say teams should have to worry about the run instead of #18. And then the plan around peyton shouldnt matter much. Play action most deadly weapon to defensive lbs and safeties, Only real way to deter teams planning around Manning. This is why i wanted Gurley on Denver, but yea, STL will do

  15. The Following User High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:


  16. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Adopted Bronco:
    Joe Woods
    Posts
    24,898

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    Yeah sorry, I agree.

    To word it better.

    How do we game plan against teams that have PFMs number
    The Broncos have to be able to execute an effective running game, and play good defense.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyBronco View Post
    We have lost NTL forever to the elitist crowd. Big green egg, home brew, hot latina wife, ...

  17. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:


  18. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Behind You
    Adopted Bronco:
    Marquette King #1
    Posts
    18,538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post

    The Broncos have to be able to execute an effective running game, and play good defense.
    Simples!

    Super bowl 50 here we come!

  19. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Adopted Bronco:
    Joe Woods
    Posts
    24,898

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    Simples!

    Super bowl 50 here we come!
    I'm not too worried about the defense. The question is whether or not Kubiak, et al, can convince Manning to step back into the shadows a little bit and let us run the ball.

    If they can't, it will still be a fun season, with a lot of wins. . . and a disappointing end. What else is new?
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyBronco View Post
    We have lost NTL forever to the elitist crowd. Big green egg, home brew, hot latina wife, ...

  20. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:


  21. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    5,280
    Adopted Bronco:
    Case Keenum BITCHES!
    Posts
    34,822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    I'm not too worried about the defense. The question is whether or not Kubiak, et al, can convince Manning to step back into the shadows a little bit and let us run the ball.

    If they can't, it will still be a fun season, with a lot of wins. . . and a disappointing end. What else is new?
    Hopefully, Manning listens long and hard to Elway. He can have a mediocre season (from Manning's perspective) and still break the couple of records he has left to break. AND, get another Superbowl win.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
status.broncosforums.com - BroncosForums status updates
Partner with the USA Today Sports Media Group